Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #4915

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I love this idea! We could blanket the country with little plastic monkeys if we tried! Add our initials to each one as we leave it...or geocache them...or add cryptic messages.... The mind thickens!
I placed one on a coffee pot handle at a local Cracker Barrel. It hung there for months and at some point was moved to hang on the deer antler above the fireplace.

Not sure your route home from Elkhart wben your repairs are completed, but you are getting close to our homefront.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #4916

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
....clip....
Unfortunately, I forgot that I had removed the chair's anti-tippers. About 100 feet up the chair flipped backwards. I did a not so graceful rear somersault out the back, clunking my head on the asphalt and spraining (I hope) my back.

I managed to upright the chair and drive to my host's house for some first aid. The goose egg on my head is accompanied by a weeping laceration. No sign of a concussion and an ice pack,Tylenol and my daily pain meds are providing relief.

My back is considerably more painful, but only when I try to twist. It gives me a stupidity reminding zing.

Wow, what a day!
Oh Glory!!! So sorry to hear about your spill! It seems to be one thing and then another! It's been several days since you posted that, so I'm wondering how you are now. No concush? Back improving?

All the very best!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #4917

Quote:
...in (Elkhart) Indiana!" Back to the Thor plant for (more!) warranty work. And a little (hah!) touchup paint work, where the mailbox at home jumped out and grabbed us first trip in to our own lane last July. Plus a little paintwork where the Thor crew damaged it in trying to fix the kitchen slide last time.

Still playing catchup, back at page 320. Time to do lots of reading whilst we wait out Sunday evening for the crews to get here in the morning. Early morning. Mmmmph.

Cheers!
Sue #36
Hey Sue,

If you want a really good homestyle breakfast go to the Cockadoodle Cafe, its right on the main drag there in Elkhart ......

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #4918

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I placed one on a coffee pot handle at a local Cracker Barrel. It hung there for months and at some point was moved to hang on the deer antler above the fireplace.

Not sure your route home from Elkhart wben your repairs are completed, but you are getting close to our homefront.

Hi Ed,

That is a fantastic story of your little blue barrel of monkeys, monkey. I guess Marcia and I will be buying a couple of barrels worth, it really is a fun idea. We had a set but left them in Michigan with my grand daughter, she just loved to play with them. And leaving them as a geocache, is another great idea, and I like the idea of monkey approved business's as well. We will have to be careful at the GC @ CL you just never know what will happen when a bunch of mutants get together.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #4919

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I love this idea! We could blanket the country with little plastic monkeys if we tried! Add our initials to each one as we leave it...or geocache them...or add cryptic messages.... The mind thickens!

Cheers!
Sue #36
Sue, maybe we could just put "Left for you by Mutant #___ enjoy" We insert our mutant number and let them try to figure out what's going on and who the mutants are.

Remember the Astronauts story about "Are you a turtle?"
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #4920

Hey Steve & Annie, Dave & Deb,

We of course expect to see photo documentation of your mini-curiosity here in the pages of our thread. Ya know documentation is everything, besides, I want to know what y'all fixed ...

Cheers !!!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #4921

Quote:
...in (Elkhart) Indiana!" Back to the Thor plant for (more!) warranty work. And a little (hah!) touchup paint work, where the mailbox at home jumped out and grabbed us first trip in to our own lane last July. Plus a little paintwork where the Thor crew damaged it in trying to fix the kitchen slide last time. Still playing catchup, back at page 320. Time to do lots of reading whilst we wait out Sunday evening for the crews to get here in the morning. Early morning. Mmmmph. Cheers! Sue #36
Hey Sue.

If you have not yet taken the Heritage Trail Tour, we highly recommend it.

Yoders popcorn rocks!

And the Annie Oakley Perfumery. The ONLY perfumery in the USA.

http://www.annieoakley.com/perfume-factory-tours.aspx

And if you see a Thor tech named Josh, please say howdy for me? He did us some mighty fine work while we were there in may!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #4922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sue, maybe we could just put "Left for you by Mutant #___ enjoy" We insert our mutant number and let them try to figure out what's going on and who the mutants are.

Remember the Astronauts story about "Are you a turtle?"
Hey Dennis,

I was so intrigued by the "Are you a Turtle" clue I had to Google it. So if we asked "Are you a mutant", and you respond "you bet your sweet ### I am", Wouldnt that raise a brow or two, but if you answered wrong you could get a free drink, or not, I suppose it would depend on the person you asked, they probably wouldnt get it at all .
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #4923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
[COLOR="Red"][B]....clip....

I let Sadie take me for a walk this morning. (Can't say it too loud or she rattles the door and spins to the right.) Always to the right. Does that mean she is also mutated?
Absolutely, Sadie is mutated! How wonderful: our first actual mutated mascot. Sena's throne is unassailable, but we must have a first chair for the mutated mascot, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well it's apparent the masses don't know good okra. Looks like Teffy (Stefanie) and I can enjoy all the steamed okra to ourselves. ....
Oh, no you don't!!! You and Teffy and I have to share! It ain't gumbo without okra, ya know! And gumbo is right up there with etouffe and dirty rice and, and, and, and....I'm speechless! And Hongry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Dave !!!

Guess what Marcia and I found in the coach...... Mardi Gras Masks !!!! stashed away for who knows what, we will become masked mutants and hide inbetween the rest of ya's ....ya'll gonna have to educate me on this ettoufet stuff.

Cheers !!!
Well, Jeep, here's your edication on ettouffe: pick up spoon, insert spoon in subject matter and fill it, remove spoon and contents from bowl, insert said items in mouth, remove spoon. Masticate, swallow, smile. Repeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hmmm... Still digging in tubs - but here's 2 bags of 10 dozen Mardi Gras beads and 2 cases of 24 brand spanking new Hurricane glasses. Gonna need some ice methinks.
RVM2
Bringin' me own beads, but got no glasses. So glad we can help you move out some of the things you don't need and won't miss. Need me some edication on the phenom of the Hurricane. Not too much, now, or y'all will be carrying me back to the Bella!

Okay, caught up a teensy bit, and reeeeallly ready for this April shindig. Will help any way I can, btw....

Cheers!
Sue #36
Old 10-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #4924

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131020_223115.png
Views:	113
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	48249

OK starting from bottom right counterclockwise
Steve, Annie, Deb, Dave...
A good time was had by all at Uncle Julio's.

This was a real meeting of like mutant-minds
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well, today I mutated into my last birthday. LOL From here on out I will celebrate this day as the anniversary of my 59th birthday.
Missed it! Happy, happy, etc.! (You scared me at first, you devil. I misinterpreted! "Last birthday", indeed!)

We're still celebrating the annual Last Day at Work day with a meal at Mickey D's. Every March 31. 'Cuz that's where we went for supper on the original day. Ah, tradition!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #4926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Attachment 48249

OK starting from bottom right counterclockwise
Steve, Annie, Deb, Dave...
A good time was had by all at Uncle Julio's.

This was a real meeting of like mutant-minds
Hello From Sunny Arizona,

Y'all took a great photo, and now we have faces to go with the names, Dave where are you going to be in AZ ?.... Steve hopefully we can meet up with you and Annie when we get to Frisco. I think it would be fun to roll in with a bunch of us all in a row.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #4927

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Goat heads.

Stickers a bit smaller than pencil erasers that impale themselves on the soles of your shoes. And stick in the carpet.

Attachment 47828

I know that you wish you had them too.
Named for their appearance, these ... amazing, for lack of a more colorful word ... seedpods also have the same appearance as an ancient weapon of war. The Romans, I believe, used small iron caltrops in this shape to strew in front of an approaching army. Their shape meant that no matter how they fell, one sturdy point was always straight up, making them easy to deploy and laming horses and men alike.

Also called Puncturevine. Wonder why.

Cheers!
Sue #36
Old 10-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #4928

Quote:
Named for their appearance, these ... amazing, for lack of a more colorful word ... seedpods also have the same appearance as an ancient weapon of war. The Romans, I believe, used small iron caltrops in this shape to strew in front of an approaching army. Their shape meant that no matter how they fell, one sturdy point was always straight up, making them easy to deploy and laming horses and men alike.

Also called Puncturevine. Wonder why.

Cheers!
Sue #36
Sue !!!

Puncturevine indeed !!!! I found out just how much when the dang things went clear through my sock barrier and stuck themselves right into the bottom of my foot. It was, I repeat it was not fun.

Cheers !!!