Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #11789

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ginny--I thought I would get a rise out of the Texans quicker. Really, I would go check out more of Texas if it were up to me. Unfortunately I don't have the choice. But that being said, we all have reasons for liking one area of this nation over another.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #11790

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Barb your a Bionic Women now! Your able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, run faster than a speeding bullet and if all else fails, kick the crap out of em with those mechanical knees. LOL

Wayne you have such a way with words! Don't go gettin all edumacated talking and thinkin your all that and a bag of chips. Your still the same ole wore out Sarge from that little wanna be town with a good catfish restaraunt. When you and Earlene get up here we're gonna show you how it's done up here in the big city! LOL
Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #11791

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
To be totally truthful... DH doesn't really like my colorful hair streaks... I don't reallly care... I don't like that he cuts his short (and is losing his), but I don't say anything about that... it's his head to wear how he likes. He will try to tell folks who compliment me on my hair not to encourage me... that just assures me I am on the right track...LOL! I guess I'm still a bit naughty inside someplace.Perhaps that is where the sick twisted part of my mutancy resides....
I agree with you in a way. DW will say to me, "Isn't it about time to get a hair cut?" and I respond "Which one?" and then I go get a hair cut. Being I'm in here and can't really se the problem she sees from out there I just shrug and go get a haircut. When I was single a while back (20 or so years ago) I had hair longer than a lot of women only because it didn't matter to me if I had long hair and matching beard. It bothers DW when my hair gets long so I off with the hair before the Queen of my Heart, Offs with my head.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #11792

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Years ago a service club I belonged to hosted an "Internet Safety" day and the provider needed a name of an attendee or two to show people what is available to stalkers.

One of the members of the club had a wife who was always bragging about how careful she was about what was out there on the web about her and hers, so naturally she was chosen (and agreed) and I threw in my name as I didn't really give a hoot what was available on the net about me.

You should have seen the face on Mrs safety when he started his presentation because he gave a hand out to everyone about what he had found on the net about the two of us.

In my case everything as I make no attempts to block stuff.

In her case she was shocked, her children's names, the school they attended, what clubs they belonged to, what social activities everyone in the family did, etc etc etc. It's all out there for anyone to find, no matter the degree of protection you provide.

The police are finding crooks via the web so nothing is protected.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #11793

Mini-Curiosity in progress, with Dave and Deb and Nola at DeGrazia Gallery in the Sun, Tucson.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4025783110.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	56938

Ted DeGrazia was an amazing artist with the spirit of an RVM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2384047177.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	615.7 KB
ID:	56936   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2289397635.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	56937  

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #11794

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
On the topic of the first cup of joe....

Attachment 56920
I need one of those cups!
Old 02-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #11795
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I need one of those cups!
Ditto.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #11796

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE
RVMdom to Elizabeth - come in Elizabeth. I was only kidding about your beautiful parrot looking delicious... Really, just kidding. How are your breathing symptoms? Many healthy Omms of positive energy your way!!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Steve, for the good thoughts and energy. I'm under water writing papers - my semester ends at the end of March, and eight credits of economics is killing me! Four papers and the final exam, and I'm carrying far too many credits.

My lungs are slowly getting better, but I get short of breath quickly.

We do have a parrot that came to us mostly plucked, so she looks like a little naked chicken. I promise you it's not worth it - she's about the size of a pigeon - 468 grams last weekend. They get weighed every weekend - we have to help them keep their girlish figures.

We picked up the MH Saturday, and I cannot tell you how happy we were to see it sitting outside the dealership all clean and shiny, with all her little warranty bugs worked out. I want to go sit in it just to be in it. I may go out there to study - it's much, much quieter than our house with eight birds, four dogs and three kids.

Hugs to all - I'm glad you all are planning mini curiosities and fun times. Please plan to come visit us if you're travelling in or through the Shenandoah Valley, and we'll see some of you at the iRV2 national rally!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #11797

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Please plan to come visit us if you're travelling in or through the Shenandoah Valley, and we'll see some of you at the iRV2 national rally!
How close are you to Shenandoah Crossings? We have a 5 day 4 night package we need to use possibly in May.

chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #11798

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
How close are you to Shenandoah Crossings? We have a 5 day 4 night package we need to use possibly in May.
We are about 75 miles from Shenandoah Crossings - it's about 45 minutes from where I work. It's a nice place that has gone through a lot of challenges. The main lodge was destroyed in a fire last year - I'm not sure where they are in building a new one. The rest of the resort is fine.

May is a beautiful time of the year here. You might not want to come on UVA graduation weekend - May 17 and 18 - the whole area is a mess! There are, however, a lot of things to do and see in the area, and if you like vineyards, you're going to love this part of Virginia. We have over 20 within an hour or so of Charlottesville.

Please let us know when you're coming - I think a mini curiosity would be wonderful!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #11799

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You know that smacking your forehead like that only causes more damage to those delicate hair follicles.
It is not the forehead that is the problem. It is the top at the back. It started when I was in grade school and the DW has had a hand in it as well. Pun intended.

Then again some people grow too fast and grow right through their hair.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #11800

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Where would RVMdom be without technology?

Attachment 56929
Now, that brings back memories! I still can recall passing a note in French class to my best friend (we are still best friends 50 years on and she is now a university prof) and our French teacher, Mr. Hume, who looked like Ichabod Crane, stalking over to us to enquire, "La post est arrive?" (Can't put on the proper accent on the 'e' on my I-pad.)
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #11801

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys!

Where is everyone tonite? Too quiet in here. Heeelllloooo eelloo eello eello. Did you know when a tree falls in a Forrest and no one is around it does make a sound?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #11802

"A little help here". Some nights, the sidewalks fold up around here. Patch, Steve and some others should still be here.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote