Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #7351

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Cindy,

I'm not sure about cooling units for your entire rig, fortunately my A/C's are working perfectly fine. I am still in the trouble shooting zone and sticker shock zone of these Norcolds. The last couple of days since Thanksgiving have kept me very busy, so hopefully today, I get a chance to look at the heaters, cross your fingers.

Cheers !!!
Ah...understand what "Amish cooling unit" is now...not the whole frig

Even tho my AC was serviced as soon as I discovered the problem last July, I still have a situation where after the AC has been running awhile and the humidity goes up a bit in very hot weather...it'll freeze up. On the outside...not the inside.

Anyway...good luck trouble-shooting your frig!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #7352

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The snow is here!

Attachment 51057
Beautiful! I sure miss the snow!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #7353

Tiffin Owners Club
Gc meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Steve, Herb, please keep your weather away from paradise. I stood in 10 to 12 mph wind at 28 degrees and tried to keep 12 cookers burning this morning. Wind gust so bad it tumped one cooker over! If I never see another deep fried turkey again that will be ok with me! .....
I wonder who we could nominate to cook a turkey at the GC? Any ideas? By then we will have gotten over Thanksgiving turkey and be ready for some more.

I can not believe how yappey we are, the computer was down for only Wed through Sat and I've got a zillion pages to read. At least I don't have to quit to watch "America's Favorite Football Team" since they WON on turkey day.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #7354

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Does gray hair fall within the light hair category?

And for the gorilla types I suppose a heavy dose of manscaping might work...
Gray hair works, but gorilla doesn't.

We met a tiny little lady, probably in her 90's with beautiful silver hair, at the Post Office last week. Sena was enthralled with her. She reached out and held her hand and spoke in the sweetest voice she has and professed instant love for this woman, who was obviously an animal lover. After almost 10 minutes I had to drag Sena away so we could get to our next stop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #7355

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Cindy,

Spider monks aren't small. most are about the size of a 2 year old human and weight about 25 pounds. Many captive spiders have pot bellies.

Sena is on the small side for a capuchin(8#), and am I ever glad! Her favorite place is my shoulder, or if it's too sunny, scary or cold she climbs down my shirt, stands on my waistband and pokes her head out beside mine. Yes, we are a 2 headed mutant

We are near Portland, OR this winter and will go to the GC next Spring and then head back to Seattle for the summer. I always take different routes each trip. Maybe we can arrange a mini curiosity then.
2-Headed Mutant...that's a good one!

Ah...well like I said don't remember the monkey my Uncle had...and the pics I've seen were very tiny, grainy black and white ones from the '50s.

I can understand why you'd want one under 8 lbs, though...so easy to carry!

My "largest" Tiny Dog is 8 lbs...and sometimes I have to carry her! I bought dog backpacks, dog bicycle baskets, and a dog bicycle trailer just so when I do have to carry the dogs I can do it! Even all 3 at the same time. Since I've been doing that...I no longer want any larger dogs! However, sometimes I do miss times past when the dogs could carry themselves

I've always wanted to take a trip up the West Coast in the summer to get out of here...it gets really bad, but I like the idea of a mini curiosity!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #7356

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
thought of a cute pic Sena sitting on Jade's back. lol
If Jade is a dog, it will never happen. She's afraid of dogs that she hasn't spent weeks with and if Jade is a big dog Other than Lily, who she raised from an 8 week old, Sena has only tolerated 2 other dogs. And we have practically lived with those 2. One is Lily's older brother, who belongs to my former boss; the other is our winter host's Bischon Frieze female.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #7357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Here is a sunset in the Keys from last month

Attachment 51056
Oh, Steve -- I wanna be there! Oh wait. In 2 weeks, we will be there. (Naples, actually, but what's the diff?).

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #7358

Quote:
Cindy, ....

Sena is on the small side for a capuchin(8#), and am I ever glad! Her favorite place is my shoulder, or if it's too sunny, scary or cold she climbs down my shirt, stands on my waistband and pokes her head out beside mine. Yes, we are a 2 headed mutant

Oh what a picture in my mind. Lovin' it! Would you please document this? You know what Steve is fond of saying: if there are no pics, it didn't happen!

Cheers!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #7359

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Headed back to the mountains of East TN tomorrow. The snow awaits.
Steve, you are violating the full-timers code! Were supposed to avoid the cold, NOT drive into it!

Did you happen to read any of the first pages of this thread? You have wondered into an eclectic group of RVers who refer to ourselves as RV Mutants. Notice my avatar? You are most welcome to visit here or if you feel you are one with this nutty group you are free to declare your RVM status and be officially
designted an RVM # of your own by the Grand Poohbah himself.

Just go back to the first pages of this thread and read until you feel you have a good understanding of what we are, or you become cross-eyed, whichever happens first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #7360

Please pardon, the interruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Just for fun!

RV Mutants
  • Protect and grow the nest egg. Doe's living below your means and agonizing over every cent (I literally budget to the cent and will get upset if I don't get an absolute bargain). I am very good at saving money. When I do make a purchase it is of the best value to quality ratio I can get. I don't compromise on quality or features but won't buy more then I need. I do put away the money into safe sources and am good at not touching it.
  • Don't carry debt. You need the space for important things. Resident mortgage free! Car loan free! Student loan - working on it. Don't believe in carrying balance from month to month. Not quite there yet.
  • Plan your escape and escape your plans. Make the dream happen, then wing it. I don't call it just a plan but a potential guideline if circumstances change or I a new substitute becomes available I'll go with the flow. Try not to be rigid, my family has been on cruises, farthest state we've been to is Hawaii, been to south east Asia, been to Disney parks on other continents, done many museums, caves, parks, small town and by ways. My 2013 is over half way done it's warranty period.We used up the warranty on the other dd.
  • Don't miss what ya ain't got. Be happy with ya have and to be on the road, your way.Well not on the road with an RV yet, but don't want to take on debt hence the 2016 goal. I don't miss what I don't got but wouldn't mind providing the best possible life for my family, which means trying to teach them as much as possible and expose them to more than our corner of the earth. We've driven through floods in a very old 'yota abroad, seen how people have been affected by towns buried by volcanos, been up high towers. Try to expose my family to the poorest of the poor and the richest of the rich, be content with what you have but know where others are.
  • Take what ya think ya need and when ya figure out ya don't need it - get rid of it. Well 3/4s of us are pack racks. We catalogue our magazines, keep important newspaper articles have a VERY extensive library of books including text books from the 40s and beyond. Have some very old books, and new editions of the same books. Words aren't just for screens. I repurpose things though. Don't through away stuff, recycle/upcycle and Goodwill/ St. Vincent it.
  • Take care of what ya have. Well we seldom break things, everything is kept in tip top shape. White carpets are possible with families you know. Just sayin'
  • We also like to pay others to work. Will do small things but won’t wash and wax 33+ feet for instance. We're retired! Well if I downsized, and didn't want to travel I could retire. I do pay a pro for jobs I feel I can't do to a professional standard. I will tackle flooring, painting, RTA cabinets. Won't refinish my antiques, won't even attempt to rebuild a turbo. Do polish the old and new toys though .
  • Dave and I both owe our adventure to our DWs who enjoy laughing at us and keeping us in line. I know some people name Dave, i'm very comical looking i'm sure. I do know how to queue.
Attachment 36923
Not quite there but will be joining your ranks some day. I do plan on an early retirement though. Figure if kids are gifted, and learn as much as possible and possess family values they can take over what i've done and return the favours granted I do have high standards for the next gen though. Hope that isn't pushing it. I plan on keepin' my rig till the house is floppin' once I get her.

Now back to your conversation. Sorry for the interupt. IRQ 13 signing off.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #7361

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oh what a picture in my mind. Lovin' it! Would you please document this? You know what Steve is fond of saying: if there are no pics, it didn't happen!

Cheers!
There will be a multitude of opportunities for y'all to document this phenomenon at the GC@CL. Meeting a bunch of new people will cause many, many of Sena's dive for cover drills, especially because it will be so sunny* then.

* I am subscribing to the "think it so" theory. We will ONLY speak of sunshine and pleasant weather for the GC and it will be so.

On the other hand, here in the Pacific North-wet, the clouds and fog have returned Snow is predicted for higher elevations tonight and tomorrow, but doubtful for here along the river. We remain dry and cozy, tucked inside the RV garage, but I sure miss the sunshine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #7362

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mutants don't have to be fill timers nor retired...just mutant!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #7363

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
IRQ 13, feel free to come join us at anytime. If I may be so bold as to ask... What the hockey sticks are you waiting for?? Your first RV need not be your perfect RV. The best way to figure out what you want and need in an RV is to BE in one. You are missing out on a whole lotta fun that you could be having in an RV.

Three years ago I had only spent a sum total of 1 night in my parents parked travel trailer, but when I decided to retire I knew that I wanted to live in one the rest of my life. I chose a MH because it makes me, as a single female, feel safer. I bought what I thought I needed, but I have learned SO MUCH! If I had it to do over, I'd buy a gently used Class A instead of a new Class C.

I'll be quiet now and let some of our more reserved members have their say on the subject.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #7364

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Steve, you are violating the full-timers code! Were supposed to avoid the cold, NOT drive into it!

Did you happen to read any of the first pages of this thread? You have wondered into an eclectic group of RVers who refer to ourselves as RV Mutants. Notice my avatar? You are most welcome to visit here or if you feel you are one with this nutty group you are free to declare your RVM status and be officially
designted an RVM # of your own by the Grand Poohbah himself.

Just go back to the first pages of this thread and read until you feel you have a good understanding of what we are, or you become cross-eyed, whichever happens first.
I've been reading these pages from the very beginning and I'm not sure I understand all the nuances and contraindicating (even if we ain't medical pro's).

Quote:
There will be a multitude of opportunities for y'all to document this phenomenon at the GC@CL. Meeting a bunch of new people will cause many, many of Sena's dive for cover drills, especially because it will be so sunny* then.

* I am subscribing to the "think it so" theory. We will ONLY speak of sunshine and pleasant weather for the GC and it will be so.

On the other hand, here in the Pacific North-wet, the clouds and fog have returned Snow is predicted for higher elevations tonight and tomorrow, but doubtful for here along the river. We remain dry and cozy, tucked inside the RV garage, but I sure miss the sunshine.
Boy are you living in the wrong part of the PNW. I mowed the lawns today and the sunshine is blinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Mutants don't have to be fill timers nor retired...just mutant!
I be dat all the time.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote