Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #7155

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Dang! And all we are having here is a feast.

You nasty good cookin RVM you!
(Said the jealous RVM in Tucson)
You know - y'all had a personal invitation to use our guest room - even gave ya airline prices....
Just sayin'.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #7156

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve I've got a cherry tree I'm thinking of cutting might just bring you the wood. Going to use George Washington's axe, the original one, seems a friend of my dads family had relatives that were Washington's and kept the axe all these years. Said he had kept axe in good working order always sharp, replaced the handle 5 or 6 times over the years and a new head once.

Interested in the wood?
Old 11-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #7157

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Geesh I have had to spend most of the day speed reading to catch up on what I have missed the last three days. You mutants do love to chat! OMG over 7000 posts.... That is insane!!! What have you breathed into existence Grand Poohbah? When we get to fist GC I fear nobody will sleep cause in this group if you close your eyes your pages and pages behind.

Now we are casting movies? Lol What mutated feat shall we do next? Oh and as for this movie, since I usually hang in the background, I will be a gaffer? Assuming that is the person holding the stick thingy with the mic on the end, and if someone forgets their lines I will bop em on their head.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #7158

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim - not sure about the wood. Since this is a vertical smoker - I'm using charcoal - lump charcoal - and according to directions - 3-4 chunks of wood. Have a couple cubic feet now and a variety of chips. We'll see how it goes. On a related note - my dad loved to burn cherry wood in his fireplace!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #7159

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Steve !!!

I dont drive a tree crawler, Marcia would never let me do that. Ours is stock, with front and rear windshield washers , heat and air, and radio with cd, stock stock stock, it has cruise control and headlights and even mirrors, oh and it has a horn too, goes in and out of 4-wheel with the pull of a lever, has seatbelts and storage compartments, and it even rides on stock shocks that are nice especially on bumps, we have the 4-door, ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
....snip....

We have a Wrangler Sahara model, hard top, street tires, A/C, Heat, CD, etc. etc. etc. 2 door. Rides just like a car. The only thing it's missing is a large storage area...but it is short and nimble and very east to tow.....
Hey Elizabeth --

Our current Jeep is also a Wrangler Sahara, similar but 2-door and with a ragtop. Wouldn't say it rides quite like a car, though. Okay for a toad, but it is inconvenient in some ways, 'specially past that Certain Age (YMMV).

Today, however, we looked at a Cherokee Trail Hawk, thinking to look at the Limited when they come in stock at our dealer. We really like the TH, and of course it's flat towable. Run these two past your SO and see if either of them passes muster.

Cheers, and good luck with the hunt!
Sue
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #7160

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Geesh I have had to spend most of the day speed reading to catch up on what I have missed the last three days. You mutants do love to chat! OMG over 7000 posts.... That is insane!!! What have you breathed into existence Grand Poohbah? When we get to fist GC I fear nobody will sleep cause in this group if you close your eyes your pages and pages behind. Now we are casting movies? Lol What mutated feat shall we do next? Oh and as for this movie, since I usually hang in the background, I will be a gaffer? Assuming that is the person holding the stick thingy with the mic on the end, and if someone forgets their lines I will bop em on their head.
The breath of pure freedom and the joy of unfettered Mutation is grand but not predictable.

If you wish, you may hold the stick thingy and put the bop in the bop-she-bop-she-bop. Or not. As it were. K?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #7161

Mini Minnie this afternoon with Sky_Boss Don! We were test driving that Jeep Trail Hawk out in his neck of the weeds and decided to stop in. He's busy getting ready to do a runner on Friday so we didn't talk long. Sandee is now retired too, so it looks like they're outa here ASAP!

Cheers Y'all!
Sue
Old 11-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #7162

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Of all of the images I have saved off this thread to later jigsaw, that has to be the funniest, AND the most mutant. I hope you remember to snap a pick of your Muturkey after it's cooked and before sliced for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #7163

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Of all of the images I have saved off this thread to later jigsaw, that has to be the funniest, AND the most mutant. I hope you remember to snap a pick of your Muturkey after it's cooked and before sliced for me.
Sorry Barb. Just a pic from my emails.
Perhaps print the pic, gently crisp it over a campfire, take a pic of it of it for your jigsaw Mutations?
Which I am anxious to see!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #7164

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey Elizabeth --

Our current Jeep is also a Wrangler Sahara, similar but 2-door and with a ragtop. Wouldn't say it rides quite like a car, though. Okay for a toad, but it is inconvenient in some ways, 'specially past that Certain Age (YMMV).

Today, however, we looked at a Cherokee Trail Hawk, thinking to look at the Limited when they come in stock at our dealer. We really like the TH, and of course it's flat towable. Run these two past your SO and see if either of them passes muster.

Cheers, and good luck with the hunt!
Sue
Hi, Sue:

We are going to look at the Jeeps on Saturday, and have an appointment with the Chevy dealer on Friday morning to test drive the Equinox. They just happen to have one in the exterior and interior colors and trim package I'm interested in.

In addition to being our toad, this vehicle has to be my daily driver. I cross the Blue Ridge Parkway every day, so I need sure-footed (AWD or 4x4), good on ice and snow, and having had multiple back surgeries, easy entrance and exit and good seats. We had a Camry, and traded it in on the Venza - much easier to get in and out of. The CR-V isn't quite as easy, but much better than bucket seats. I really like the Venza, but it isn't four down towable.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the V6 Equinox, but may just have to bite the bullet and keep the blasted Honda. It will depend on how the finances work out, and how I feel about the alternatives after the road tests.

You know, it'll work out - it's just a darned car.

Happy Thanksgiving, Mutants!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #7165

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
this is so true
My S-I-L has a cousin in Southern Ontario near Oshawa, who quit highschool much to his parent's chagrin and became a Bass Pro Fisherman. All he does is fish and he wins enough tournaments to live quite comfortably. He was the first to come to mind while watching the video. Becoming a bass pro doesn't require a PHD and is definitely not rocket science and this kid has a huge house on a large tract of land and has never worked a "job" job in his whole life.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #7166

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Actually, I predict that other than some pics, this thread will get VERY quiet during the GC@CL. We'll all be together and there will be no need for us to yak at each other online. You know, just stick your head out the door and yell, "BACON".

For anyone who may have skipped oh say, 7,000 or so posts here's what we are talking about -- An RVM Grande Curiosity (curiosity is the correct terminology for a gathering of mutants) will be held at Catherine's Landing on Lake Catherine near Hot Springs, AR April 24-30, 2014.

Wise an powerful RVMs have negotiated a discounted rate of
$26 or $28 for lakeside lots for that week and the 2 days just before and just after it. There is still space available and prepaying one night will save your space. Should something like, oh say an alien abduction occur, you can get a 100% refund if you cancel at least 3 days in advance.

In a few posts, more or less, one of those wise mutants will post links and a phone number for Catherine's Landing. It is a beautiful newer RV park and the weather is guaranteed to be perfect (hopefully).

Be there or be ...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #7167

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tomorrow will be a hectic day for many of us, friends and families some for the day others for the week so let me take this time to wish all you mutants a Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for so much in my life and that includes this group. Have a blessed day!

Tim and Mary
Old 11-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #7168

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sorry Barb. Just a pic from my emails.
Perhaps print the pic, gently crisp it over a campfire, take a pic of it of it for your jigsaw Mutations?
Which I am anxious to see!
And I had such great hopes of enjoying it vicariously thru your description of the succulent, moist turkey with that ever pleasing flavor of bacon...BRB

Sorry, I had to go wipe the drool off my chin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]