Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #3487

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Waiting an entire year to have our first Mass Curiosity just doesn't seem quite right. I'd like to throw out a suggestion, just to see how well it floats.

My favorite place -- so far, is Southern Utah. The landscape there is truly mutant. I was there in early May, 2012. Although the nights were chilly (GREAT campfire weather) the days only required a sweater or light windbreaker. There are several National Parks -- Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, etc. plus it is often a stopover for RVers who leave the AZ heat after wintering in the Quartsite and Yuma areas.

I propose that we consider an early May 2014 Curiosity in the Bryce Canyon area. There are several campgrounds in and near the park as well as TONS of good boondocking areas just outside the park. It is not busy until later in May.

Bryce Canyon National Park - Bryce Canyon National Park

Thoughts?
We could definitely consider such a Curiosity, Southern Utah is a beautiful place and on our way back east at that time of year!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #3488
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Howdy Herb! Have to say that for us, April / May in Bryce is almost as unforeseeable as Sept in Myrtle Beach. With a job for certain in April and May and possibly as late as November next year - it's just hard to say. Ready yes! Can we - uh maybe.

As I've said before - it's hard living in the DFW area and being so centrally located and all. My house to Bryce = 1,191 miles
Myrtle Beach = 1,159 miles

Even in my 500 miles a day youth, that would require a 2 week vacation to make the journey enjoyable. Anything less than 2 weeks and I might just have to phone my retirement in ahead of plan. I like to have my "there time" to roughly equal twice my 1 way drive time if possible. 4 drive days -- 8 there days -- 4 days return. That's pushing it for me. I like the meander. Drive 2 off 2 or 3 drive stay 2 or 3 - etc. Call me old and set in my ways, but theres too much to see along the way to just drive right by it. Can't wait to have vacation time be a thing of the past!! I'm penciling them in, but lightly.
RVM2
You really, really need to retire and get a life. You are a slave mutant to your job right now. Sheesh! We plan on going somewhere sometime around that time anyhow, so a stop along the way would not be to much of a problem. Just need to know when and where.

It is so nice being retard....errrr retired.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

We could definitely consider such a Curiosity, Southern Utah is a beautiful place and on our way back east at that time of year!
Love it. Will be there about 1st week of October if we dont change our minds. That is next month!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #3490

Where did it come from. I check them every day. How do I know when it's ripe.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #3491

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

You really, really need to retire and get a life. You are a slave mutant to your job right now. Sheesh! We plan on going somewhere sometime around that time anyhow, so a stop along the way would not be to much of a problem. Just need to know when and where.

It is so nice being retard....errrr retired.
Wayne - I greatly appreciate your wishes for me to throw off the work shackles and begin my full mutation now. I would love to do so.

I could have done better in preparing for retirement, but consider myself a lucky mutant to be planning to do so before reaching 60. Since I am 58 now I feel like I did ok to be able to retire a couple years before early SS and may even be able to put that off a few years. But the sad truth is, I can't even touch my own money now - 401k - without throwing large amounts of it into the IRS campfire.

Now there is a way. I will email you a dollar amount and the location of a drop box for you to put the money in. When I receive it, I will submit my retirement papers and meet you any time and anywhere.

I have followed a couple threads on how old folks were when they retired. I wonder about our retired mutant community. How old were you / they when they retired? Interesting question.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #3492

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Where did it come from. I check them every day. How do I know when it's ripe.

The vine will fall off the end, I'm assuming from the picture and my out of date contacts, that is a cantaloupe ! If its a mutant pod then watch for the 3rd Saturday following a full moon on a cool evening.

Check daily, deer and turtles like cantaloupe!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3493
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can eat anything I want, because:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thin.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	46415  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #3494

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Barb - I think your idea on Bryce is excellent. And I am certainly not a required attendee - although I've been told I'm like sushi - a bit fishy and an acquired taste.

It is a fact though that there are lots of miles between Dallas and Utah or SC. And they are especially interesting to us because we have not been to either. We may be able to do one, both or neither. Next year is particularly difficult to predict as we have all the getting rid of to do, the paying off of the Motorhome, the becoming SD residents, etc. When I was working my mutation escape plan, I failed to plan for vacations.

I say - mutants should shoot for Bryce, Myrtle Beach and all points in between. I need to get to work on that newsletter and try to help facilitate some curiosities myself. Don't worry about us in the meantime. We will get there - the curiosities will come - and we will be there.
Steve and Annie
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #3495

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, I've looked it up, used my mutat computation, entered from, to, age, looks, state of mind, end results= A 58 yo male leaving his desk early on a Friday could reach Ouchita State Park in 5 hr 14 min.

A official First curiosity would not be the same without our Flaggship.

You know Bonita Bounder wants to come.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #3496

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Ouchita Lake State Park near Hot Springs, Ar is a very nice place. We hosted there some this year and waiting on schedule for this year. It's my suggestion for a early curiosity, still plan on making Myrtle Beach next Sept. for those that might can make it, I'll post campsite # when confirmed. They might need to keep the mutants spread out! Steve, you'll feel at home at or state park, our second language is Texan!
Lake Catherine and Ouchita were on our list for this this month but we opted for the Texas Hill Country. I have been to Ouchita before I'm Sept - and it's great. It was a little early for fall foliage but there were some reds starting to pop. It's nice there in the spring and fall for sure.

We're getting rain here now and much needed. The heat has been backing off and it's looking like we made a good call waiting till now to head south. Should be warm enough to swim and cool enough for a campfire. Can't wait.

Do post that site number when you get it. I think it's right at 300 miles and an easy trip!!
RVM2
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #3497

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Ok, I've looked it up, used my mutat computation, entered from, to, age, looks, state of mind, end results= A 58 yo male leaving his desk early on a Friday could reach Ouchita State Park in 5 hr 14 min.

A official First curiosity would not be the same without our Flaggship.

You know Bonita Bounder wants to come.
Scientist? Actuarial? Accountant? Well done!!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #3498

Dang! I am in favor of all places and hope for the best.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3499

Okay, okay...what am I making? Come on! It isnt even hump day. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3039304415.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	532.7 KB
ID:	46416
Hint: is NOT bacon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1300797091.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	46417  
Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #3500

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Okay, okay...what am I making? Come on! It isnt even hump day.
Texas sizes fried jalapeņos.