Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #5041
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So Don, are you ROAD yet? (ROAD = Retired On Active Duty)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #5042

Vintage RV Owners Club
Been trying to catch up on the group by reading the old posts. Spent several hours last night and got all the way to July! Ok I skipped a few pages but how's counting. What I didn't see I won't miss! As I read I pondered about just how long it might take for the mutants to rule the world. I think that the mutant population has been the silent majority long enough and it is time to make our move! Or maybe I just need to have another cup of coffee and wait for this feeling of superiority pass! Don't worry, the meds will kick in soon and all will be good again! Good Morning fellow mutants!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #5043

Vintage RV Owners Club
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for mis-spellings or using the wrong words until after 11:27am EST. Coffee and meds kick in about then......
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #5044

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Welcome aboard, Mark, aka Campingman!

You have met all of the requirements and are officially awarded the handle of RVM54 with all rights and privileges herein bestowed. You are free to move about RVMdom with impunity, and to provide profound ponderances as you go!

Welcome to the Rainbow!

Dave and Nola
RVM1

PS: there will be a Grand Curiosity of RVMs in April at Hot Springs, AR. Let us know if you need details.
Thank you...... Thank you very much......
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #5045

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I owe, I owe...off to work I go.
Work. Hmmmm. Let me ponder that a bit....
Nope. Not registering. Maybe a spell in the hot tub will bring it out.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #5046

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Bob & Joan,

I am quite positive, or at least sure that you will fit right in with this eclectic group of mutants, but I have to ask you, do you like BACON and do you have BACON recipes and can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time, and do you ever have ponderances that just need to be pondered by a fellow group of ponderers?
Welcome to the group to you.

Cheers !!!
Yes we love bacon in almost every way. Had some deep fried on a stick and was not impressed. Not the bacons fault though, not quite crispy enough for me! Don't believe in recipes, bacon goes well in anything! As for patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time, now that is a much lengthier subject. Suffice it to say only on Thursdays and only to the left. Still pondering on why that is. Pondering is one of my favorite pastimes so having a whole group pondering at the same time is......well....much better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #5047
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sigh!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #5048

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
So Don, are you ROAD yet? (ROAD = Retired On Active Duty)
Almost ROAD KILL! Handed my paperwork in yesterday. FIGMO is next!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #5049

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
It isn't often that the RVM Membership Committee is impressed enough with an application to send a PM requesting the missing bits of information. I was already familar with BobJoanFLA by reading and viewing the many pics of the mods they have done on their '86 Bounder. As a Bounder owner myself, I am always looking to read and review the what other Bounder owners are doing. Bob and Joan have dug into their RV Machine with a vengence. I especially like the use of a white "wrought iron" bed frame in the bedroom. If you mutants have any doubt as to what a mutant might do to make the machine "right" take a look at the Mods thread. These two have been busy.

Now if they can break away long enough to tell us they don't have dishwasher, electric dump valves, or whatever, and don't miss it, we can get on with issuing them RVM Number 53!! As Marty said woot woot... and hoot to boot.

Come on Bob and Joan.... the mutants are waiting.
RVM2
Just to clarify, we did not need the wrought iron bedposts, we just wanted them! Being frugal(okay poor) we shop mainly what we refer to as junk stores. Paid $20 for the bed posts! The whole remodel/repair cost less than $400 and that includes the 8 feet of roof/ceiling we replaced. Now moving on to the kitchen area just as soon as the checkbook recovers! Will post more pics when available.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #5050

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Reminder to all mutants, old and new.
The First Issue of RVM News is posted at our RVM user group.

If you PM okmunky with your name, email address and RVM Number - she will set up with access. You can the email - via the RVM2RVM usergroup - see a couple if photos and if you hunt around a bit - find a copy of the Newsletter. Which reminds me - I have work to do!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #5051

Hello and Good Morning to one and all,

To those of you who are guests of this thread right now, go back to the first pages and read about how it is we became, and if there are things you dont have and dont miss and if your journey is the destination, you may well be mutants too. So jump on in and test the waters, and I think you will find the BACON crisp and the ponderances many.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #5052

Newmar Owners Club
WOW! 8 pages to ketchup on over the last few days while NOT setting in the hot tub (Mutant for I still have a job. Is that good or bad, let me ponder). Congrats and welcome to the newly joined Mutants.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #5053

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
WOW! 8 pages to ketchup on over the last few days while NOT setting in the hot tub (Mutant for I still have a job. Is that good or bad, let me ponder). Congrats and welcome to the newly joined Mutants.
To expand on your ponder... if you have an job and would miss it, then yes it is a good thing to have. If you have no job and need one, that is not so good me thinks. Only until you can honestly say, I have no job and don't miss it, is it a good thing not to have one. When I can motor away on down the rainbow and not miss it, my job will be in the review mirror - forever out of sight and out of mind. Plan you work. Work you plan. Make your escape as soon as you can. The RVMdom and rainbow await us - along with an ever growing number of RVMs to have many mini-curousities and some Grande Curiosities as well!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #5054

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
Just to clarify, we did not need the wrought iron bedposts, we just wanted them! Being frugal(okay poor) we shop mainly what we refer to as junk stores. Paid $20 for the bed posts! The whole remodel/repair cost less than $400 and that includes the 8 feet of roof/ceiling we replaced. Now moving on to the kitchen area just as soon as the checkbook recovers! Will post more pics when available.
Bob:

I sure hope you are coming to JC in Hot Springs because I can't wait to see your MH. I've got an older 86 Allegro that a friend would like to buy but both he and I are dubious about doing the ceiling and if we pay someone to do it, that would mess up the transaction. Too high a cost for me for the selling price and too much for him for a purchase price.

Would you like to be a "Winter Texan" on a 15' X 50' slab and work a trade?
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote