Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2023, 10:18 AM   #93409
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 17,021
Tim (old heavy one), try a stationary bike. Stationary being one that does not move.
At your age it will be so much safer if you put foam cushioning all around it for when you fall.

You need to put your doctor on speed dial!
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2023, 11:57 AM   #93410
Senior Member
 
PappaBull's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Prospect, KY
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Tim (old heavy one), try a stationary bike. Stationary being one that does not move.
At your age it will be so much safer if you put foam cushioning all around it for when you fall.

You need to put your doctor on speed dial!
I never seen a E-bike stationary bike. a pad that goes around the mechanical bull would work
__________________
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #93411
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
Did you ever just walk in a store with your better half, not expecting to buy anything and walk out with a new bike?

Well I did. Was looking at ice chest but walked by the bike rack. There set a men’s shinny Schwinn Cruiser 7 speed with 29 inch wheels. Just out of curiosity I stopped to see how much it was, no tag, I searched all over, no tag. Just so happened to be an employee walk by and I ask if she knew the price. She couldn’t find a price anywhere either but there was one on the shelf below the bike.

I did tell her I had seen that tag but couldn’t get on floor to read what it was for and didn’t expect a Schwinn to be that cheap. She said well it is today. Not wanting to take advantage of the situation I said well I bet you the manager will have other ideas about that. She replied “I am the Manager “ you just tell them at the register Tori said mark down to the shelf price. You have a great day.

Now here I am walking around Target pushing a new bike looking for Mary. Mary sees me coming and ready to argue that I wasn’t getting a e-bike. But I tell here the story and now I have a new bike. It’s not a e-bike but I got it, can’t resist a bargain. Have no idea what I’ll do with it, but I’ve got it!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:17 PM   #93412
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeBus View Post
E-bikes are good exercise. With the pedal assist, you still DO need to pedal. I do about 7 miles a day
Thanks for the post,I quickly showed it to Mary. She saidÖÖ. Well letís just say Iím still not getting a e-bike.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:52 PM   #93413
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 17,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Did you ever just walk in a store with your better half, not expecting to buy anything and walk out with a new bike?

Well I did. Was looking at ice chest but walked by the bike rack. There set a men’s shinny Schwinn Cruiser 7 speed with 29 inch wheels. Just out of curiosity I stopped to see how much it was, no tag, I searched all over, no tag. Just so happened to be an employee walk by and I ask if she knew the price. She couldn’t find a price anywhere either but there was one on the shelf below the bike.

I did tell her I had seen that tag but couldn’t get on floor to read what it was for and didn’t expect a Schwinn to be that cheap. She said well it is today. Not wanting to take advantage of the situation I said well I bet you the manager will have other ideas about that. She replied “I am the Manager “ you just tell them at the register Tori said mark down to the shelf price. You have a great day.

Now here I am walking around Target pushing a new bike looking for Mary. Mary sees me coming and ready to argue that I wasn’t getting a e-bike. But I tell here the story and now I have a new bike. It’s not a e-bike but I got it, can’t resist a bargain. Have no idea what I’ll do with it, but I’ve got it!
You had better go buy some tighty-whities!
You might look at JockO also.
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:43 AM   #93414
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You had better go buy some tighty-whities!
You might look at JockO also.
Na, this is a Cruiser. It has a seat like a John Deere tractor. Thatís really what caught my attention was the comfortable looking seat. Iíll put the old 21 speed mountain bike back in dust storage and let the GK use it when here. That is if the tires arenít rotted off.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:08 AM   #93415
Senior Member
 
Suspinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 6,250
Careful, Tim! Ride around in that John Deere seat & somebody's likely to take you for a farmer.

Is it green?

(BTW, a bicycle can buck a body off too. I had the dislocated shoulder to prove it.)
__________________
Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
'16 Thor Tuscany 45 AT & '14 Jeep Cherokee; 2 bikes, 1 kayak, 1 walking stick. Feline furfaces Betsy & Tikka. Yes, the journey IS the destination!
Suspinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:59 AM   #93416
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 17,021
Have Earlene tell you 'bout the time she ran into a parked car on a bike. Oh oh! I'm in trouble now!
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:27 PM   #93417
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
No Sue it’s actually brown, but wide and comfy unlike the mountain bike I’ve ridden in the past. Yep falls are a real issue but for me that happens just walking so I’m going for it. Mary has a new bike as well so we’re ready to take on two months at the lake and gulf!
At least we think we are!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:30 PM   #93418
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Have Earlene tell you 'bout the time she ran into a parked car on a bike. Oh oh! I'm in trouble now!
You mean allegedly parked car! That car surly was moving as the world turns!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 01:18 PM   #93419
Senior Member
 
PappaBull's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Prospect, KY
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Have Earlene tell you 'bout the time she ran into a parked car on a bike. Oh oh! I'm in trouble now!
BTW has a problem with mail boxes, the ones on the street not the house
__________________
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 09:50 AM   #93420
RV Mutant #14
 
Wayne M's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 17,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You mean allegedly parked car! That car surly was moving as the world turns!
Nope! It was really a parked car.

Not going to say about the time she ended up in a field riding a Lambretta.

But I might!
__________________
Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse) RVM14 (ARS: KE5QG)
Lexi - Goldendoodle
2015 Winnebago Tour 42QD - 2020 Lincoln Nautilus Reserve
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #93421
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Nope! It was really a parked car.

Not going to say about the time she ended up in a field riding a Lambretta.

But I might!
I had a Piaggo (sp ?)scooter I road everywhere. Paved road gravel road no road, it was a though scooter.
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #93422
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,951
I checked on Ed today, got a rundown of the rodeo he had at his daughters house. I came to the conclusion that Ed didn’t watch enough westerns when he was growing up. I prescribed a season or two of watching Yellowstone. If Jackie starts having a whole new vocabulary we will know she watched too.

Thinking of trying to get Ed to meet up at Fort Worth on the way down to the Second Mooning GC and we could take in a real cowboy rodeo. Figured he could pick up some pointers there as well.

Kevin you might want to join us, they have clowns there too!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Jeep GCL RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
bokobird
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.