Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #11523

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
See - I knew some might think not....
I'm going with something (meat, veggie, condiment, etc.) between 2 pieces of "bread" (sliced, biscuit, bun, etc) is a sammich. Even the guy at the falafel shop puts falafel, gyro meat, etc in a pita and calls it a sammich.

But I get the distinction. What is a patty melt I wonder?
I'm going to stick to the cleanliness element in defining a sammich. I don't think it matters what is between those pieces of baked flour, rather it invokes the question "Can I eat this on my lunch break with a beverage in my one hand or do I need to sit with both elbows on the table, stuff this in my mouth, then visit the restroom to wipe the excess off my beard?"

A sammich would be the former.
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #11524

Hey RVM70, this is RVM43 wishing you welcome. When DW and I started to contemplate quitting our 10yr on water adventures I was concerned about how I would adapt. Luckily I found this twisted bunch of mutants. You know when you're cruising you make friendships quickly due to them being fleeting. Always moving to the next anchorage, port, Tiki Bar!! These RVM's have been like that. We've never met (hope to fix that at GC) but they've really been supportive. Great advice and encouragement. You're gonna love this group. We pick up our coach tomorrow, and will spend a few weeks settling in. Then off on a new adventure. See you on the RVM Rainbow!!
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #11525
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I have yard (dune) ornaments.
I can't believe you came out of the closet and openly admitted that on the Internet LOL!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #11526
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Muteys, I am concerned that some of you have yet to fully accept the retired lifestyle. Meaning being up and on the road by 8am or even 9am ??? Good Lord that's early , how can ya even have you'd coffee drank by then ? Cheers !!!!
I've always been an early riser and likely always will even once I throw in the "W---" towel.

It's my wife who has the issue with getting up and getting on the road early. I'm usually up 3 or so hours before her when on holidays. I should devise some kind of restraint for the bed and "strap er down" cause I could pack a lot of miles in before the grizzly came out of the cave!

Oh.....the reference to the grizzly is what it's like waking a grizzly out of hibernation to getting my wife up early......it ain't something you want to subject yourself to unless absolutely necessary!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #11527

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Oh.....the reference to the grizzly is what it's like waking a grizzly out of hibernation to getting my wife up early......it ain't something you want to subject yourself to unless absolutely necessary!
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #11528

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Muteys, I am concerned that some of you have yet to fully accept the retired lifestyle. Meaning being up and on the road by 8am or even 9am ??? Good Lord that's early , how can ya even have you'd coffee drank by then ? Cheers !!!!
We are happy if we get moving BEFORE 11am.... That has become our usual departure time.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #11529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhytefall View Post
Mutanity: noun. 1. The act of a person or person rejecting good sense and deciding that living in an RV and traveling is good idea, and then realizing the RV didn't have things they didnt miss, 2. A group of RV'ers whose collection of yard ornaments and Christmas lights scares casual campers, 3. The act of throwing good sense out the window because SQUIRREL!
1 and 3 are right on.
2 is too much like rope lights. Nonono!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #11530

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I love cold meatloaf with plenty of Miracle Whip... on white bread. Email me some.
One of my favorites. Right up there with fried bologna and cheese.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #11531

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm with Moebelly about the sammich. Anything best eaten warm and dripping doesn't qualify.

But Moe, pics of these thunder thighs will NOT be posted for the world to see and knees and thighs are too close together when the incision is over 9" long. You wanna see these new knees you'll have to come to the GC@CL and pray for shorts weather.

One of the downsides of knee replacement is the added weight the new hardware has provided. Just another plot to make calculating my BMI (body mass index) irrelevant.

Sena returned to being her bratty self after 2 days of enforced close proximity. I leashed her to the bed where I was spending 99% of my time. I'm now able to be up for longer periods of time and Sena has taken full advantage of my increased mobility to demand more food choices.

My right knee continues to awaken me at 4 am, much to my frustration. The rest of my body is in the sleep until a decent hour camp, say 9 or 10 am. After all, I am retired.

Without staples to walk on, Lily returned to sleep with us after a 2 weak hiatus. She also learned an earlier awakening time. That she will have to unlearn is she wants to share my bed!

Ok, right knee exercised, time to finish sleeping. Scoot over, Lily. I'll see y'all again at a reasonable hour.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #11532

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
1 and 3 are right on.
Without my rope lights how you going to admire my yard nomes, windmills and garden statues at say 3am. I might be such a disappointment to #1!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #11533

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
1 and 3 are right on.
But isn't mutanity a verb also? As it is an act? Or is it more of a synonym for community?
I did not win the powerball.
I too like my meatloaf samich with miracle whip, not ketchup.
After all those years of rising from bed before 5am, I have now learned to sleep in til 6am sometimes 6:30. But we generally think we are doing well to hit the road by 9AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #11534

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Without my rope lights how you going to admire my yard nomes, windmills and garden statues at say 3am. I might be such a disappointment to #1!
I'm thinkin that #32 may enjoy such joys at 3AM, but #1 has not even seen 10PM for years, let alone an AM less than a 5, which is my ususal time to rise.....with the sun....rope lights not required. ;-)

Nomes and windmills and garden statues?
With all of that, where do you keep yer grillin stuff?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #11535

Forest River Owners Club
Showing legs & Primates

Barb - I in no way implied or suggested I needed to see your knees, but it just may be worth a trip to AR to inspect the incisions

I must admit I am totally intrigued by Sena. I would think that monkeys are way too independent minded to have with you and I'm sure that I would never have the patience you have to take care of her.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #11536

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Les like you I'm usually an early riser but that's cause I'm in bed by 10 maybe not asleep but the TV news isn't the same unless I'm in a prone position. Now Barb is another story. I could suck in the slides with her in the bed, fire up Jenny and be 200 miles down the road before she cracks an eye open. She stays up half the nite and sleeps half the day away. I prefer the morning peace and quiet. Just me, Abbey my fur child, my coffee, and my I pad.