Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #4607

Fleetwood Owners Club
This reminds me of when my kids were young. Planning a vacation in the winter always included keeping close reigns on my boys so they didn't come down with the flu or worse.

Listen up mutants, take care of yourselfs. The healing power of the Hot Springs is limited. Think healthy Ommmmmmmmmmm ommmmmmmmm ommmmmmm
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #4608

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

Is it a full moon?
Nope.... not yet! Perhaps October's full moon will reverse the tragic trend we are seeing.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #4609

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Good Afternoon:

It seams like if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all, but the good Lord is watching over us.

Back in June we lost our genny, just west of San Antonio, on the way to Los Angles. $4400.00 and two weeks later we had a "new" used genny and no money so we had a change of plans but we had a ball as the journey was our destination, we really regretted not getting to meet Okmonkey but Seattle was entirely out of the question now as funds became sevearly (sp) limited. It took us four weeks to come home, after all it was 1675 miles and we had lots to see and do. One day was really taxing as I had to drive 115 miles. Our son, who called us every night, kept telling us we were never going to get home and our answer was SO?

Aug 3, Stephanie stepped off a curb, fell, and hit her head on the sidewalk. Two brain surgeries later we were in a ICU, then long range acute care, skilled nursing facility, and we came home yesterday. The home health care people will be here tomorrow to do an evaluation as to what we can expect. We're not walking right now but we've had that problem before and overcame it.

We're already talking about our next trip - possibly Oktoberfest in Galveston on Oct 24-26. If she can get up and down the five steps to the MH I can do the rest with the wheelchair. If all goes well, we're going to go to Wurstfest in New Braunfells Tx. the first week of Nov. We haven't missed one in eleven years. We don't drink and she can't dance but we sure like the music.

Hot Springs sounds like a good idea - we're going to try and be there.
Wishing a speedy recovery.

We fully know the health issues.
Finding good home health care providers make a world of difference.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you-all.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #4610

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Is it a full moon?
Very close.

Per the Old Farmer's Almanac
October 18th Full Hunter's Moon 7:38 pm
Old 10-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #4611

RVMdom deserves a break.
If a full moon will do it, I am all for it.

There has been enough turmoil on the Rainbow, me thinks. I wish healing and good luck to you all.

Perhaps the healing will go faster with good thoughts, like....

ONWARD TO HOT SPRINGS!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #4612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Very close.

Per the Old Farmer's Almanac
October 18th Full Hunter's Moon 7:38 pm
That will be a good night to take the camera outside and try to get some good night shots, I almost, almost ... wish I was back in MI getting ready for deer season, I mean bow season is open right now but you also spend this time getting ready for firearms season as well, starting Nov. 15th, its almost a dedicated holiday in MI, and a hunters moon means its bright enough to hunt by, you can never have to many of those, although it is illegal, to shoot after dark, but at least if you arent freezing you can see if what you are stalking is out there.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #4613

Tiffin Owners Club
Good afternoon:

Gumbo isn't hard to make, all you need is a coona_s and a big pot. He or she will know exactly what to do. I'm bringing some sausage, Kary's Roux, two bowls and a good appetite. My pot is only a 4 gal and I'm pretty sure it's not big enough. Stephanie (DW), says that I also need to bring some okra (ugh - throw up). When I make it, I just cook the okra on the side and let everybody add it to their bowl to suite their taste. We will need some chicken, onions, celery, and of course RICE.

I got my slurppin' spoon and I'm ready!!!!
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #4614

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm with you on slimy okra Bob. Fried okra maybe, boiled or stewed is a gagfest for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #4615

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
I'm with you on slimy okra Bob. Fried okra maybe, boiled or stewed is a gagfest for me.
Jambalaya - crawfish pie me oh my oh.

Annie has recently become quite good at her very own fresh green beans with turnips carrots and such. Of course we will have to see what's in season and readily available in Hot Springs at the time. These days ya can get about anything at any time - but should you?

I know we have a shellfish issue - but I make an awesome crawfish macaroni and cheese. Can make a batch w/o tails too. We are roiling toward a bayou time in the lake! Can't wait.

Barb - I hope you're healing nicely and was sorry to hear of your spill. You may have said this before - but you need to video your outings. I know it hurts, but ya have a way with words that is priceless.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #4616

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Steve !!!!,

Yeah yeah yeah, bring the beads and the Hurricane glasses, do we have anyone that used to be a bartender that has a recipe to make Hurricanes, and sadly to say yeah we can make Gumbo, sure but we will have to make a batch with no shell fish in it as well, seems over the years I have found myself allergic to those little shelled creatures and sadly yes that includes lobster and crab as well, but on the bright side we can find some andouille sausage and grill em and whooo hooooo we will be a mardi gras bunch of mutating mutants for sure.

Cheers !!!
DW became allergic to shellfish too after our youngest was born.
No bartender here, but I have been known to stand on a balcony or 2 tossing beads to a crowd below.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #4617

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
DW became allergic to shellfish too after our youngest was born.
No bartender here, but I have been known to stand on a balcony or 2 tossing beads to a crowd below.
Hi Chuck,

I was reading the posts to Marcia, and she got this strange look on her face and asked what does a midwest city girl take to a bayou cookoff ? I told her that I didnt really know, but I'm sure once we get there we can figure something out, ermmm about okra, if its fried its pretty good, and Marcia likes okra, I have always been of the opinion its better on the side unless its fried. Granted its not the healthiest way to eat it but it is the most palatable way to enjoy it, and ermmm well thats just my opinion. I am quite sure we will not go hungry in Arkansas.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #4618

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I bet I have 10 lbs of Mardi Gras dabloons to pass around too. We even have some table table top center pieces.

I have used a Hurricane mix and added fruit juices to it to make a Grande Flavored concoction of light and dark rums. Yumm!

Don't forget - Mardi Gras masks! You can find them many places and online.

It's going to a be a grand ole curiosity for Mutants only - but I fear once word gets out the town of Hot Springs may crash our party. Can ya have too much fun?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I bet I have 10 lbs of Mardi Gras dabloons to pass around too. We even have some table table top center pieces. I have used a Hurricane mix and added fruit juices to it to make a Grande Flavored concoction of light and dark rums. Yumm! Don't forget - Mardi Gras masks! You can find them many places and online. It's going to a be a grand ole curiosity for Mutants only - but I fear once word gets out the town of Hot Springs may crash our party. Can ya have too much fun?
Uh-oh!
Mutated Hurricanes at a Mutant Mardi Gras and Masked Mutants sipping Rum Yum from Mason Jars and trading dabloons?
Okay.

BTW, fried okra on the side is good for adding to the gumbo or jumbaliah or crawfish ettoufet.
And then there is red beans and rice!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #4620

Anybody in Northern AZ beware. A lot of stations have received tainted gas.

Don't know what it's tainted with, but it causes rough idle and low power

okmunky, we in the high power wheel sport call them wheelie bars.

I let Sadie take me for a walk this morning. (Can't say it too loud or she rattles the door and spins to the right.) Always to the right. Does that mean she is also mutated?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote