Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #11425

If that cliff gets water-soaked, it could all come down on you. Better have some plans or the city needs to do something to brace it up. Heard it all too often.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #11426

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh great, right when every one starts recovering from surgeries and flu and pneumonia, we hear about Barb living under an unstable cliff. Now we have to worry about the rocks rolling down on top of her home, or the rain and wind blowing a tree over on top of her home...this is a worrisome group.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #11427

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I thought about removing my own staples, Elizabeth, but I'm afraid my HMO would frown on that. It's only a 30 minute drive to the orthopedic surgeon's office and he ordered Home Health for me which is saving trips into town to do warfarin blood levels and PT twice a week.

My staples had to stay in 14 days because I'm allergic to Steri-strips that they usually put on after removal. They're starting to itch, so I know the time is right.

I gave up the walker today and started using forearm crutches, but only for balance. And I'm happy to say that the pain when standing and walking is almost gone. Everything is headed in the right direction.

Hmm, it must be time to start counting down the days until the GC@CL again.
Good to hear things are going good! Mary ask me pretty regularly if I had any updates on you. Told her the other day that you must be doing well, your posting at typical regularity.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #11428
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I gave up the walker today and started using forearm crutches, but only for balance. And I'm happy to say that the pain when standing and walking is almost gone. Everything is headed in the right direction.

Hmm, it must be time to start counting down the days until the GC@CL again.
Barb, it sounds like you are progressing very well! I'm glad to hear that you aren't having a lot of pain.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #11429
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I have one of those brown staple removers. Will that work? I'll do if for free.... he, he, he............
What a GUY!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #11430

Probably cost more than 99 cents.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #11431

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruadair
My back yard a few days ago, not taking the motor home out until it's all gone

and of course home made sushi for dinner
Bruadair - Looks like all the RVMs missed saying hello. So Hello - you have wandered into the thread of the RV Mutants. If you'd like to become a mutant too - it's easy as falling out of a camp chair. Ask me how I know.

Tell us a thing or two your RV doesn't have and you don't miss --- and

Affirm that --- The Journey is the Destination.

With that you will become RVM70!! Hurry back and let us know... The RVMdom, the rainbow and 69 Other RVMs are ready to welcome you aboard!!

Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #11432

Vintage RV Owners Club
Those are my fav pics you posted....You have an eye for a photo. Welcome to The mutant thread.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruadair View Post
My back yard a few days ago, not taking the motor home out until it's all gone

Old 02-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #11433

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Muteys it's a quiet evening in mutantdom so this STM is headed to bed. See ya on the sunny side of the rainbow!

#31 OUT
Old 02-19-2014, 01:07 AM   #11434

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Bruadair - Looks like all the RVMs missed saying hello. So Hello - you have wandered into the thread of the RV Mutants. If you'd like to become a mutant too - it's easy as falling out of a camp chair. Ask me how I know.

Tell us a thing or two your RV doesn't have and you don't miss --- and

Affirm that --- The Journey is the Destination.

With that you will become RVM70!! Hurry back and let us know... The RVMdom, the rainbow and 69 Other RVMs are ready to welcome you aboard!!

Steve and Annie
RVM2

Twelve or so years ago we took off on a small sailboat and sailed full time in Central and South America. Last fall we decided it was time to return home and travel here for a while. On our boat we lived 12 years without a microwave, laundry machines or dishwasher, and while we thought we would miss them we never did. Our adventures were to exciting to miss those things. With our new mode of traveling we still do not have a dishwasher or washer/dryer and still we don't miss them. Actually the Bounder has much more than we ever did on our boat, more and larger tv's, satellite dish, more space (lots more). This is luxury living for us.

In our adventures we enjoyed the people, local foods and culture, I don't think that will change traveling domestically. We thrive on adventure and while we don't expect big waves or pirates on this next adventure we do hope the journey is just as exciting.

And yes, we affirm that the Journey is the Destination
Bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 AM   #11435

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Those are my fav pics you posted....You have an eye for a photo. Welcome to The mutant thread.!
Thank you, I hope you enjoy this one too. It was taken last fall

Bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 AM   #11436

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruadair View Post
Twelve or so years ago we took off on a small sailboat and sailed full time in Central and South America. Last fall we decided it was time to return home and travel here for a while. On our boat we lived 12 years without a microwave, laundry machines or dishwasher, and while we thought we would miss them we never did. Our adventures were to exciting to miss those things. With our new mode of traveling we still do not have a dishwasher or washer/dryer and still we don't miss them. Actually the Bounder has much more than we ever did on our boat, more and larger tv's, satellite dish, more space (lots more). This is luxury living for us.

In our adventures we enjoyed the people, local foods and culture, I don't think that will change traveling domestically. We thrive on adventure and while we don't expect big waves or pirates on this next adventure we do hope the journey is just as exciting.

And yes, we affirm that the Journey is the Destination
Congratulations on joining the best "Not so august group" on the internet. RVM#70 is a badge to be worn with pride.

Next you get the sales pitch for the big camp out at Catherine's Landing, Arkansas.

Welcome aboard, sorta, well not really aboard but you know what I mean even if I don't. No water under us just wheels
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #11437

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning Muteys! Well, sorta morning. My right knee has a built in alarm clock and wakes me for exercise every morning about 4 AM PST. But, I'll go back to sleep shortly.

Dunner, the cliff is mostly granite covered with trees and ivy. This house has been here over 50 years and only 2 boulders have come down. I decided the comfort of the garage outweighs the risk of a boulder striking in the same place twice. I figure the MH motor would take the hit if one did happen to fall. And, I'm well insured. Oh, and thanks for the offer of the staple remover. I think I'll opt for the sterile one.

Brudair, welcome to RVMdom. Don't say you haven't been warned that this group is addictive. I hope you have as much fun here as I do. I appreciate your photography. Your pics make very interesting jigsaw puzzles.

Ok, back to sleep, now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #11438

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning Muteys! Happy to find out Barb is not going to slide (get squashed) or be pushed into the ocean, since the cliff is granite. Mike is exceedingly generous with staple remover. And Welcome to our newest member RVM70, who takes some dandy pics.