Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #519

Ok, there are several things I don't have and don't need:
1. Slides
2. A job
3. Good sense
4. An adgenda or a goal
5. Pets
6. A boss (other than DW, of course)

Does that mean I qualify? If I don't need an RVM mumber, does that DISqualify me? I'm lost, but I don't really nead a direction anyway..................

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #520

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
1. Slides
2. A job
3. Good sense
4. An adgenda or a goal
5. Pets

Does that mean I qualify? If I don't need an RVM mumber, does that DISqualify me? I'm lost, but I don't really nead a direction anyway..................

Tom
Sounds to me like a prime candidate for membership.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #521

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE
1. Slides
2. A job
3. Good sense
4. An adgenda or a goal
5. Pets

Tom
You may not need an RVM number but one so qualified sure deserves one. Welcome RVM28. An impressive list of things not missed!

RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #522

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM Words to ponder....

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Sounds to me like RLS may well have been a RVM too. When the journey is the destination, you're dissappointed.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Great Start Denise! After 3 weeks of watching my cabinet maker's bill steadily climb, I have 1 suggestion. Keep it simple!!!

I hope to be coming thru Oregon in 3-4 weeks. Maybe we can meet up. I plan to come across a bit north of you, but there are so many great Boondocking spots in Oregon, I'm sure we can find a place not too far for either of us.
Awesome OK, would love to meet you Let me know when and where you will be, and I will let you know if I can be there, Denise
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #524

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sena is a true MUTANT

I just thought I should let you in on a little secret. Sena, the designated RVM mascot is a mutant in her own right, not just by association with RVM 18.

Example: I have been fussing at Sena for drinking out of the dog's water bowl. She has no fewer than 3 sippecups scattered thru the house, but she prefers Lily's water for some reason.

Mind you that she doesn't lap water like a dog, she picks the bowl up, drinking as if it was a cup. Monkeys are much smarter than dogs and have hands that give them a great advantage over their canine companions. Unfortunately, the bowl is large and heavy and she gets fussed at for spilling as well as depleting the dog's supply, when Lily cannot drink Sena's water.

Over the last 2 weeks, I noticed no more spilled dog water, but the bowl seemed to be empty more often. Considering that the daytime temps are higher, I wasn't too concerned. Oddly, tho, I have been finding straws on the floor, not far from the dog bowl, but figured that Sena had dropped them after playing with them.

Today, I finally caught her in the act! Sena has been taking straws to the dog's water bowl and sipping away. Straw drinking is a talent she learned as a baby, but using the straw to sneak water from Lily's bowl is a true mutation from typical non-human primate behavior.

I now concede! Tomorrow we head to Petco for a larger dog bowl, perhaps even one of those self-replenishing types with a gallon jug attached.

Mutants can not be defeated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #525

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb- As long as Sena doesn't start licking salt - sipping tequila and biting limes, I think you're ok.

Btw - did ya get the fan in Sena's space put in ok?

RVM2
Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #526

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The fan should arrive tomorrow. I also have a new vent to put up there, but have decided to wait until we get to Seattle to install it. We are not where I have a good tool source here in OK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #527

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Denise, yes they do have a rv. They had a tt but, I think they were gettin ready to get a fiver. My sister works for Umpqua Insurance and B-I-L works at a saw mill. Haven't seen her or B-I-L in a couple of years. Sure would like to get back up there and go spend some time on the coast. A day trip from her house over to the coast is okay, but not the same as spending a couple of days or more would be.

Jerry (RVM3)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I can do the sign, but draw the line before the dark eye shadow.
Kinda scary looking.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM Words to ponder....

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
Robert Louis Stevenson

Sounds to me like RLS may well have been a RVM too. When the journey is the destination, you're dissappointed.
I can never FT. Too many hobbies and I can't take my shop or tools with me.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

I can never FT. Too many hobbies and I can't take my shop or tools with me.
It's a given that F/T is not for everyone, Dunner! Most folks we have met out here still have S&B and travel 1/2 time.

I downsized my hobbies, eliminated the least important ones, and enlarged the most important one: photography. I do much more of it now and the "tools" fit in the palm of my hand.
I also carve wood, but smaller projects now, smaller and fewer tools. And everything I carve ends up looking pretty much like a stick.

For us, not having S&B simply gives us the freedom and adventures we craved. We will be F/T until we either cant or change our minds (you know, Mutate).

Right now, we are at our "home" camp in PA to do family time. And we have sticks, no bricks. :-)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1473355095.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	756.8 KB
ID:	38855

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tomorrow we head to Petco for a larger dog bowl, perhaps even one of those self-replenishing types with a gallon jug attached.

Mutants can not be defeated.
Emphasis on "attached", as in firmly?

You dont Mutate all by yourself then. Sena assists, as a good RVM Mascot should. ;-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
Denise, yes they do have a rv. They had a tt but, I think they were gettin ready to get a fiver. My sister works for Umpqua Insurance and B-I-L works at a saw mill. Haven't seen her or B-I-L in a couple of years. Sure would like to get back up there and go spend some time on the coast. A day trip from her house over to the coast is okay, but not the same as spending a couple of days or more would be.

Jerry (RVM3)
Yes, my sis lives between Winston and the coast. I go over as often as I can. I haven't camped there for a long time though, great CG's though!
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote