Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #3865

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have already admitted to being frugal. I prefer boondocking out in a forest over campgrounds. Cash outlay is only half of the reason for me.

Lily, Sena's half Yorkie puppy, barks at every voice, every barking dog, every slammed door, every visible creature and Sena. Her protective instincts are in overdrive 24/7. It's exhausting trying to keep her from disturbing others. She only barks when Sena and I are in the coach.

We get a much better night's sleep away from amenities. I installed the solar panels to help make boondocking quieter and more practical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I have already admitted to being frugal. I prefer boondocking out in a forest over campgrounds. Cash outlay is only half of the reason for me.

Lily, Sena's half Yorkie puppy, barks at every voice, every barking dog, every slammed door, every visible creature and Sena. Her protective instincts are in overdrive 24/7. It's exhausting trying to keep her from disturbing others. She only barks when Sena and I are in the coach.

We get a much better night's sleep away from amenities. I installed the solar panels to help make boondocking quieter and more practical.
We like to be frugal as well, but there are times when ya just have to throw caution to the wind and enjoy some of the things ya dont really need. So with that said I know this Grand Curiosity will be something for the record books. The offerings of the pavilion and the fact that there will be plenty to occupy our time, and the fact that we will have places to sit about a fire ring and tell tales, and compare some of our journeys is what is going to make this meeting so Grand.

As far as events, perhaps we should consider a potluck or two, and mayhaps a breakfast of Grand proportions including but not limited to vast quantities of BACON !!!! I think we did keep a crock pot for just such occurrences.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #3867

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
OK, a senior moment caught me. I found the draft of the Flying Monkey Airlines and actually looked back thru 50 pages and couldn't find it. Naturally I assumed (and yes, I know assume breaks down to ass, u and me) that I hadn't sent it.

Next time I'll PM somebody to see if they remember. My only hope is that the senior moment won't happen in pairs.
Barb - there are enough mutant moments and senior mutant moments to go around. I knew I saw the Flying Monkey post / nomination but for the life of me couldn't remember if I or anyone gave it the second?!?

So motion carried. We have an official airline - Mutants don't always fly, but when they do, they always take Flying Monkey Airlines.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #3868

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Will the Grand Exhaulted Poobah and his second in command the NotsoGrand Exhausted Potentate be there to offer opening orations at this big fest? It could convince more Mutants to Muttaville (or not) if they are to be there! Us plebes need to know.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #3869

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Will the Grand Exhaulted Poobah and his second in command the NotsoGrand Exhausted Potentate be there to offer opening orations at this big fest? It could convince more Mutants to Muttaville (or not) if they are to be there! Us plebes need to know.
While I was certain our presence would have the opposite effect. At this time, both the grand and not so grand are indeed signed on for the Grande Curiosity. As for opening oratory - I suppose a word or two might be in order. Immediately following - I will become reporter at large and listen. The News must be spread. RVMs are here to stay!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #3870

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Long live the Grand Poobah and his Most Illustrious Potentate! Long Live the RVM underlings.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #3871
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! CinCHouse has spoken, we will be at the Grand Curiosity.

I feel I need to be there to keep RVM 1, 2 and 40 in check!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #3872
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
............... a breakfast of Grand proportions including but not limited to vast quantities of BACON !!!! I think we did keep a crock pot for just such occurrences.

Cheers !!!
Oh boy! A crock pot of bacon. Would that be like a "pig pickin?"
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #3873

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Excellent you are hereby added to the roster of attendees!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #3874
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm not frugal. That is why my children named the RV "The SKI Mobile." SKI=Spending Kids Inheritance.

I don't have a pot to put pea's in either. It was "peas" right, Steve?

Hmmm!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #3875

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I think I need that song to use for a theme tune in "Gracie" and please don't ask where the name came from.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #3876

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
I'm not frugal. That is why my children named the RV "The SKI Mobile." SKI=Spending Kids Inheritance.

I don't have a pot to put pea's in either. It was "peas" right, Steve?

Hmmm!
I know we had windows and that's all I'm sayin.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #3877

Quote:
OK, a senior moment caught me. I found the draft of the Flying Monkey Airlines and actually looked back thru 50 pages and couldn't find it. Naturally I assumed (and yes, I know assume breaks down to ass, u and me) that I hadn't sent it.

Next time I'll PM somebody to see if they remember. My only hope is that the senior moment won't happen in pairs.
With the DW and I, senior moments are always in pairs!

Quote:

Wile we may stop at a fancy RV site (mainly because I like pools), we really like state and federal campgrounds. No electric/sewer/water, but usually nice spaces in quiet areas. That's one reason we downsized, our old Class A didn't fit in a lot of places we found and liked.

But times are changing, our favorite site a Lake Mead is being remodeled from a sedate private area to a modern, concrete pad, area, almost all the trees have been cut down and bushes removed. We checked it last Friday, don't like.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #3878

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Ah! CinCHouse has spoken, we will be at the Grand Curiosity.

I feel I need to be there to keep RVM 1, 2 and 40 in check!
And who, other than the dear, much overworked (scrubbing the coach roof, really?) under appreciated Earline is charged with the task of seeing that RVM14 toes the line???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote