Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #6665

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
:Our local mountain (Mt Arrowsmith) got hit with a dump yesterday. So cool watching it snow a mile or so up and still be standing in bright sunshine.
Dennis,

You had sunshine yesterday? No fair! It was cloudy here until almost dark. We did have a marvelous sunset and I saw the moon and stars last night. It was sunny today, but I was trapped inside a hospital until noon and too dopey to enjoy much this afternoon. (a no big deal day surgery to remove an implanted medical device that never worked)

Sun is such a rare commodity up here in the Pacific Northwet this time of year. In the south we had Snow Days where everyone stayed home. Up here we should have Sun Days where schools and businesses close because of beautiful weather. It might only happen 2-3 times per school year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

Hi winngennis !!

Ahhh the Gateway to the North, I have been through there many times on my way to the Grayling area where I deer hunt, well actually I hunt 13 miles East of Kalkaska, MI and just North of Highway 612 which is 11 miles North of Grayling. Its a great place to be from.

Cheers !!!
You are the first person I have mentioned Clare to that had any idea what I meant. Not many people from north of Ann Arbor live in this part of Arizona
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #6667

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Some states still allow the use of gray water for irrigation within certain guidelines.
National Forest guidelines say to bury human waste 6" deep when you are primitive camping. I figure gray water is much less hazardous, so I dig a 6-12" deep hole and lay my gray water hose so that it drains into it. I have a sewer cap adapter that has garden hose female thread on it so I can dig the hole 23' feet from the RV. I have never seen any signs of bugs or animals interested in it when I go to fill the hole back in before we leave. I DON'T do this with the black tank contents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #6668

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
GC @ CL Itinerary

I have created a GC @ CL Itinerary Builder Form on www.rvmutants.com

There have been many proposals for group gratherings, meals, and free time activities. The purpose of the form is to identify your priorities and the days and times that should be set aside for them. One thing I noticed in building the form is that we have lots of group gatherings and free time activities suggested and only 6 days and nights to accomplish them. We mutants are resourceful, but we can't be in two places at the same time (and let others know anyway).

It won't take long to fill out the form (I promise) and first one to report back how long it took to complete wins a prize to be awarded by the Grand Poobah at the GC @ CL on opening night.

Even if you are not attending - or undecided, please complete the Itinerary Builder Form. Things can change and you never know, you might end up in Hot Springs in April afterall. And, your contribution will help shape this and future curiosities, and I may learn how to build an effective curiosity planning form

Thanks for giving this a try. Once I export all the replies and table them, I will use our group email to distribute the results. Next up - figuring out how to get some other curiosities rolling in 2014. Thanks for your suggesions so far - you know who you are.

When filling out the form - be sure to check the "mouse over" for information on use of Control and Shift key for multiple responses.

RVM2

P.S. Thanks to RVM1 - Dave, Barb - Okmunky, and Tim - Huntnski for their input on the form. They gave willing of their time this past weekend to review, guide and test.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #6669
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I understand it but don't speak it. I can translate if needed at the GC. No charge.
I unerstood ever waard!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #6670

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

I unerstood ever waard!
Me too. But it was funny and I hear such things all the time. And his drawers were showing when he said it methinks, but his boots looked good.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #6671

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I went to site. Did not see form. Do I have to use another type of computer?
I'm using a Android pad.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #6672

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I'm using a Android pad.
I would not think so - but you may need to refresh your browser.

Barb - Okmunky is the winner of with the first submission! Prize to be determined.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #6673

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I'm using a Android pad.
Dave, at top of page there is a RVM events choice, click on it, if it drops a box down the builder in one of the choices. My I pad would not drop the box but did go to the rents screen, at very bottom of the Events screen you will see the Itinary Builder listed and you can click on it!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #6674

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Dave, at top of page there is a RVM events choice, click on it, if it drops a box down the builder in one of the choices. My I pad would not drop the box but did go to the rents screen, at very bottom of the Events screen you will see the Itinary Builder listed and you can click on it!
Thanks Tim - left that little instruction out.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #6675

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
What is the operating pressure going to be?
I will be running it at whatever track I am at allows. So between 100# PSI and 115# PSI on the Island and 125# PSI at Train Mountain.
Quote:

I like to watch live steam but helping Dad and the others with the roadbed always seemed like too much like work, especially in Texas in the spring and summer heat.
Living in the Pacific North Wet we do most track work in the winter (raining) months and play during the summer.
Quote:

I know what you mean about not being able to recoup your money on brass locos. I bought my first one, a Tenshodo 0-8-0 kit (1960?) and then at least one of every Santa Fe model built in brass, except the "Blue Goose" built by Hallmark. My grandaughter wants to know why I have so many locos that look alike but she doesn't understand "it was a good price" Good plastic has destroyed the value of brass collections. If you will remember in the late 50's through the 80's, if it wasn't brass it probably didn't run very well, now the plastic runs better then the brass, looks as good, and doesn't cost near as much.
Last year I was at my buddy Darrell's place in Grove City Ohio and he has more brass than ?? and he had a new UP FEF (4-8-4) in plastic that was a marvel to watch, listen to and see run. In came in at 1/2 the cost of his brass FEF and out performed it in every way.

Sorry for not replying to this earlier but it somehow missed my line of site and I had to go back to look for it when I saw it quoted in a comment much further on.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #6676

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dennis,

You had sunshine yesterday? No fair! It was cloudy here until almost dark. We did have a marvelous sunset and I saw the moon and stars last night. It was sunny today, but I was trapped inside a hospital until noon and too dopey to enjoy much this afternoon. (a no big deal day surgery to remove an implanted medical device that never worked)

Sun is such a rare commodity up here in the Pacific Northwet this time of year. In the south we had Snow Days where everyone stayed home. Up here we should have Sun Days where schools and businesses close because of beautiful weather. It might only happen 2-3 times per school year.
I hate to say this but today was the fourth in a row of sunshine. It see some sort of record for this area for this time of year. Definitive proof of climate changing global warming doncha know. The areas east and north of us were socked in to mountain top level and everything above 3500 feet is snow covered.

Do you get to keep the removed item, for posterity eh?

The neat thing is I got part of the biggest part of exterior Christmas Decorations up and didn't get soaked doing it.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #6677

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve, I will go fill out the form on the off chance Denise and I can get there, but it requires a promise that Wayne's planned "Bobbing for French Fries" isn't adopted as one the mutant games.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #6678

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
Steve, I will go fill out the form on the off chance Denise and I can get there, but it requires a promise that Wayne's planned "Bobbing for French Fries" isn't adopted as one the mutant games.
I think it was upgraded to Bobbing For Chili Cheese Fries. Would that work for you?