Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM9 - good morning to you. I was reading one of your threads about the renovation you're doing on the Cub. You are certainly a Creative RVM!! How's it coming along. Did you work out your window treatments. It's funny. When I saw the material you picked out I thought you were using our Bounder for ideas. Very similar and know you will love that color scheme if you go with it. Ours looks like this.
Attachment 38721

RVM2
Hi RVM2

VERY SLOWLY. I have a methodical husband that almost takes a few sticks of TNT under his chair to get him moving sometimes. But I don't nag... I just go out to the shop and start making noises... that usually will guilt him into helping me. lol

So far the progress is I have most of my cushion panels cut and have made yards of piping which I sewed to the panels. Hubby has gotten the subfloor replaced in the bathroom area, repaired the black tank, and is working on the walls. (so far it's 1 stick installed every 7 days or so) <sigh>

I Love bright colors and originally wanted to go screaming red Hawaiian print. But the more I looked for fabrics the more I realized that the prints I liked were only available in cheap cotton woven prints for shirts and muumuus and not wide enough... making it very expensive. Also it was not durable enough for a trailer. So I just browsed and searched until I found some real upholstery fabrics in a price range I could afford at the time on Etsy. Sadly the piece was not big enough. That sent me off on a search for similar fabrics... and I finally found the floral for less than I would have thought. The tweed look stuff is lightweight cotton weave with which I will probably make a duvet cover out of to put over our sleeping bags... and I think I'll make the shower curtain and curtain panels out of that too, with some of the stripe incorporated. (Still thinking on that actually)

I will admit that I did go to my local new RV place and dashed in and out of the new RVs to see what the trends were. I am sure I disappointed the Salesmen when I told them I was just looking for ideas. Lots of browns and beige and navy is what I found last year.

True to almost every mutant... I tend to use what I have if I can make it work. An old table becomes the counter top in the bathroom... etc.

Thanks for asking... I thought that thread was completely dead.
Sylvia
RVM9
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #478

Quote:
Teffy - welcome to RVMdom. You are RVM26.

RVM2
Steve and Annie
I think we have two RVM26's now.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #479

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
You are correct - Can I pretty please be RVM27? Please Please
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #480

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY

You are correct - Can I pretty please be RVM27? Please Please
You RVMs are doing a great job keeping us honest with our Roster. Apologies to RVM26 and his RVMHaul - and TEFFY is herby dubbed RVM27 with all the rights and privileges of RVMdom.

This is a fast growing group! Before ya know it we will be able to fill a small CG - this is BiG! BIG I Tell Ya!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #481

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Teffy,

Welcome the land of Mutants!

I am also going thru a dishwasher install. I made a 250 mile detour on my trip north so that I could have custom cabinetry made to hold my new dish drawer, and I don't miss the never used stove/oven. Also adding storage cabinets where the U-shaped dinette used to be. Didn't use it, don't miss it.

Tomorrow is the test fit and then it's the painter's turn. With luck we can leave here in 9 days. I'm SO ready to get back on the road.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #482

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub

Sylvia - thanks for the update on your progress. I thought of posting to your thread - but thought our RVMs would like to hear about your efforts. We like color too and Annie has been adding a splash here and there. Two examples:
Bright colored plates from Wally World.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4017425413.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	647.3 KB
ID:	38731

And tossing aside the stock pillows for some with a little more splash.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-318401644.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	38730

It is all part of the journey! Personal touches make a big difference in your RV - big or small touches - all enhance the experience.
RVM2
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #483

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM25 - hi ho nwcountry! I'm not familiar with the canopy but I am familiar with velcro - double sided tape etc. If your curtains are light weight enough - as mine were in my B van - even though they were "backed" they were light. They were on a slider rail - but could have easily been Velcroed at top and bottom. They also had Velcro patches at top, middle and bottom of the curtain ends where the two met in the middle.

Maybe one of our RVMs has canopy experience and give some other ideas.

There is a thread out there when a young guy is living out of his Honda Fit - and been doing it for a while. You should be able to search for it for ideas on "small footprint" living.

Glad your doing well with the Finance class!! Keep after it!
RVM2
Old 05-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #484

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well I'm out visiting the Bounder at storage and giving the generator a little workout. The fridge and both a/c's and the battery charger are have been cycling through between 27 and 33 amps.

Would rather be camping but we mutants take what we can get when it comes to spending time with our rigs.

Thought I'd pass along another quote from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. While we like all sorts of CGs and resorts, the quote describes one of our favorite types of places.

&ldquo;It is a kind of nowhere, famous for nothing at all and has an appeal because of just that.&rdquo;

Happy mutating - and moms day!
RVM2
Old 05-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #485

Mekanic - Do sometimes post on DiRT? Truck looks Familiar.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #486

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Being there are so many of us now; shouldn't we have a HIGH SIGN so we know who we are?

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
Being there are so many of us now; shouldn't we have a HIGH SIGN so we know who we are?
LOLLLLLLLLLL!! I love this one, PEEEEEERfecto!! Denise
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #488

NO kidding, this could get me out there don't you think you guys?? For the weekends anyway Not have to set up a tent. If any of you come to camp in Oregon, I could meet ya thar!! Denise
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #489

Quote:
Sylvia - thanks for the update on your progress. I thought of posting to your thread - but thought our RVMs would like to hear about your efforts. We like color too and Annie has been adding a splash here and there. Two examples:
Bright colored plates from Wally World.
Attachment 38731

And tossing aside the stock pillows for some with a little more splash.
Attachment 38730

It is all part of the journey! Personal touches make a big difference in your RV - big or small touches - all enhance the experience.
RVM2
This looks so homey love it!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
NO kidding, this could get me out there don't you think you guys?? For the weekends anyway Not have to set up a tent. If any of you come to camp in Oregon, I could meet ya thar!! Denise
That looks great Denise! And tons of storage in the basement. Put a little grill or camp stove in there, a cooler and you cold live for weeks. All the lakes in Kansas have nice bath facilities. Sure they do in Oregon.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote