Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #4383

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Steve glad you and Annie made it back safely. Listen to the advice on the ankle cause it works.

Dogpatch are you flat towing your F150? Ford told me I couldn't or it would destroy the tranny. Mine is an automatic.
We flat tow our 2012 f150 also. Was first year Ford came out with that option on 4x4.
RVM2. Glad you are back safe n sound and sorry rou had to park Bonita in a bad neighborhood. I can't get my cruise to work like an auto-pilot either. Maybe Dunner can ponder up a solution for us?
Stuck at PNC park for 2 days then off to Beantown. Like others said, one day closer to retirement.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #4384
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
With thinking like that, Wayne has to be right 50% of the time.
And the other 50% I know I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Or it could be half full, or half empty, depending on you perspective on life.
Let's see, my math, 50% water + 50 air = 100% full. I don't think a perspective on math is needed. Now how could this be conscrued to be anything other than 100% full I must be missing some mutant item.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #4385
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh oh! Last evening at the rally I bid on an item. Guess what? I know own a set of rope lights. Oh! What to do!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #4386
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,
Very happy to hear that you made your round trip without incident, except for the first fall of the fall.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #4387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Oh oh! Last evening at the rally I bid on an item. Guess what? I know own a set of rope lights. Oh! What to do!

!!!!! Wayne !!!!

Now what are you going to do ? Maybe you can regift them at Christmas or something. Holy Cats this is going to be a conundrum for you for sure. Hasnt your wife ever told you to keep your hand down and dont scratch your nose at an auction ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #4388
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
!!!!! Wayne !!!!

Now what are you going to do ? Maybe you can regift them at Christmas or something. Holy Cats this is going to be a conundrum for you for sure. Hasnt your wife ever told you to keep your hand down and dont scratch your nose at an auction ?

Cheers !!!
Ha ha! We had one person scratch his nose with his "number" and he bought the item.

Well, I might just try the lights and see what happens. I never missed them before and if the burn out real quick I doubt if I would ever miss them again. This was a sealed auction. You did not know what you were buying until you opened the wrapped item. (It's not my fault!!)
Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #4389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Consolation door prize at the Grand Curiosity?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #4390

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Consolation door prize at the Grand Curiosity?
Hey Dave !!

I hope you are in great mutation fashion today, and I hope you are doing well also, your time at the folk music festival reminded me of us when we first left the S&B, we set up at the local county fairgrounds and lo and behold the first weekend there we were automatically signed up for the 42nd blue grass festival in Charlotte, we had 3 days of pickin and grinnin, it was a lot of fun especially since a lot of the pickers and grinners were parked next to and all around us, a fun time was had by all. As far as a door prize ... ... ermmmmm maybe I'll go for a Jeep ride at that particular moment of excitement.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #4391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Dave !! I hope you are in great mutation fashion today, and I hope you are doing well also, your time at the folk music festival reminded me of us when we first left the S&B, we set up at the local county fairgrounds and lo and behold the first weekend there we were automatically signed up for the 42nd blue grass festival in Charlotte, we had 3 days of pickin and grinnin, it was a lot of fun especially since a lot of the pickers and grinners were parked next to and all around us, a fun time was had by all. As far as a door prize ... ... ermmmmm maybe I'll go for a Jeep ride at that particular moment of excitement. Cheers !!!
I would try to win the rope lights so I could donate them somewhere.

Or trade for bacon!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #4392

Possum,

Thanks for the video! I like most anything to do with trains. I currently volunteer at the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City. As well as being a Tour Guide, I operate both our 1926 Edwards Motorcar (Motorcar= Self-propelled Passenger Car) and the only operating McKeen Motorcar(1910). My Screen Name indicates that although I am not a qualified Steam Engineer I have driven the museum's 1875 wood-burning locomotive, the Inyo several times. It is out each year for the 4th of July weekend.

All you RVMs are invited to PM me for a tour whenever you are in town.

I'd love to join the RVMs but one implied requirement is that I have an RV. We sold our 5er and there now is little likelyhood that we'll be able to return to the road.

I'll still keep reading this forum.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #4393

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Russ,

I think you qualify if you don't got one but miss it.

Thanks for the invite I will be sure to PM you whenever we get there.

When I was a teen I fired the consolidation that runs at the Grand Canyon Railroad. It was part of the Marquette and Huron Mountain Railway which ran out of Presque Isle Park (http://www.mqtcty.org/parks_presque_isle.html) close to Marquette MI, way back when.

BTW your welcome.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #4394

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ X2 Possum
Inyo Driver is hereby an honorary mutant. One never knows when circumstances may change and the mutation to full RVM status may emerge.

Keep us apprized of train happenings in your area. Many mutants love trains and of course bacon. Stop by the rainbow anytime.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #4395

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Ha ha! We had one person scratch his nose with his "number" and he bought the item.

Well, I might just try the lights and see what happens. I never missed them before and if the burn out real quick I doubt if I would ever miss them again. This was a sealed auction. You did not know what you were buying until you opened the wrapped item. (It's not my fault!!)
Hey Wayne - always suspected you were a closet roppie. Saw your Tx Boomer post of 12 for lunch today in Johnson City. When we passed through there a few days back Ronnies Pit BBQ had a full parking lot.

Ok winery mutants - I could not count the number of wineries between Johnson City and Fredericksburg Texas. The general area has many and even a bus tour (saw the bus but have no details). The restaurants we visited all feature Texas wines. Something to file away under things to do!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #4396

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
We are just southeast of North Bay, about 5 minutes to Hwy 17, our township is on the north border of Algonquin Park.
Close enough. It would be more convincing if it were the north side
Quote:
We can get to a fantastic unserviced lakeside Algonquin campground on backroads in about 45 min.
Near Trout Creek?
Quote:
Since we came up from Toronto, all our "southern" friends think we are somewhere up around Hudson's Bay.
Yuppers, all those who live in the Center of The Universe are not really cognizant with geographic normality.

Anything north of Steeles Avenue West is way out in the wilderness.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote