Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Dave - make that 2 RVM1 Platters to go - no substitution - just as described.

I haven't heard from Berthas Kitty Boutique in the Dells about sponsoring our first RVM Curiosity. If have time swing by and ask Bertha what gives. Pick up some Powder Milk Biscuits while you're at it. I'll pay ya when I see ya.

RVM2
Jearlyn Steele (singing) "Why do you work so hard to get what you don't even want?"

An RVM. On APHC
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #1304

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Something about this ad for Berthas reminds me of some other threads I read here. And why we RVMs ponder and what makes this a comfortable curiosity of, by and for mutants.

RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #1305

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Are they freestone peaches? By the bushel?...
They are certainly the very best that can be had and at any quantity desired, within reason
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
The only thing I don't like about our travel abode is the bed. It was great for the first few trips, but lately it is sagging toward the center. Looking underneath we discovered it is only supported by 1/2" OSB. So DH is going to have to beef it up, then maybe we can get a sleep number or knock off. We have that in S&B and love it. But even that would still need some kind of bracing underneath for support. Does Comfortaire make RV king size beds? Where are they located? Oh DUH! guess I should look them up myself ... Huh?
If you replace the 1/2" OSB, look for 3/4" cabinet grade ply. Much stiffer than the common grade building ply.

When you look at the Comfortaire web site, notice they sell a foundation separately. You won't need that since yours, like most RV beds already has the foundation. Also, I was blown away at the prices for the high line Comfortaires. They stack 'em up as high as 19". Way too tall for an RV bed. We purchased the 11" mattresses (long twins) which come up just under the window sills. I highly recommend the gel foam or maybe it's called memory foam, topping option. Our cat sure gives it high praise. He nestles down on a bed for the rumbling journey down the highway, waking up refreshed and ready to howl when we stop for the evening.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #1307

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm going to have to remember to tune into Channel Mutant earlier in the day. It's hard, tho -- not only am I on Pacific Daylight Savings Time, I'm also far enough north that it stays daylight until 9:30 PM. But alas, the summer solstice is but a week away and soon the days will start getting shorter instead of longer each day.

It's hard not to play ouside when it's so beautiful. We did have a short rain delay, but that wafollows bed by the most spectacular rainbow I have seen in years, so back outside to play some more.

Sena and her buddy Lily are both passed out from such a long day. Lily, the ever so sheltered canine got to experience real rain for the very first time today. A cloudburst came upon us suddenly and we headed back to the Moho. Sena, clever primate that she is, jumped on my shoulders and then ducked down inside my shirt to avoid direct rainfall. My hands were full and Lily was left to run back rather than being picked up and sheltered from the rain.

Of course she got there way ahead of me and then kept running back to me with a very puzzled presence. Once I got the door open she dashed up the steps and generously shook herself just as I caught up with her. She then proceeded to thank me for the lesson about rain by jumping on the bed and rubbing her wet self all over. At least she had not rolled in dead fish again.

Does anyone else besides me envy a dog's ability to shake water from their body? They always appear to be so satisfied afterwards. It must just feel good. Sena can shake herself, but not with the efficiency that Lily does. I'm jealous of both of them. Why did humans lose that ability?

And what is it about smelly stuff that prompts dogs to roll in it?? Here again, they always seem so proud of what they accomplished and SO indignant when we humans wash it off -- with a bath, no less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #1308

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
At least she had not rolled in dead fish again.

Does anyone else besides me envy a dog's ability to shake water from their body? They always appear to be so satisfied afterwards. It must just feel good. Sena can shake herself, but not with the efficiency that Lily does. I'm jealous of both of them. Why did humans lose that ability?

And what is it about smelly stuff that prompts dogs to roll in it?? Here again, they always seem so proud of what they accomplished and SO indignant when we humans wash it off -- with a bath, no less.
Dogs will eat it and roll in it to cover their own scent during the hunt, and for bragging rights to the pack that they may sniff to see where the roller has been.

I had just such a dog, but it is another story. She was always proud of it, especially if it was a dead fish.

I'm thinking that RVMs will not mutate that much, as regression is not in our nature. And we have enough to do, with figuring out what we dont need, and the Journey.

As a child, I would try to emulate the dog, shaking off the water. I always stayed wet, but did get a nice krink in my neck.

Pleased that the 3 of you are enjoying your surroundings. And a bit jealous, I am.

Your posts always provide a unique perspective that I enjoy.

Dave
RVM1
Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #1309

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber

Deeper and deeper, goin' down!
Yeah!
Just when we think we are going from point A to point B, along comes point A1, maybe also A2 and A3, and sometimes point B doesnt happen at all.

RVM1
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

Kept on point, a travel log might be very useful. After all, what's one more thread to peruse?
Yep. Travel is what we do. One more thread wont dim any rope lights.

TEFFY, how about an update?

RVM1
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #1311

Originally Posted by Moonrover .....

And best of all ... I may get flamed for saying this ... we can be in a group of fellow RVers who do not give a hoot about the pecking order of "class".

Did I stray off topic here? Won't be the first time I've "wandered".

Moonrover, "class" and "pecking order" do not register with me nor any RVM, as I see it. It is all about the Journey. And wandering is a part of the Journey.

Folks with "class" tend to stay to themselves, and are usually seldom seen outside of their rigs. Must be miserable to be that way.

Talked with a fine camper the other day. He actually wondered if he was a mutant, the way he wandered the country without all of the so-called "fineries" that others have. Sadly, he is non-digital. But we had a grand campfire together!

Dave
RVM1
Old 06-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #1312

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yeah!
Just when we think we are going from point A to point B, along comes point A1, maybe also A2 and A3, and sometimes point B doesnt happen at all.

RVM1
While I bow to the wisdom of RVM1 I must expand on the principle being stated.

Not withstanding the theory that there is always a point between any 2 points (Wish I could have proved that true during my bar bouncer days. LOL) there would be an infinite number of A# between A & B providing an infinite number of opportunities to stray off any preplanned travel plan.

Perhaps the first Law of RVMdom is, "RVMs recognize that infinite choices lead to infinite mutations of possibilities."

bowing to the RVM that came before all of us.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #1313

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Yep. Travel is what we do. One more thread wont dim any rope lights.

TEFFY, how about an update?

RVM1
Good morning RVM1. Hope you enjoy the Duck adventure today.

I sent a PM TEFFYs way at 6:30 last night but no reply. Will assume all is well and LA is keeping them busy.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #1314
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If Barb and Dave can shake like a dog, I'm opening an RVM Disco!

The person without digital is truly an RV Mutant.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #1315

Ah disco! There one day and gone the next. It had a short life, and just as I was starting to get in the groove. McArthur Park ... Lyrics have hidden meaning (was it Jimmy Webb?). The beat of the music and off-key chords made it one of those songs that begged to be listened to again. The lyrics actually have a parallel to the meaning of the words to Scarborough Fair. Lost lover ... wedding ... frustration .....

Seems the days of feeling the lyrics while grabbing a handful of keys have vanished. I know Floyd Cramer felt the lyrics when he played. That's why he flipped in notes to punctuate his emotions.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Hey you sick twisted RVMs!

Our RV bed was good. We made it better.
A 2.5 inch no-name memory foam topper thingy. A hunert bucks. :-)

I have never stayed at a holiday inn express, nor the Biltmore Castle in Asheville. But I did get 11.5 MPG today. But that is another story.

I like my steak to be a porterhouse, a T-bone with the tender "eye" in it. Just knock off the horns, wipe the behind, take the cut, a little sizzle on each side. With Johnny's seasoning, sauteed portabellos, and a fire-cooked spud.

I turn down roads with my Wrangler just because they have nifty names, like Christmas Tree Pass, or Frog Hollow Lane.

I like chocolate, but a little bitter. 63% cocoa is perfect.

My favorite pudding is tappioca... No vanilla.

My grandson, at 2, called ketchup "gup-gup" and shrimp "fremps", even if it was crabs, and I will always call them that.

Nola and I met on a blind date. She hated me. When she needed a date for winter formal, her best friend said "ask that guy Dave. Hey, yer not gonna marry him". Our anniversary is next Saturday. 45

It is a gorgeous night here in the Wisconsin Dells. Brad does not know he is going to ride a Duck tomorrow.

You RVMs are driving me wild with all these fine posts. Just wish I could think of something to say.

So....Sup?

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Must be one big Duck..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote