Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
Hi all, for anyone that reads this, I wanted to let you know that I am un-joining the club. I don't see myself as a good fit, but I did enjoy my time here. Good luck to all, and anyone that has my number, please don't hesitate to contact me, I am still glad to help with finding cg's etc in my area Denise
Wow, get out of internet range for a couple of days and bang....

Denise, all the best to you. I don't feel clubbed at all... but I can understand your feelings. Besides I'm often the square peg trying to get into the round hole..so if you are ever in the southwest (winter) or Midwest (summer) give a holler..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #604

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
RVM25 nwcountry -Retired in Place.

Anyone who sits inches from water for hours on end, is a mutant.

I can never FT. Too many hobbies and equipment. I turned my family room into a climate controlled shop, with 3 lathes, two mills (1 is CNC) band saw, 12T press, speciality tools, TV, cabinets. My garage has MIG/TIG/ARC welders, sand blaster, drill press, grinder, compressor, tools, etc, and my sand rail, plus spare parts and Acces. Not to mention what I have in the rest of the house.

This is my actual 1932 Atlas lathe. Still use it about once a week or so. Only a couple things are not original. Hope I work as good at 81.

Atlas/Craftsman Metalcraft & Metalmaster lathes
Atlas Metalmaster & Metalcraft lathes page 2

I could probably get all what's here and in the garage in my 20' enclosed, but I wouldn't be able to move around.

Dunner, I don't believe you actually do any metalwork in there.....the floor is just too darn clean!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #605

See the area just in front of the far rubber mats. I cleaned that the other day.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #606

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
See the area just in front of the far rubber mats. I cleaned that the other day.
Maybe so but I saw a picture of it 6 months ago and nothings changed LOL!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #607

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Wow, get out of internet range for a couple of days and bang....

Denise, all the best to you. I don't feel clubbed at all... but I can understand your feelings. Besides I'm often the square peg trying to get into the round hole..so if you are ever in the southwest (winter) or Midwest (summer) give a holler..
Just wait buddy. When my copywrite lawyers get through with you, you'll know ya be "clubbed". Lol.

We're are square pegs brother.
RVM2
Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just wait buddy. When my copywrite lawyers get through with you, you'll know ya be "clubbed". Lol.

We're are square pegs brother.
RVM2
Sheesh...run away run away!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #609

“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.” "Not all who wander are lost." J. R. Tolkien

We started our journey to freedom by downsizing to a small place in the northwoods. Everything finally free and clear, no debt including our truck and trailer. Now we are free and can travel! I would love to full time, but realistically that would require selling up totally and getting something larger. DH not so sure he likes the idea. Would have to leave his shop, his tractor, etc. But I can imagine summers in the north and winters in the warm. Sitting in the trailer right now in a Provincial Park in Ontario. First weekend it is open! The season is short up here. Many trips planned. Are we mutants? We have certainly mutated a lot in the past few years! I'm ready to sign up!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #610

I have a good maid? Seriously, I wear socks inside the house to keep my feet warm, cozy and clean. I've had metal chips clog up my socks and they have been painful. Hint: Never use a rotary burr on steel.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #611

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.” "Not all who wander are lost." J. R. Tolkien

We started our journey to freedom by downsizing to a small place in the northwoods. Everything finally free and clear, no debt including our truck and trailer. Now we are free and can travel! I would love to full time, but realistically that would require selling up totally and getting something larger. DH not so sure he likes the idea. Would have to leave his shop, his tractor, etc. But I can imagine summers in the north and winters in the warm. Sitting in the trailer right now in a Provincial Park in Ontario. First weekend it is open! The season is short up here. Many trips planned. Are we mutants? We have certainly mutated a lot in the past few years! I'm ready to sign up!
First order of business - thanks for the quote. One of my favorites!! So of course you are officially dubbed RVM29. Our only real requirement is to identify a thing or two you don't have in the RV but don't miss. Other than that, you have proven yourself a worthy journeyer and the journey is your destination. All rights and privileges are hereby granted. Welcome to the non-club club.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #612

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Sheesh...run away run away!
Ya know - a location such as Vegas - is always my list of places to journey toward. Might head that way and never make it, but West is always a good direction to drive in the morning.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #613

Well, RVM29 doesn't miss cleaning the sticks and bricks and doing yard/house maintenance. Also telemarketers and 9 to 5 work!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #614

I have a laundry bag in my MH and I wash my dishes with fresh, soft holding tank water.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #615

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Another RVM and I were discussing my plan to go FT with a target date of July '14. I have lamented that we really are getting anxious. They suggested going earlier. There are a number of reasons for that date and I won't bore you with them except to say we are and have been on a 5 year plan. That plan has actually gotten us where we are today - no more S&B (apartment) - no debt except small balance on Bonita Bounder (payoff before hitting road) - pretty well educated on coach and in good repair, savings and investment on track.

But what I didn't count on with the plan was the call of the road. The closer we get the more we long for it. We could ditch the plan but it has negative financial implications I'm not prepared to endure. So for now we stick with the plan. It's gotten us this far. Hopefully we will not have any surprises to slow us down - but as mutants we will adapt. We have come farther and closer than many - and now we execute. As hard as it is to wait - we are by no means suffering.

For those RVMs thinking about going full time one day - plan your work and work your plan. But keep this in mind too - and actually this is what my mutant friend was saying...

"Sometimes it is better to begin the journey, to get under way, then it is to sit back and wait until such time that you're convinced that all conditions are perfect and that there'll be no surprises along the route."
John Engler

Our journey to full time began with the plan. As I ponder the above - and review the plan - I will keep you apprized of any changes. For now, it's keep to plan - the journey so far has been good. The next leg of the journey will be better. After all, living on the rainbow is worth the wait.

RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Before we went full time (and were still working) we took several high dollar scuba diving trips every year. Our Financial Advisor told us at every meeting that if we cut back on the trips we might be able to retire sooner. We told him that by the time we retired we might be too old or infirm for such activities. When we did get to retire we got the RV bug. After a year or so of trips from the S&B we decided to go full time. We literally handed the house keys to a realtor, put the furniture in a storage Pod and took off. That was a year and a half ago, and we have never looked back or regretted our decision for one moment. Could we have waited longer until the long term plan was just perfect? Yes,but by that time we might be too old or infirm for such activities (see a pattern forming?). We knew that without the house expense we would have just enough to get by on with not much wiggle room. But we went ahead and did it anyway. Then we discovered Volunteering which gives us zero cost on campgrounds, utilities and motor home fuel for 9 months of the year. Wiggle room aplenty in the plan now!

My message should be obvious: if you wait until the plan is perfectly formed before executing it, you may be too late. Live your dream now and make changes along the way. I hadn't heard that John Engler quote before, but it could have been written for us.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #616

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dunner, I had that same tile on the family room floor in a house I bought in Arlington, TX back in the mid 80’s. Brings back memories. I always wanted to replace it, but got rid of the house before doing so. I refer to that as geographical redecorating.

I think turning the family room into a shop makes sense for a bachelor, but I'm curious as to what your girlfriends think about heavy equipment in the house? Of course if they don't make the house payments their opinion doesn't matter, huh?

I now fully understand the red line in your signature.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote