Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #11145

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Meet the striped bark scorpion
The coloring says "stiped bacon scorpion"
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #11146

Root beer float story

"Ask Larry about root beer floats when you meet him at GC.
Do tell for those of us who will not be in the fold? "

Ok, since so many mutant minds are dying of curiosity. DH and I are not originals, i am his #3, he is my #2... Ok we met at age 50 on an online dating site.... On our first trip together we were driving down to Austin Tx, Larry had a meeting. And being back in the single dating world, i was trying to be cute, sophistocated, just a all around good catch. Lol... Ok we stopped and got a hamburger and root beer at a fast food place that had soft serve ice cream.... Well he was from Baltimore, and retired Army officer, i was small time country hick who was trying to be a sonewhat proper southern belle..... So i was showing him how to make a mini root beer float.. Take a bite of ice cream, a drink of Root Beer, and slosh in your mouth. GUESS what ... Oh yes, it came spewing out of both nostrils.... Then laughing made it worse......

Same trip we were gonna take a romantic carriage ride.... Well the carriage stopped by a storm sewer, i didnt see it and stepped into it. Rolled my foot, breaking and spraining my ankle, spent that night in inner city hospital, and two days later the ride home on pain killers.....

Lol three weeks later he proposed.... Happy Valentines Day to old and new sweethearts. He is my everything.....

Ok, and for some, that is when I began watercolor painting. Never had painted before....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #11147

A grand story, Diane! True story. True love. Magic!

And your watercolor art is amazing! Madi and Calvin are my favs.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #11148

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Okay, I have to add a little to Diane's story. A little more about me first...after trying a European woman [shotgun wedding], there was the Yankee bride [oh well], I began thinking about finding myself a dreamy, SOUTHERN BELLE, as seen in all the movies. Well, I thought Diane was my Southern Belle [which she is] and then our trip to Austin, TX happened. When we stopped to eat, my illusion of Diane being a Southern Belle, well, to say it nicely, fell apart. She began by eating her corn dog, with mustard, by opening the packet of mustard & squeezing some mustard into her mouth and then taking a bite of the corn dog. [She still eats corn dogs that way]. And low & behold, she proceeded to show me how to make a mini-root beer float, SOUTHERN STYLE, with the outcome of root beer & ice cream all over the place!!!!!

I should have known right then & there what I was getting myself into! Bottom-line, she was my diamond in the rough who is my Southern Belle.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #11149

Fleetwood Owners Club
There is one thing you can bet on, all eyes will be on you two while eating at the GC.

Before you think it Wayne, this is not an Arkansas trait!
Bye the way Wayne see you at the GC@AZ!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #11150

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

I've still never seen one in the wild!

If one shows up at the GC I'm saying it came from Texas! lol

Can't wait till the GC@AZ!
If that was from Texas it would have to be burnt orange. Go Longhorns.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #11151
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Diwizi and zeelarry, You remind me so much of us, not extra marriages but just a wacky couple. Our first trip together while dating, we were driving down the highway and I cracked a joke while my wife was drinking her slurpy. She spewed it all over the windshield. My wife reached behind her and grabbed a towel and started to wipe the windshield with it not realizing that as it was about 90F and the slurpy instantly stuck to the windshield. Wiping it with the cotton towel left fuzz all over the windshield and we had nothing to clean it. We drove about a half an hour to the next stop like that. Her side just a blurry mess. Man we laughed. It didn't end at that. Once we got to the next town, we got the windshield clean and I noticed a burger joint across the lot. I took her order and started to venture over to get our meal. 1/2 way across the lot, I hear a voice. I turn around and my wife is asking me something. I couldn't hear due to the highway noise and asked her "What?" She leaned out the window to yell her additional request and inadvertently leaned against the power window button. I stood there and watched as she crammed herself sideways pinning herself against the top of the window. I ran towards the vehicle to help her. By the time I got there, She was laughing so hard at herself she had tears in her eyes and had managed to hit the button again to release herself from the grip of the window. We laughed for days about that and still talk about it today. I should have known what I was in for then and am happy to say the craziness continues.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #11152

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
If that was from Texas it would have to be burnt orange. Go Longhorns.
Oh boy, let the weather start getting nice and the longhorns get restless!

Jim been looking hard for us a Jeep, figure Ginny can just wear blinders and we'll be set!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #11153

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Oh boy, let the weather start getting nice and the longhorns get restless!

Jim been looking hard for us a Jeep, figure Ginny can just wear blinders and we'll be set!
I still have those valium I can give her.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #11154
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ha Tex! Twernt Tim and Marcus. Try Jeff and Marcus which should have been Jeff and Marcia!

Just saying!

Keep this kind of nonsense up and you may stir a Hog Call at the GC! lol
Stop trying to confuse me. I do that myself and I don't need any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Actually I am a great speller, however I am a lousy typist..... Big fingers dont work well on ipad.... And never was very good at typing anyway. And since i am too lazy to use spell checker....

Lol. But niw i understand.... smile Now... See the i is beside the o.....
"fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! "

Quote:
Ha Wayne, is this where you first became confused? lol
No, it was many, many years ago.

Quote:
Hey Wayne... Reading some of your posts lately - it appears your attention to detail may be Wayne-ing.

As a reminder - Have ya heard we're having a Curiosity in Az at Lake Havasu from April 24 - 30th. We're calking the GC @ AZ - sound familiar?
Quote:
Be sure to mention it to Wayne.
Yes, You can rest assured I will see you "at the lake."

Quote:
There is one thing you can bet on, all eyes will be on you two while eating at the GC.

Before you think it Wayne, this is not an Arkansas trait!
Bye the way Wayne see you at the GC@AZ!
If there are seating assignments for eating at the GC@AZ, I'll be far away from Diane.

AZ, AR, AR, AZ, AZ, AR....I'm paying attention to detail. Ya'll are trying to confuse some of the little men running around in my head playing catch between the states. Uh huh! Got your numbers.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #11155

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
See ya in Az Wayne!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #11156

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Les (and Bonnie) and Diane (and Larry) - great stories --- the things that make us human - and our ability to laugh at them (and ourselves) bring us closer together and keep us together!!

In the very first post of this thread I told of how RVM1 - Dave and - I - RVM2 owe so much to our DWs Nola and Annie respectively - for laughing at us....they keep us from taking life or ourselves too seriously. For those of us paired up mutants - laughing at each other must be genetic.

Paired up or not - Happy Valentines Day to all the STMs in the RVMdom!!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #11157

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Yikes .... Heeeeee'sssss baaaacckkkk! Afternoon Muteys and a fine howdoyado Happy Valentines day to all!

Well I just got the new Jeepy baseplate put on at Camping World in Denton so we officially are "toad equipped" today. Yahoosey! Next time we go see Wayne and Earlene they won't have to come get us in their Taj Majol on wheels. Speaking of which.... We got new neighbors sporting a 45' Winnebago Tour right down from us. Barb has to tie me to Jenny so I won't go down there and drool all over their coach. How un-mutant like of me! I'm reminded of that George Jones song...."she was hotter than a two dollar pistol, she's the meanest thing around. Young and lean every "old" mans dream, she turns every head in town."
Oh yeah back to reality. Well anyway now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

#31 on the side
Old 02-14-2014, 02:46 PM   #11158

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gotta love the silliness we all take for granted. Happy Valentines Day to all.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote