Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #6035

Those rainbow ones look mean. Never seen any like that.
I have some that have the fold down metal clip without the spike. They just pinch the pants.
The Perry are cool looking.

I've bought several "refurbished" items and they all looked brand new. From what I hear, they are usually just opened and returned. The only time I got something bad was when I bought an IBM Leveno Think pad. Half the stuff on it didn't work or failed right after I got it. Couldn't get my money back because it was a refurb.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #6036

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
STEVE! AWESOME!!!
X2.

One suggestion and 1 question; Rather than "Call Us at RVMdom" 'Leave Us a Note on the Rainbow' and change title for "Contact Us" to 'Rainbow Notes'?
Question; If Herb has our GC@CL info already, do you want us to also add that to the web site?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #6037

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
I would suggest we all acquire a set of rainbow suspenders however I don't want others outside our group thinking we are promoting a different agenda; ahem just sayin.
Hope no one mistakes us as Jeff Gordon fans!

Is that the group you refer too, how offal!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #6038
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Wayne,

She has a Montgomery address but is located on one of the peninsulas on the south west side of Lake Conroe. The whole family is really big into mudding. Might have to get some mudding lessons and get dirty. LOL
PM me an address and I'll look it up on the map to see how close we will be. Could lead into a mini-curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
I would suggest we all acquire a set of rainbow suspenders however I don't want others outside our group thinking we are promoting a different agenda; ahem just sayin.
Now Heb, you are swishing your tail again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Wayne, there's been many a trip that I couldn't meet a 2 fish limit. Growing up my dad was a guide on a couple of the local lakes so catching boat loads of fish was always a matter of just going fishing with dad. He would tell me what to throw, where to cast and we always had success. After he passed I realized how little I knew! Now I mostly run trot lines for catfish, and best part is Mary will help bait the lines!
If you come down here in November i will gurantee you a 2 bag limit of flounder that are over 14" long. But yes, I do understand the days of not catching a darn thing. I'm glad that was all in the past. (Yeah, right!)

Earlene likes to fish but right now she is staying off a foot with Plantar Faciiitis. Monday looks like a good day where 3 of us will go out. We fish at the Army Corps of Engineers i Galveston and i can get one guest in with me to fish. Earlene could also get a guest in once they are registered, but she doesn't have any friends. (Oh oh! I did it again - trouble - the fight is going to start.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #6039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
Quoting smoking was easy. I must've done it a hundred times -- before I really stopped. Three packs a day. Quit the last time in 1976. Every once in a blue moon I still miss it.

Not to change the subject, but my oil change just cost over $1,400! I've mutated into a charitable organization for mechanics. Of course, they did a few "extras", but seriously?!? Now, I just need to have that pesky water leak on the Jeep Wrangler fixed...

Hey Falcon !!!

$1400 for an oil change ?? Who charged you that much, I want to make sure I avoid them. My last oil change for the Beaver was only $199.95 including all of the filters ...... .....

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #6040

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus

X2.

One suggestion and 1 question; Rather than "Call Us at RVMdom" 'Leave Us a Note on the Rainbow' and change title for "Contact Us" to 'Rainbow Notes'?
Question; If Herb has our GC@CL info already, do you want us to also add that to the web site?
Thanks Chuck and Good Morning Mutants!

The "Call Us" area was part of the "format" and just had a phone number there. I was going to put Waynes' number there but decided against it at the last minute. So anything or nothing can go there. I will play with and see how it looks. I don't want it to stretch too far across the page but can also make it wrap a row or two. So you spied one of the decision points I was stumped by. Sure don't want my phone ringing off the hook. Ha!

As to adding the GC @ CL info - using the form doesn't add the input to the webpage and I don't think we want to have that posted on the site. What it does is put the information in a form management tool behind the scenes. That let's me export the form info to Excel as csv files and consolidate the info into a single file and load that into a database. I can then use that for various things like importing into email contact lists - a database of who is signed up etc. That will take some burden off Herb eventually and make keeping up with future Curiosities - membership - blast emails - news letters - itineraries and such private and manageable.

This morning I have 5 forms submitted - Barb - Wayne - RVM1 - Sky_Boss and Don (KSCRUDE). All are currently attending. But you will notice there is no listing on the site about anyone attending.

This is the email I receive At an email address that is Something like GC CL @ rvmutants.com

Subject: Someone submitted your Grande Curiosity @ Catherine's Landing form

You received a new form submission.

To view and manage your form submissions, sign in to the Form Submissions Manager (available from the Website Builder).
------
I messed around with it a bit last night and it takes a little time to consolidate them but once they are done it's very handy.

I expect the site will undergo many changes and additions as we move along and I encourage all mutants to use the Contact us form to pass along general ideas and the GC @ CL form to let me get a handle on the attendee list.

My hope is that we can return the thread to its rightful use of pondering, growing our RVM members and encouraging one another on the rainbow and not take up so much real estate on the thread with such things. It is still a great place to vet ideas and such but not ideal for tracking and gathering info.

I and others have noted in the past that there are many "guests" who read our thread and I'm also hopeful that the site will entice them to finally join iRV2 - even if the don't join us on the rainbow. I have commented before that I always ask folks I meet at CGs, RV storage - RV service centers etc if they are iRV2 members and am amazed at the number of folks that haven't heard of it. I guess they are smarter than I am because I have learned so much here that I can't imagine how they get their answers, info and support.

So... long winded as usual. Thanks for playing! And keep the faith mutants - (sorry Chuck - I went wide on your post - Ha!).

We are all in this together and I'm glad to be a part of such a enthusiastic - curious group of mutants!
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --

P.S. Remember to remember and thank our Veterans this weekend.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #6041
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb!

I found your web site.

Rainbow Depot
Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #6042
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, you sleuth! First time I went to the rvmutants web site I looked at the source file. I was a little surprised that you used the behind the scenes form. That was neat.

Again, good job!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #6043

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Attention RVMs.

Shall we give Steve, RVM2, a rousing round of applause and accolades for his fervent and steadfast efforts at being a profound sick twisted RVM?

And doing all of the really nifty things?

What say one?
What say you all?

X10 !!!! Well done Steve !!!! Thank you for all your hard work !!!!

On a different note, I took yesterday off the rainbow to help my daughter with her car and y'all posted 7 pages worth of news and ponderings .... really !!!! ....

And Les !!!! great news about your Mom..... that was great !!!

Cheers !!!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #6044
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff,
I have to read this thread twice a day or it is overpowering.

Skipping a day is just unforgivable.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #6045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Jeff,
I have to read this thread twice a day or it is overpowering.

Skipping a day is just unforgivable.
Hi Wayne,

You bet I have just spent a couple hours catching up and now i need to visit the mutant website and fill out the portions that apply to Marcia and I ....
But this is life on the Rainbow, and it just doesnt get any better than this.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #6046
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jeff,
Send me your CC info and I'll sign you up!

Glad to help.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #6047

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Steve, you sleuth! First time I went to the rvmutants web site I looked at the source file. I was a little surprised that you used the behind the scenes form. That was neat.

Again, good job!
Thanks Wayne - I had researched a bunch of services and liked these guys the best. Their web tools are almost identical to one I used before only better. So far so good and I have a framework that I can "go native" on once the structure is established. But really - there isn't much that can't be done as is.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #6048

Tiffin Owners Club
webb page

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Chuck and Good Morning Mutants!

The "Call Us" area was part of the "format" and just had a phone number there. I was going to put Waynes' number there but decided against it at the last minute. So anything or nothing can go there. I will play with and see how it looks. I don't want it to stretch too far across the page but can also make it wrap a row or two. So you spied one of the decision points I was stumped by. Sure don't want my phone ringing off the hook. Ha!

As to adding the GC @ CL info - using the form doesn't add the input to the webpage and I don't think we want to have that posted on the site. What it does is put the information in a form management tool behind the scenes. That let's me export the form info to Excel as csv files and consolidate the info into a single file and load that into a database. I can then use that for various things like importing into email contact lists - a database of who is signed up etc. That will take some burden off Herb eventually and make keeping up with future Curiosities - membership - blast emails - news letters - itineraries and such private and manageable.

This morning I have 5 forms submitted - Barb - Wayne - RVM1 - Sky_Boss and Don (KSCRUDE). All are currently attending. But you will notice there is no listing on the site about anyone attending.

This is the email I receive At an email address that is Something like GC CL @ rvmutants.com

Subject: Someone submitted your Grande Curiosity @ Catherine's Landing form

You received a new form submission.

To view and manage your form submissions, sign in to the Form Submissions Manager (available from the Website Builder).
------
I messed around with it a bit last night and it takes a little time to consolidate them but once they are done it's very handy.

I expect the site will undergo many changes and additions as we move along and I encourage all mutants to use the Contact us form to pass along general ideas and the GC @ CL form to let me get a handle on the attendee list.

My hope is that we can return the thread to its rightful use of pondering, growing our RVM members and encouraging one another on the rainbow and not take up so much real estate on the thread with such things. It is still a great place to vet ideas and such but not ideal for tracking and gathering info.

I and others have noted in the past that there are many "guests" who read our thread and I'm also hopeful that the site will entice them to finally join iRV2 - even if the don't join us on the rainbow. I have commented before that I always ask folks I meet at CGs, RV storage - RV service centers etc if they are iRV2 members and am amazed at the number of folks that haven't heard of it. I guess they are smarter than I am because I have learned so much here that I can't imagine how they get their answers, info and support.

So... long winded as usual. Thanks for playing! And keep the faith mutants - (sorry Chuck - I went wide on your post - Ha!).

We are all in this together and I'm glad to be a part of such a enthusiastic - curious group of mutants!
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --

P.S. Remember to remember and thank our Veterans this weekend.
Would it be possable to add "contact us' in the upper line with the other information "Home", "About Us", etc?

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote