Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #5881

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
tanstaafl, aka Mark, now aka RVM57.
Welcome to RVMdom, you wonderful, sick, twisted Mutant!
Hey, I resemble that remark!
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #5882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
OK, all this talk of "Q" s making me want some brisket. I love to cook, but barbeque is not my thing. Anyone know a good barbeque in Tucson? They have a zillion restaurants, but it seems dominated by Mexican cuisine. On another subject, I've missed so much South park this season because of traveling. Cartman was particularly evil last night!
I googled barbeque tucson.

Billy Bryants and Brushfire would be my targets for noon drive-bys
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #5883

welcome to all the new mutant's

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #5884

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pondering the feeling and smells associated with cleaning out the Honey and getting her ready for her long winter's nap. Was a bit nostalgic...I spent a good deal of time wondering why do I pack so much into such a small rv? Why don't I use everything I pack? How many trips will it take until I hit the perfect blend of just enough? So far...been on 6-7 short trips and one longer 2 week one. Every time I pare back in an area but I'm still packing out too much at end of season. Sigh....
Old 11-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #5885

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
Pondering the feeling and smells associated with cleaning out the Honey and getting her ready for her long winter's nap. Was a bit nostalgic...I spent a good deal of time wondering why do I pack so much into such a small rv? Why don't I use everything I pack? How many trips will it take until I hit the perfect blend of just enough? So far...been on 6-7 short trips and one longer 2 week one. Every time I pare back in an area but I'm still packing out too much at end of season. Sigh....
Hi Marty - any update on the roof project before putting Homey to sleep for the winter?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #5886

Vintage RV Owners Club
She is sitting out back with a tarp over her...got to the solvents trying stage and stalled...mostly due to cold weather...figure it would work better in spring. That...and the ladder is being used for Apple picking currently. Think I'm going to need to wave a little money in front of sonny to see if he'll do it for me...
Old 11-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #5887

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
She is sitting out back with a tarp over her...got to the solvents trying stage and stalled...mostly due to cold weather...figure it would work better in spring. That...and the ladder is being used for Apple picking currently. Think I'm going to need to wave a little money in front of sonny to see if he'll do it for me...
Good thinking! Money works magic. Too bad an army of mutants can't descend from the rainbow to lend a had. I bet some would work for hookups and apples - pies - butter - sauce - etc... just not enough mutants in Kansas I guess. That's almost a double shameless promotion.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #5888
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sorry for the many multi-quote (not the replies) as I was gone just a few hours and had to catch up reading.

Quote:
Got me there.
In MN we had cookouts. It covered a lot of variables.

But Wayne surely knows. ;-)
That's so funny. Earlene always says I know it all! (Or was that a know it all. Oh well.)

Quote:
Plural. Tracks.
Follow to rainbow.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Follow smell of Q

Attachment 49383
Dang! Look at how fast you learn the language. I don't care what Steve says about you in emails, I think you are alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Hmmm... I was thinking Star Trek... the fellow named Q or who was a part of the Q contingency.
There has to be one in every crowd!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
OK, all this talk of "Q" s making me want some brisket. I love to cook, but barbeque is not my thing.

Anyone know a good barbeque in Tucson? They have a zillion restaurants, but it seems dominated by Mexican cuisine.......!
Please, give me a break. Arizona doesn't even know what Mexican food is. All they can serve in their tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. is POT ROAST. They have never heard of skirt steak, the real fajita meat, or even a good ground beef (hamburger) is better than what they serve.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #5889

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Barb, I am still in the pondering stage of where, how to get a dishwasher installed, but thanks for the tip about Fisher Paykel. I will definitely check that one out!
We have winterized Infinity. Blown out the lines, pumped pink stuff into the pump and dumped the p-traps full of pink stuff.
Sadly, wishing we could go off for a weekend or even a week or so, now. Isn't that just how it is? We really want to go, but do we really want to go through all the routine of winterizing again? NO!! Not yet. And the nights have been in the 20's here already, so it is definitely needed to have it frost-proofed.
C'mon Springtime!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #5890
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
HerbnBarb,

Forgot to mention that we went back to The Fish Place and had some good stuffed Jalaps and catfish.

Funny, it was not nearly as expensive as when I took you two!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #5891

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Barb, I am still in the pondering stage of where, how to get a dishwasher installed, but thanks for the tip about Fisher Paykel. I will definitely check that one out!
We have winterized Infinity. Blown out the lines, pumped pink stuff into the pump and dumped the p-traps full of pink stuff.
Sadly, wishing we could go off for a weekend or even a week or so, now. Isn't that just how it is? We really want to go, but do we really want to go through all the routine of winterizing again? NO!! Not yet. And the nights have been in the 20's here already, so it is definitely needed to have it frost-proofed.
C'mon Springtime!!!
Judy I know how you feel, Mary and I drove or MH out to top off fuel tank the other evening and the call of the road was pretty stronge. Since we have winterized as well we actuall thought if really needed to make a short trip we could use bottled water and jugs of water to flush in bathroom if nessasarly.

Dishwasher, well paper plates works pretty good, just don't let Mary know there is other options, please!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #5892
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Great News! Update.

Mom had her Triple Bypass Surgery and made it through according to the doctor. While under, they were able to remove the cancerous portion of the lung as best as he could. It is difficult to do from the chest but they are confident that they were able to get it. They have sent the removal portion to pathology to confirm a clean removal by 2 centimeters. This means she may not have to have a separate operation.

The next 24 hrs are the critical ones, but the doctor is confident of success.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #5893

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
That's wonderful new Les, I hope everything goes the right way!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #5894

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Great News! Update. Mom had her Triple Bypass Surgery and made it through according to the doctor. While under, they were able to remove the cancerous portion of the lung as best as he could. It is difficult to do from the chest but they are confident that they were able to get it. They have sent the removal portion to pathology to confirm a clean removal by 2 centimeters. This means she may not have to have a separate operation. The next 24 hrs are the critical ones, but the doctor is confident of success.
Good news!
I still have fingers and toes crossed for your Mum.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

« Trivia | - »