Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #11733

I wonder what it would take for the whole of Mutantdom to have our subforum on iRV2... Seems there is enough of us active to warrant it!
Nhytefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #11734

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhytefall View Post
I wonder what it would take for the whole of Mutantdom to have our subforum on iRV2... Seems there is enough of us active to warrant it!
Maybe?

Sure would be nice.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #11735

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Possum,

You gotta go to the GC just so you and I can take over this thread discussing all the options for getting here to there. Them Texans only think they have lots of options. Imagine if their caravan trip was over 1500 miles and had as many interesting things to stop and see and do along the way as WE have. It might take them months to figure it all out. Oh, did I mention that I need to make 3 day stops in Roundup, MT, Topeka, KS and probably 2 days at Marty's place? Surely you won't mind.

Do you know why a centipede has 100 legs? Because it was designed by a committee. And the millipede has 1,000 because it was specked out by a government committee. How many legs does the GC@CL bug have?

Hey guys, you could discuss this on the email list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #11736

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Judy,

I will apologize for the travel plan fiasco that I think I created. But hopefully you will understand having never been to Texas before I was just trying to get logistic info, I thought everyone lived logistics ermmmmm maybe only if you drive a brown truck.

Cheers !!!!!!
I just never really knew why anyone would go to Texas. Must be some attraction? Think I went through the panhandle once passing through, a long long time ago.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #11737

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I hope I don't come across as terse as I am afraid I will but...

While bacon seems to be without any season, there is a season for for most all other things and traveling to the GC is coming into full bloom. I think on a couple occasions I have suggested separate threads for things like this but have been shot down.

Frankly, the Yahoo groups set up...well...I really dislike it even when I can access it. It is my least favorite way to put a string together. It doesn't help that Yahoo doesn't seem to like working in my Safari web browser very well and is nearly useless on my iPad. Fortunately, I run Parallels on my laptop and can fire up Windows IE if I really need to.

I don't want to sound upset but let's face it...we are gaining more RVMs. While we are unified in celebrating the journey, we are not all interested in the same thing. That does mean that as long as we continue on a single thread it is going to start sounding like the trading pits at the NYSE.

I think the GC will be a wonderful experience and at the same time we will discover that some RVMs will have a stronger affinity to other RVMs with similar interests. As an example, the Jeepers will probably have a stronger connection with other Jeepers.

This HUGE thread is much the same way. There are items I don't really care about but I haven't complained. Sometimes I just let it flow, take a few days to week off of even reading it, then see what happens. It isn't that I don't care, it is that sometimes I just can't follow it when it twists and turns into silly, even sublime banter.

So, unless we find a different forum or start working separate threads with dedicated topics, someone is gonna get a screen full of stuff they may not be interested in if they visit this thread. No real way to get around that.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #11738

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Possum,

You gotta go to the GC just so you and I can take over this thread discussing all the options for getting here to there. Them Texans only think they have lots of options. Imagine if their caravan trip was over 1500 miles and had as many interesting things to stop and see and do along the way as WE have. It might take them months to figure it all out. Oh, did I mention that I need to make 3 day stops in Roundup, MT, Topeka, KS and probably 2 days at Marty's place? Surely you won't mind.

Do you know why a centipede has 100 legs? Because it was designed by a committee. And the millipede has 1,000 because it was specked out by a government committee. How many legs does the GC@CL bug have?

Hey guys, you could discuss this on the email list.

I'll try to have the trees trimmed back by then... what's your height number to be sure the canopy will fit ya? (We did talk about this a bit... didn't we? I already had you here in my mind...) My number is 11 or as I say, my thumber, because when I'm holding the steering wheel and coming to a low over pass, I don't remember numbers well and if I stick up my 2 thumbs, they make the number 11 for me to help me remember!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #11739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Arkansas Welcome Center. Just east of Texas / Arkansas state line. Next exit past Exit 108 (the welcome center has it's own exit but it is not numbered) Lady said there is plenty of big rig parking, hot coffee and maps if we need them . Just another option.
And brochures on our beeeeuuuuutiful state.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #11740

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So when did the world become a place where Root Beer is no longer a color a car is painted. Or Candy Apple Red or Green?
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1224991494.jpg
Views:	9655
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	56881
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #11741

Ok... Here is a change if topic... We finally did change out the uncomfortable flexsteel jackknife couch and like loveseat.... Hated them. Not relaxing at all.
Have been looking for 2 recliners for a couple of months... FOUND them... And what is better than two recliners? THREE .... got a rocking recliner and a dual rocking recliner loveseat.... Took the rv to sons, took out the old ones for his playroom, and then drive to the furniture store and they loaded the new in..... I am happy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4206235112.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	483.9 KB
ID:	56883
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #11742

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So when did the world become a place where Root Beer is no longer a color a car is painted. Or Candy Apple Red or Green?
Attachment 56881
Or when they stopped putting those huge chrome missile-like projections on the bumper?
MoeBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #11743

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Diane - are they "Root Beer" colored? Lol.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #11744

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Diane - are they "Root Beer" colored? Lol.
Kinda looks like it..... But no they call it straw..... And they are fabric not leather... But soo comfy.....
Old 02-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #11745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Kinda looks like it..... But no they call it straw..... And they are fabric not leather... But soo comfy.....
Ohhhhh they are root beer float colored..... Smile
Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #11746
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Ok... Here is a change if topic... We finally did change out the uncomfortable flexsteel jackknife couch and like loveseat.... Hated them. Not relaxing at all.
Have been looking for 2 recliners for a couple of months... FOUND them... And what is better than two recliners? THREE .... got a rocking recliner and a dual rocking recliner loveseat.... Took the rv to sons, took out the old ones for his playroom, and then drive to the furniture store and they loaded the new in..... I am happy...
Looks great!! We took our FlexSTEEL sofa out last year, too.