Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^ Dwayne - owe you an email....

And the best part is where Harry meet Sally and...
I'll get it faster if you text it to me

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #7436

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are finding our selves doing some weather surfing. We have learned we don't miss anything close to cold already! LOL

Found a nice little CG on the gulf called HO HUM RV Park. While I am a tad paranoid about salt air this will be Sandee's first time near the gulf so I surprised her with ON the gulf. Should be some great shots for pictures to send to the family. You know...the "wish you were here" kind.

This rainbow thing is like an onion...it takes time to peel back the layers. Tomorrow we leave family in Macon and head to the coast.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #7437

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Now you know we are in Texas City if you get close....
Wayne...I will keep you posted. I'm thinking we will be in your area somewhere between the 15th & 19th. PM me with your CG recommendations. I see you are really on the coast! Perhaps we will split some distance between the 2 areas for a nice stop over of a couple days.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #7438
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Wayne...I will keep you posted. I'm thinking we will be in your area somewhere between the 15th & 19th. PM me with your CG recommendations. I see you are really on the coast! Perhaps we will split some distance between the 2 areas for a nice stop over of a couple days.
That would be nice. Your choice of CG will depend how close you want to the water.

For water views of the ocean, Galveston is your best area. There are four CG's in that area that i would stay and.

Sandpiper RV Resort (Nice view, close to "The Strand.")

Dellanera RV Park (Close quarters but nice view)

Galveston State Park (No sewer but dump stations. Two sides to the park. ocean side just behind the dunes with walk over to beach, and bay side, wagon wheel configuration. Both sides have their own dump station)

Jamaica Beach RV Park (I have not been to this one. Others on here may chime in.)

Both Galveston State Park and Jamaica Beach RV Park are 10 or so miles down the "Blue Water Highway," from Galveston.

There are many more around the area, just not beach side.

I posted here instead of PM as others may be interested in the area. I'll try and answer any specific questions and if I don't know I'll go out and scout.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #7439

Fleetwood Owners Club
Different direction post, is the stomach flu going around in your area?

Been avoiding dauther in law for 2 days, now son has it, and second son just called to say he's starting. I'm hiding away in my shop, DW can play nurse! We all know how these things are so much worse on men folk!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #7440

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Different direction post, is the stomach flu going around in your area?

Been avoiding dauther in law for 2 days, now son has it, and second son just called to say he's starting. I'm hiding away in my shop, DW can play nurse! We all know how these things are so much worse on men folk!
Forgot to add, Don come on by on your way south, got something I need you to take to Wayne! lol
Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #7441

Quote:
Different direction post, is the stomach flu going around in your area? Been avoiding dauther in law for 2 days, now son has it, and second son just called to say he's starting. I'm hiding away in my shop, DW can play nurse! We all know how these things are so much worse on men folk!
Worse? Naw! We just wus out too easily.
Tis tougher with age (maturity?). Great to have a "nurse" around.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #7442
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Forgot to add, Don come on by on your way south, got something I need you to take to Wayne! lol
Smoked venison. Okay!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #7443

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
If your wanting cooler western weather, I'd suggest WA or northern OR. The rain departs the PNW in mid June and stays away until September. Daytime temps in Seattle area are in the 70's and the sun even shines.

California is the one state I can't even drive thru with Sena. They have very nasty laws against the private ownership of monkeys.
Wait...isn't she a Special Needs Animal? I mean your needs...

Also...where do you recommend visiting in WA in the summer?
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #7444

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Those of you who have submitted GC @ CL Itinerary forms, the GC sign up form or a Contact Us through the website - you should have received an email from the site admin with a couple of PDF files attached.

Those of you who have not done any of the above via the website - please do at least one of them so I can get you added to the Contact list. We are actually doing quite well with 24 of 63 mutants on the list now.

We're making progress! Next up our temp will be looking at the 9 Itinerary form submissions and 3 Contact Us forms with mini / regional curiosity suggestions and tabulating results.

Been thinking about some of our missing mutants and wondering how they're doing. Oldme, Moonrover, Jdoc, 4kids, Tina and many others. Give a shout and let us know you're still out there when ya can. There are so many of you that haven't been around in a while and your Rainbow mutant family would like to hear from you.

RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #7445

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Smoked venison. Okay!!
Don't smoke my venison, my papers keep getting wet! Thus far my yearly stock is not looking to good. Last year had four in freezer at this time, so far only one and a hog. Need to be in deer woods but afraid this cold front may be pushing record number of ducks down south and I need to be there to meet them!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #7446

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[QUOTE=traveldogs;
..where do you recommend visiting in WA in the summer?[/QUOTE]

I always stay on private property, either my daughter's Seattle back yard on a friend's place on the Columbia River. I've heard the Olympic Peninsula is a great place to visit, and there are several places along the Columbia with lots of history especially Lewis & Clark.

In SE Oregon there is a wonderful Oregon Trail Interpretive Center near Baker City, OR. You can still see the wagon ruts from over 100 years ago. Further north on I-84 there's Pendelton, OR with the Pendelton Woolen mills and an
underground tour I want to take on my next trip thru.

Also, I want to take the state hiway on the WA side of the Columbia rather than the interstate on the south side. The river is beautiful, particularly to someone like me that spent so many years living on flat land without many trees.

If you enjoy boondocking all of the National Forests are great places to explore. And FREE! Millions of acres up here. And on the way back south you can visit the Oregon coast with lots of history, light houses and the Tillamook Dairy factory with yummy cheeses and ice creams.

I take a different route each time and there is SO much to see and do along the way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #7447

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I always stay on private property, either my daughter's Seattle back yard on a friend's place on the Columbia River. I've heard the Olympic Peninsula is a great place to visit, and there are several places along the Columbia with lots of history especially Lewis & Clark.

In SE Oregon there is a wonderful Oregon Trail Interpretive Center near Baker City, OR. You can still see the wagon ruts from over 100 years ago. Further north on I-84 there's Pendelton, OR with the Pendelton Woolen mills and an
underground tour I want to take on my next trip thru.

Also, I want to take the state hiway on the WA side of the Columbia rather than the interstate on the south side. The river is beautiful, particularly to someone like me that spent so many years living on flat land without many trees.

If you enjoy boondocking all of the National Forests are great places to explore. And FREE! Millions of acres up here. And on the way back south you can visit the Oregon coast with lots of history, light houses and the Tillamook Dairy factory with yummy cheeses and ice creams.

I take a different route each time and there is SO much to see and do along the way.
Wow...sounds great! I've been to Portland, and site-seed Mt. Hood, Astoria, and some Falls (I forgot the name...starts with a "W"). We were there in late April...early May a few years ago. This was not in an RV, however.

Never boon-docked a forest, yet. Would be afraid to take my toad in there, and then getting stuck. I would go if I were meeting people, and/or had clear directions of what to expect from the road conditions. Eh...I had trouble with the tow bars on their debut trip in Sept.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #7448

Hey you Texas RVMs, tonight: Chicken (you know, tastes like rattlesnake) over charcoal.

Can ya beat that?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote