Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #9563
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
To know Steve is to love Steve. Fortunately I only know him from our email ramblings and post here on the STM thread. So I'm only half way there and that is liking Steve.

Now, in April we shall meet, Steve and Dave in Kimonos and I might even wear one also. Then we can all group hug and love one another (NOT).

Steve,

One way of cutting down on the number of days you have left to work is to plan your sick day "vacations" ahead of time. Is that what you are doing now.

How many days left oh "potential" one. Did I ever tell you that being retired is hard work. I never know when I'm finished.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #9564
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Judy !!!

Also remember sometimes those warnings go off if you have low pressure even if its still round.

Cheers !!!
Herb and I can relate to round. Maybe a few more of us. I never knew it was "inflation," but then again, once in my life I was lean and mean.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #9565

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
All righty then here is what happened on our trip to Illinois. It was cold. It was colder than it had been in decades. p.
And my kids say "it has never been this cold".

They are under 45. It is again what it was.

But, what TPMS do you have?

Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #9566

Now, Steve, I done tol' ya, an' tol' ya agin: it's CHICKEN soup!!!

As for that cough, I'm with you on that one! Been through that and don't want to do it again! Too much like work. Oops, I said a dirty word. Will I get censored?

Chin up, buddy, and keep eatin'...chicken soup!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #9567

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have been doing some pondering since Steve has been on hiatus from the thread. This illness could be a coverup! What may be happening is Steve is in secreat traing for the upcoming Olympics. Having never seen Steve I'm only speculating that possibly he will be competing as a downhill salomon skier or maybe an ice figure skater!

Next thing you know, he'll be bringing home the Gold!

Another ponder, without google or any other source to look it up with, can anyone name 10 of the US top athletes that will compete in Olympics? Maybe 5?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #9568

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There's Olympics this year, Tim? Are you sure? Weren't they last summer? They sure mess up TV. Even the stations that don't show the games are messed up because they only show reruns. Dang! And where are they? I betcha it's someplace foreigners live. I never can understand what most of them are saying. Why don't they make 'em all speak Amerikan if they are on our TV set. They sure do mess up TV for a long time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #9569

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay okay you sick twisted mutants.... and Steve too! (He is just plain sick .... in physical ways but in the head too!) poor Annie.... Is that slave driver takin extra liberties here? I mean I know he is sick, but the messages, the spoon feedings, that homemade from scratch chicken noodle soup that takes hours to fix? First ya gotta catch that chicken and and de-feather and clean him cause Steve can only eat fresh! Makin all them noodles from scratch. Geesh Steve is really sick!

Just teasing of course... But Steve we really do miss your wit and charm. Still sending up the healing ohhhhmmms toward north Dallas till you get well. Keep your spirit up cause this will pass eventually and you will have another story to tell.
Get well buddy!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #9570

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sochi, Russia is the place, now I'll start with naming 5 of the US athalets.
1) That tall high school girl that won all the swimming metals
2) Mike Phelps, swimmer
Woops swimming is summer Olympics.
Ok I'll try to name 5 of the Winter games
1) Speed ice skating
2) Crosscountry skiing
3) Curling
4) bobsled
5) luge
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #9571

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The TPMS to which I referred was the system which came on our Pick em up truck. Made by Ford in the year of our lord 2011. And when you get new tires they hit you up for another $5 or $10 to rebuild the little buggers in each wheel.
I hope Steve is engaged in healing sleep.
An aside here, about 5 years ago, a laborer who worked for our company, who helped me get unloaded onsite had a bout of the flu. He was laid up on the couch, according to his wife, for 2 days without moving. When he came back to work, he complained of his leg hurting. After work, the pain got intense so his wife took him to ER. They admitted him immediately and he died. It was a blood clot in his leg which moved to his lung. This is not a cousin of my friends neighbor story. I saw this guy often at work, and enjoyed talking to him.
Please anyone who is ill, stretch now and then and move about some, even if you don't feel like it.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #9572

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Sorry folks, they had to change it. They took the "liver" out of the pills, so now it is; "More times than Carter has little pills."

Sorry. Busted bubble.
No problem, NO bubble busted.

My phrase predates when the Government stepped in with their
version of "truth in advertising".

Reference insulin.
I took the DW to an Urgent Care Center 3 years ago.
She was very sick and thought she had a major case of the flue.

They asked about her being a diabetic.
We responded that she was NOT.
We were informed that her blood blood glucose was off their
meter scale and could not be read!

They call the ER so they would expect us.

AT the ER they could not read it either and had to get the lab to run the tests.

While they were preparing DW for the ICU the results came back
that her blood glucose was over 1,000.

After 3 days in ICU and 2 on the regular floor she came home.
Before being discharged we were told if we had waited a couple of
more hours, she would not have made it.

Fast forward to now.
DW is OFF all medication for blood glucose control.
Totally controlled by diet.
Eats what she wants, in moderation. NO restrictions.

Recent A1C test was 4.8.
The Dr. told her to raise it as it was getting too low.
So over the holidays she got it up to 5.1.

With her heart condition she can not exercise much.
She can not do the 1,000 steps per day that works for many people.
So that only leaves what she eats.

After researching we found that the food culprit is not "sugar" but
it is the carbohydrates; that convert to blood sugar.

She watches the breads, crackers, pasta, etc. anything that
has carbs.

People immediately think "sugar" and do not realize that
carbohydrates is the real food culprit.

Now we have to watch for low blood glucose drops.
DW still checks the blood several times per day and at any sign
her blood glucose is dropping too low. When that happens,
we have found that Orange Juice will being it back up quickly.

We wish the best to all that have this fight in their lives.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #9573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
No problem, NO bubble busted. My phrase predates when the Government stepped in with their version of "truth in advertising". Reference insulin. I took the DW to an Urgent Care Center 3 years ago. She was very sick and thought she had a major case of the flue. They asked about her being a diabetic. We responded that she was NOT. We were informed that her blood blood glucose was off their meter scale and could not be read! They call the ER so they would expect us. AT the ER they could not read it either and had to get the lab to run the tests. While they were preparing DW for the ICU the results came back that her blood glucose was over 1,000. After 3 days in ICU and 2 on the regular floor she came home. Before being discharged we were told if we had waited a couple of more hours, she would not have made it. Fast forward to now. DW is OFF all medication for blood glucose control. Totally controlled by diet. Eats what she wants, in moderation. NO restrictions. Recent A1C test was 4.8. The Dr. told her to raise it as it was getting too low. So over the holidays she got it up to 5.1. With her heart condition she can not exercise much. She can not do the 1,000 steps per day that works for many people. So that only leaves what she eats. After researching we found that the food culprit is not "sugar" but it is the carbohydrates; that convert to blood sugar. She watches the breads, crackers, pasta, etc. anything that has carbs. People immediately think "sugar" and do not realize that carbohydrates is the real food culprit. Now we have to watch for low blood glucose drops. DW still checks the blood several times per day and at any sign her blood glucose is dropping too low. When that happens, we have found that Orange Juice will being it back up quickly. We wish the best to all that have this fight in their lives.

Great point..... Most people do not realuze that CARBOHYDRATES are sugars and starches..... My husband did not know that. But if you are on insulin by injection you must balance the insulin with carbs, and yes eat them"........... For someone who is a type 2 taking oral meds you need to avoid carbs. It can be confusing..... AND it is very hard to distinguish between high sugar and low sugar. You feel similar..... Always best to check it.... I was a type 2. No longer, DH is insulin dependedt (old type 1).
And i am a home ec major who worked for a time at a hospital as a therapeutic dietician.....

Again great point......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #9574
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just wanted to let y'all up Nort' know that my lawn service is here cutting the grass, blowing and collecting the leaves, etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #9575

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Marty should get her Bob to put her garden on a flatbed trailer, and Bob you should make one for Stephanie's garden.

I have a source for some really nice Blueberry plants near where I stay in FL during the winter. Gallon size already bearing fruit were $4 last April. I gave some to my winter hosts and would like to donate some to a monkey sanctuary in WA. Amazingly some of the same varieties grow in both places. In FL they mature in April, but in WA they're picked in Sept.

Since I can't find any nice plants that size up here for less than $25, I'm thinking about putting a cargo carrier on back of the MH and bringing back as many as will fit. If you see a Moho with a garden on back it's probably us.
Ha ha! Do you remember the thread about someone thinking about putting a garden on their roof.....
Old 01-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #9576
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
No problem, NO bubble busted.

My phrase predates when the Government stepped in with their
version of "truth in advertising".
[...]
Yep! I was just being a Smart A...lec.

I am type 2. I do not take insulin. I do need to loose weight. my A1C last time was 6.4, which puts me just above the border line.

Next year's resolution will be to loose weight and possibly exercise.