Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #1415

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Attention RVMs -- Dateline 6/23/13

Moonrover has won the first official RV Mutant Working Blind Plumber Prize of the Day! With limited and somewhat faulty data he has correctly reverse engineered his way into identifying my black water tank. My schematics prove his mutant logic sound and accurate! Bells and Whistles!

The first PVC pipe is where the rear toilet enters the black tank. The second is the black tank vent. On the far side and unseen in picture - the front toilet sits directly above the black tank. The other wizardry of the hose line / fitting below the rear toilet entry isn't depicted in the Drain Plumbing schematic - but is in the Hot and Cold Plumbing schematic (?!) and is indeed depicted in the Santi Flush detail. So again -- Great Answer! If there were to be a pyramid log jam - it would likely be at the elbow to the tank and right there. My takeaway - I don't want to open that line and flush that out, and to use plenty of water in the rear toilet. It is a Tecma and the full flush is pretty powerful. My crude estimate is a 4' run to the tank. It is also good to know the front toilet sits above the "deep end" of the tank. Hopefully there are no bends or obstructions beneath it. Guess I will pull out a flashlight and look next time.

As we have said many times - RVMs are curious. I saw a cutout and foam insert and wondered why. I had briefly glanced at my plumbing schematics but had not studied them. I'm still not sure a hose would be left there long enough to warrant the cutout but who knows?

Are you questioning something - curious and asking why - RVMs are here to help one another mutate. (Along with all the other non-mutating forum folks for sure.)

Thanks Moonrover and Congratulations on your big win!!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #1416
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
This is the way of the RVM!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3409961824.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	41145
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1417

This is one question I'm curious about:

Why are so many MHs brown while almost all TTs and 5th-wheels are white?

Is it just convention, or is there a practical reason?
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #1418

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids View Post

Sounds like today's Mutant Ponderation subject to me.

In practical terms, nowadays I think all RV's start off white, since that is usually the color of the fiberglass gel coat. What paint job is then applied depends on the quality and cost of the finished product. My Thor ACE came with a full paint job with none of the white base layer showing. The non full body paint version just had colored decals applied on top of the gel coat. If I recall correctly the paint job added about $2,500 to the MSRP. But why most paint schemes are shades of brown is beyond me. Off to ponder.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #1419
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Availability of colored product. Cost. You'll notice that a coach is SLIGHTLY higher in price. Gives you more options to pay for.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #1420
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I'm going to have to sit back and ponder why I ponder so much.

Kinda like our Government. They spent $175,000 on a study to find out why the Government has so many studies!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1421

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids

Hmmm... This is a good question. With newer Motorhomes I'm going to go with full body paint being expensive to apply - so they go over the top with colors and swirls etc. Older Motorhomes were basically white with lots of decals. Trailers got / get the decal applications as well. I'm no expert on trailers so not sure if they get the FBP treatment or not? I just know I will always have FBP from here on out. I do think they could tone it down a bit.

Btw - while it's still morning here - good morning RVM4 and same to all other RVMs.
RVM2
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #1422

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch
This is the way of the RVM!
Les - I'm gonna say - "Making hay while the sun shines." Annie will say - "I don't see any hay." And I will say - "I didn't say I was any good at it Gonna take some time." :
Old 06-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1423

Mmm! Sushi-saki-sashimi ... I could sing that song all day! Quit! You're makin' me hongry!

How come you get some an' I ain't got none? My bad ... I'd better motor on home and mix me up some vinegared rice.

We are on our way home from a Bounder chapter rally. Since we're about to mutate over to a Thor Tuscany (40 FX), we have now been declared SOBs (Some Other Brand) and have been, sadly, excommunicated. It's a nice bunch of folks and we will miss them.

Being mutants, however, we will chin up and move on.

Cheers!
Sue aka suspinz
RVM36
Old 06-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #1424

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue - RVM3 Jdoc - probably knows the SOB rules as well as anyone. We'll see what he has to say bout that there.

The sushi was great last night. It was their 1 year anniversary and everything except the saki was 15% off. I love those fried shrimp heads with the sweet shrimp. Yum.

Congratulations on the new rig. We RVMs are not interested in branding - you have a rig that doesn't have something and you don't miss it - make the journey your destination. Make your declaration and your in.

Still looking for someone to take their place as RVM39. Tell us what ya don't have and join the mutants!
RVM2
Old 06-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #1425

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Attention RVMs -- Dateline 6/23/13

Thanks Moonrover and Congratulations on your big win!!
RVM2
You're welcome! Need a nap now ... I'm spent. Using all that brain power drained me.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #1426

Quote:

Ummmm ... I have a theory on that. Like already stated, white is the base gel coat color. Gadzillions of RVs start out white. Manufacturers put on decals, colored swooping designs to make them look different as well as play into the original swoopy painted high cost Prevost conversion paint look. Now the RV manufacturers can "up" the price due to the paint jobs looking expensive, and of course make them "different" than the entry level white look.

So, now they are all different like everyone else! Swoops all over the place ... every RV looks the same now.

What if some high-end Prevost, Newell, etc rigs started coming out with single color, say ... purple metal flake ... paint? Bet the RV manufacturers would eventually offer an upscale optional single purple look.

Here's another thought before my brain turns to toast ... uhhh ...... dang, too late.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #1427

Okay, so paint is more expensive than decals or plain white, and manufacturers want the RV to look expensive--makes sense. Other than looks, is there an advantage to having paint?

And still, why that chocolate shade of brown that I see on so many?
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #1428
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Okay, so paint is more expensive than decals or plain white, and manufacturers want the RV to look expensive--makes sense. Other than looks, is there an advantage to having paint?

And still, why that chocolate shade of brown that I see on so many?
That's the trendy color today. Just like dusty rose and mint green was about 14 years ago. How about appliances or plumbing fixtures? Harvest Gold? That Robbins Egg Blue? Aqua Green? Surprised we didn't see any plaid or paisley coloured coaches a few years ago.