Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #12013

When I was about 8-9, my parents had some asparagus growing along the west wall. I don't think they ever tried to get me to eat it. It's one of those "green" foods I don't like. Back then, I didn't even like tomatoes.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #12014

Wow Wow Wow,

We landed in Palm Springs tonight by way of the Sultan Sea. We had grilled leg of lamb and rice and salad, the lamb was melt in your mouth tender and everything else was 5 star quality It was awesome !!!!

Cheers !!!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #12015

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep
Wow Wow Wow,

We landed in Palm Springs tonight by way of the Sultan Sea. We had grilled leg of lamb and rice and salad, the lamb was melt in your mouth tender and everything else was 5 star quality It was awesome !!!!

Cheers !!!!!
Tornado or Rainbow?
Slipped a journey in on us did ya?
Sounds awesome!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #12016

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I dangle this in front of all you STMs.
Yes, I feel so very guilty for doing so.

Attachment 57371
Is there anything you don't cook with Bacon, Dave.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #12017

When I was in the Army, we got served lamb something or other. It was as tough as the boots I was wearing. Haven't tried it since.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #12018

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Our asparagus patch is about 10 years old now. You just plant some roots and it starts growing and spreading bigger every year. It will come up every spring as soon as the ground warms. It grows so fast you can literally watch it grow. You need to cut the spears before they get much over 8 inches long as they will get woody. It will grow until late fall, then goes dormant. This is our asparagus patch today, behind the fence in the corner, under last years sunflower crop. We leave them for the birds to eat all winter. A few tall stocks can be seen still standing. We should have asparagus coming up in April.
Don, if you will break the asparagus spears rather than cut them, they'll always leave the woody part on the plant. A master gardener taught that trick. And I never had to go back for a knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #12019

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
When I was in the Army, we got served lamb something or other. It was as tough as the boots I was wearing. Haven't tried it since.
When I was in the Air Force - the lamb chops were tender, medium rare, and the mint jelly was just right. I was always told we ate better than the others, but this confirms it's.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #12020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Hey Mike !!!

You don't know what you have missed.
Lamb cooked properly is delicious or even incredible simply fantastic. Our side trip is to my DW's sisters place we are having a blast and the crown is flowing.

Cheers !!!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #12021

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Dunner, when my ex cooked lamb it was as you described; when my DW cooks it it is way to succulent for anything but eating all of it. Depends on the way it is prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don, if you will break the asparagus spears rather than cut them, they'll always leave the woody part on the plant. A master gardener taught that trick. And I never had to go back for a knife.
I like asparagus way too much. I will probably put in an elevated asparagus garden this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When I was in the Air Force - the lamb chops were tender, medium rare, and the mint jelly was just right. I was always told we ate better than the others, but this confirms it's.
Hmmm, maybe DW has an air force recipe book?

We were featured on a Shaw TV show about gardening and the greenhouse I built for my wife.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #12022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Dunner, when my ex cooked lamb it was as you described; when my DW cooks it it is way to succulent for anything but eating all of it. Depends on the way it is prepared.

I like asparagus way too much. I will probably put in an elevated asparagus garden this year.
Hey let's not discount asparagus that is a wonderful veggie !!!!! You may go back to your planned disfunctions.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #12023

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Before this goes too far Dennis - I'm not sure the Air Force ever served lamb chops or lamb of any kind. Just making the same point you and Jeff did. Lamb can be outstanding. Or like anything else - it can be burnt or otherwise poorly prepared, seasoned, etc.

This is why I'm having such a hard time dieting. I love to eat food, cook food, watch food shows, collect cookbooks, smell food cooking. You name it - if it's food - count me in. Dang. Ok - a thimble or two here and there.

I have already rearmed what 2 ounces of most proteins looks like - and can eyeball a cup of raw veggies and fruits and 1/2 cup when they're cooked.

As for the lamb - muddle eastern cooking has a real handle on it lamb and goat.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #12024

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BTW Possum - did ya ever say what the new little watch dogs name is?? I take it that it is not Tag or Movado???
Old 03-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #12025

Quote:

Yeah, but did they have adult supervision in the Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
You expect an Army cook to know how to prepare lamb for hundreds of men and still get it tender enough?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #12026

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
BTW Possum - did ya ever say what the new little watch dogs name is?? I take it that it is not Tag or Movado???
Not yet but I think we have a day or two to figure it out though. It's the little one that starts the bark-a-thon when someone tries to use her street without stopping by to visit her.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote