Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #6455
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,
You haven't met Herb nor I but I can assure you that it would be a comical sight to watch to grown men, who when they walk they have to hold out their arms so you can see if they are rolling or waddling.

Knuckle sandwiches would only add to that. Are they made out of bacon?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #6456
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Open Roaders,

Welcome to the mutated information thread. Save yourself some time and search only this thread and on only posts that I made. They are more mutated and fit nicely on the rainbow.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #6457
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Knuckle sandwiches would only add to that. Are they made out of bacon?
I think they are chicken wing parts aren't they?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #6458

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Wayne - I'm sure Herb can count to two - which is the number of knuckle sandwiches he will have for you at the GC @ CL!
Knuckle sandwiches? Pig knuckles? That is close to pork hocks, which is right next to bacon.

Bacon sandwiches at 10 paces. A pontoon boat can serve as a ring, and wobbling will make the boat list, and make my video a Youtube viral smash hit.

Prevosts with crews for everyone!

Want fries with that?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #6459

May I declare my mutant-ness as well? I took over payments of my parents' 99 Diplomat. It has no dishwasher, no heated floors, no tablet control pad, no power shades, no IFS, no tag axle. I am grateful for all it lacks! I am 37, and full timing in a diesel pusher I couldn't have afforded any other way. Life is good.
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #6460

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis
May I declare my mutant-ness as well? I took over payments of my parents' 99 Diplomat. It has no dishwasher, no heated floors, no tablet control pad, no power shades, no IFS, no tag axle. I am grateful for all it lacks! I am 37, and full timing in a diesel pusher I couldn't have afforded any other way. Life is good.
After completing a thorough background check - the RVM Membership Committee has determined that you have met the qualifications. You must however affirm that the Journey is the Destination in your next post. With that your membership will be complete and RVM61 is now your official number.

We see that you are a long time lurker and new member and would like to welcome you to iRV2 as well as to the RVMdom - and the best group and thread going.

Everyone let's welcome wingennis - our newest and I suspect quite possibly youngest member at a ripe old age of 37!

RVM2
Steve and Annie

P.S. How about a picture of that rig. You didn't have a new rig show off thread? Ya know what they say - no pictures - didn't happen.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #6461

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome wingennis and enjoy the rainbow.

You will find, as you read and rejoin, that some (actually most) of the Mutants have bunions as old, if not older than you.

The trip is the destination with this lot and it makes for interesting destination reports to boot.

Again, welcome to the fold.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #6462

I have no campground memberships or finder apps because the journey IS the destination!
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #6463

Monaco Owners Club
GRRRRRrrrrr. Venting post here. I took my spouse's car to work today because we had a high wind advisory and I drive through a mountain pass to work. Her car is heavier than my daily driver, the Honda CR-V that we purchased to tow behind the MH. Purchased new in June, it has 4000 miles on it. It was parked in front of my house, on a clear day, and our street is about 75 feet wide. A neighbor lady, 87, driving her land yacht Buick, managed to crash into it. It's completely messed up, and I think the frame may be bent. So my spouse runs outside, and the lady says "I didn't see it. I'm going home. I have to pack. I'm leaving tomorrow on a three month trip...in my motor home."

AAAAAAGGGGGgggggggghhhhhhh.

My brand new baby all crushed to heck and back.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #6464

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
GRRRRRrrrrr. Venting post here. I took my spouse's car to work today because we had a high wind advisory and I drive through a mountain pass to work. Her car is heavier than my daily driver, the Honda CR-V that we purchased to tow behind the MH. Purchased new in June, it has 4000 miles on it. It was parked in front of my house, on a clear day, and our street is about 75 feet wide. A neighbor lady, 87, driving her land yacht Buick, managed to crash into it. It's completely messed up, and I think the frame may be bent. So my spouse runs outside, and the lady says "I didn't see it. I'm going home. I have to pack. I'm leaving tomorrow on a three month trip...in my motor home."

AAAAAAGGGGGgggggggghhhhhhh.

My brand new baby all crushed to heck and back.
Hi Elizabeth,

Not that it is much consolation but at least no one was hurt, now then if the Honda is not repairable, you could always consider a Jeep, they are rugged enough for any type of weather, and they have 4-wheel drive to boot, and they flat tow real real easy, and well its a Jeep !!!!

I hope your day gets better,
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #6465

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
I have no campground memberships or finder apps because the journey IS the destination!

Hey wingennis and the rest of our newest mutants,

Welcome to the rainbow, and if you can make your rainbow meet at Cathrines Landing in Hot Springs this coming April you could attend the first ever Grande Curiosity with some of the other mutants for a fun filled 6 days of merriment and mayhem also do not forget the webpage rvmutants.com there you will find all sorts of information regarding this curious curiosity of mutating mutants ...

Cheers !!!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #6466

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Elizabeth,

Not that it is much consolation but at least no one was hurt, now then if the Honda is not repairable, you could always consider a Jeep, they are rugged enough for any type of weather, and they have 4-wheel drive to boot, and they flat tow real real easy, and well its a Jeep !!!!

I hope your day gets better,
Or course, you are right. I would feel much worse if she was hurt. Her car is fine except for some front quarter panel damage. She hit where the front driver's door and back drivers door meet, and dented it pretty good. She had to hit it nearly head on to do the damage she did. The dent is at least a foot deep. Neither door will budge.

I don't even really like Hondas much. We bought it to tow 4 down, and it has AWD, but it's not fun to drive. It doesn't have enough horses for starters, and the seats are hard as rocks. We definitely want to tow four down, and this was the best compromise we could come up with. 0% financing, and got a killer deal since I just bought a Honda Civic for my daughter last year when she rolled her Corolla.

Does anyone know if you can tow a Jaguar XF four down?! I may need a new car!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Or course, you are right. I would feel much worse if she was hurt. Her car is fine except for some front quarter panel damage. She hit where the front driver's door and back drivers door meet, and dented it pretty good. She had to hit it nearly head on to do the damage she did. The dent is at least a foot deep. Neither door will budge.

I don't even really like Hondas much. We bought it to tow 4 down, and it has AWD, but it's not fun to drive. It doesn't have enough horses for starters, and the seats are hard as rocks. We definitely want to tow four down, and this was the best compromise we could come up with. 0% financing, and got a killer deal since I just bought a Honda Civic for my daughter last year when she rolled her Corolla.

Does anyone know if you can tow a Jaguar XF four down?! I may need a new car!
Hey There,

Well side damage is always bad because that is usually the weakest spot on a car, I myself have never sat in a Honda and more than likely couldnt fir with a shoe horn they just arent made for people that are 6'-3" tall, I know they put out good deals on them cause they want to sell them, We were in tow 4 down mode when we found the Jeep, and we knew we wanted to hunt ghost towns, geocache in the desert, and see things you cannot see from the road, so thats how the Jeep won out, and I got a great deal on a used one with low miles.

I dont know if you can tow a Jag 4-down, but if ya can .... .... wouldnt that be fun as well, of course you'd have to give up Jeepin in the desert, and scaring your spouse with water crossings , but climbing rocks and following goat trails is hard to beat ... ...

Cheers !!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #6468

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
welcome to the mutant house. I'm no longer the youngest but I do have more miles then most

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote