Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #5139
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Neighbor had a 2-foot rattler under their rig about an hour after dark. It scurried off. Will be just that slight bit more vigilant, here in the Sonora Desert.

That is to say......EEEEEK!!!
Shoulda called me! Ida brought my red bucket!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #5140

Fleetwood Owners Club
Virginiamtns it's sounding like your certainly mutant material. Hang tight, the great Pootantate and over all keeper of the numbers will be along soon. No doubt he is currently running background checks, arrest records, planet of origin papers and using the master mutant computer and will determine the final outcome. Let me be the first to say welcome to the rainbow, I have all the confidence your application will pass.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #5141

Flaggship1. Thanks for the kind thoughts. We're prepping the boat for the Boat Show here in Ft Myers in mid Nov. Have had several inquires and many hits on our blog site about our 10 years aboard. We are hopeful that with all the traffic at the marina during the show we will find the right buyer. Keeping our fingers crossed. Would live to make the CL Grand Curiosity!!
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #5142

PTJeep. Very sorry for your loss. Remember the good times, and always keep him in your heart!
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #5143

Re: wild capuchins

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
You'll have an even better idea once you go through the buffet line or show up 20 minutes after it opens. At least that's what my aunt told me.
ROFL!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #5144

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Wouldn't you want to be a mutant, too?

Is it too late to become a member? I'm a mutant - we have an entry level, no keyless entry, no solar panel, no air horn (darn it), gasser short MH without full body paint - and we love it! No additional stuff required. In fact, when we transitioned from TT to MH this year we jettisoned an embarrassingly large collection of stuff that we really just don't need. I feel like I could hold a yard sale of just RVing junk...I mean treasures. Downsizing is our motto now - as soon as the grandkids move out we are selling the house and going tiny. Just need enough room for us and the critters.
Welcome to RVMdom, virginiamtns, you are RVM55!!!!! You are now free to move about the Rainbow, and to continually enjoy your destination: the Journey.

The Menagerie of RV Mutants has risen to 55 in the 6 short months since RVMdom began. My pride continues to grow in this fine, eclectic collection of diversity and honest comaradirie.

Again, welcome!
Dave and Nola RVM1

PS: FYI, there will be a Grand Curiosity in Hot Springs AR in April.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #5145

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Wouldn't you want to be a mutant, too?

Is it too late to become a member? I'm a mutant - we have an entry level, no keyless entry, no solar panel, no air horn (darn it), gasser short MH without full body paint - and we love it! No additional stuff required. In fact, when we transitioned from TT to MH this year we jettisoned an embarrassingly large collection of stuff that we really just don't need. I feel like I could hold a yard sale of just RVing junk...I mean treasures. Downsizing is our motto now - as soon as the grandkids move out we are selling the house and going tiny. Just need enough room for us and the critters.
On Edit - I see RVM1 beat me to the puch. At least we both assigned same the number...

Virginiamtns - welcome to the RVMdom. Your place on the rainbow has been secured based on your excellent application. It is clear that the journey is your destination and what you don't have, you don't miss and are working to not miss even more! You are offically awarded RVM55 - the double nickle. All rights and privilidges are hereby conferred.

It's always nice when a new iRV2 member makes joing the RVMs one of their early posts. It shows initiative and a sense of adventure, daring, and well just plain old good judgement. Keep in mind the Grande Curisosity coming up in April 2014 - and if you can make it - or need info on it you can track it down in a thread search or PM Herb and Barb or myself.

I recently read your intro to iRV2 and was wondering if you have traveled with all 8 parrots?

We look forward to your ponders and contributions to our little group of mutants.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #5146

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE I recently read your intro to iRV2 and was wondering if you have traveled with all 8 parrots?
[/QUOTE]

Not all at once! We have five that like traveling and three that don't. Well, two that don't and one doesn't trust hands, so we don't pick her up. She's a very large macaw and would happily remove digits if we tried.

The remaining gang of five love camping. We only bring one at a time - they are messy little creatures, and we never take dogs and birds on the same trip. Their favorite camping activity (and mine) is being outside during a warm summer shower. They play outside (in their cage), singing and preening and usually drawing a crowd. The Eclectus are known to be a talkative but not terribly loud species. If we didn't take them outside you wouldn't know they were there. Their other favorite activity is hiking. I have a special back/front pack called a Pak-O-Bird that they ride in.

I always thought I was a dog person, and then I got a bird...and another...and another...and now we have eight permanent residents. Several were considered unadoptable due to behavior issues, and several came from horrific abuse and neglect. We've fostered many parrots over the years, and found great homes for them. Our parrots will likely outlive us, as they can live as long as 80 years. We have plans in place for all of them when we pass over the rainbow.

Probably more information than you wanted, but I sure do love these crazy feathered critters. Any pet that can carry on a conversation is always entertaining.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #5147

Vintage RV Owners Club
Virginiamtns; Welcome to the greatest mutant thread on the world wide web!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #5148

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good morning my mutant friends, not to change the subject, but I'm going to do so. Just two weeks ago today my father was in an auto accident. He passed away this morning at 8am est. I want to thank you all for your support these last two weeks.

Our thoughts and prayers go you to you and your family.

Though it has been many years since we have lost our parents,
the memories and the emotions are still close to the surface.
We understand all you are feeling.

Take care and remember the happy times.

Ken&Kathy
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Try this one out for size

Attachment 48432
nice where is he at?

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #5150

PTjeep sorry for your loss we are all here for you. so if you need to talk or just a cyber hug let us know.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #5151

Quote:
[QUOTE I recently read your intro to iRV2 and was wondering if you have traveled with all 8 parrots?
Welcome to the madness! Glad to have you aboard and look forward to your sharing of wit & wisdom.

..... They play outside (in their cage), singing and preening and usually drawing a crowd. .... Their other favorite activity is hiking. I have a special back/front pack called a Pak-O-Bird that they ride in.

In China they "take the bird for a walk", meaning the canary rides along in its cage. Shop owners hang the cage outside their shop door, weather permitting.

....Our parrots will likely outlive us, as they can live as long as 80 years. We have plans in place for all of them when we pass over the rainbow.

Probably more information than you wanted, but I sure do love these crazy feathered critters. Any pet that can carry on a conversation is always entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Good on ya for planning ahead for the birds. Many do not think to do that, or relegate the birds to the garage when their conversation becomes annoying.

Not too much info! Mutants are curious folk & need to know stuff. Technical term, stuff.

Again: welcome to the rainbow!

Cheers!
Sue #36
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #5152

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for the welcome and the number! I usually wore #54, but I guess I was slow on the draw! RVM55!

I have a problem - I may not be mutant material after all. I confess that I am a vegetarian. I do know people that eat bacon, though.

Maybe I can overcome that obstacle with my first ponderance. Yesterday I remarked to one of my employees that I really wish I was back in my MH and not at work. She asked "Where would you go?" I replied "It doesn't matter - point in a direction and that's where I'd go." She asked "Where would you stay?" I said "In my MH, of course!" Then I told her about the rule of threes - 300 miles, set up by 3:00, 3 day stay. Our favorite trips are wandering about.

Does that bring me back into good standing?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote