Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #7715

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M
I might as well tell the story before someone else does.

As many of you know, it is cold(er) in Texas. Temp dropped down to 36 degrees the first night.

I was running the heat pump and everything was fine. Then sometime in the middle of the night it was getting colder in the MH. I pulled up an extra blanket, but it was still getting cold. Hmmm! Around 6 in the morning Earlene got up and and raised the thermostat then called out and said, "The heat will not come on."

Up out of bed, a clatter not heard, I walked to the thermostat and confirmed her fear.

Darn! The furnace is supposed to kick on if there is an ambient difference drop of 4 to 5 degrees and it did not kick in. The heat pump would not come on without the supplemental heat furnace heat. Okay! I flipped the little slide switch to gas and waited. Nothing happened. I began running troubleshooting through my mind thinking my batteries may be low, but we had been driving and hooked up so the charging system should have taken care of any of that. ....

Oh oh! I just got the MH out of service shop. I went out and lo and behold, I turned the propane on. Of course, now I had to wait for the lines to fill with propane so I turned on the three gas burners on the stove and held the butane lighter until they lighted. The thermostat is 4 feet from the top of the stove and the ambient heat from the stove should fool the thermostat, but the gas furnace was not igniting. Why?

So as my eyes adjusted and I stood back just past arms length, since I did not have my glasses on, I reached to the thermostat and slid it from "cool" mode to heat pump and the heat pump came on.

You would think they would make this a one button simple design.

Oh well, live and learn.
Dated and time stamped for posterity!
What I wouldn't give for 36 degrees about now.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #7716

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I might as well tell the story before someone else does.
----------- BIG SNIP -----------------
You would think they would make this a one button simple design.

Oh well, live and learn.
Now you want everything Wayne proofed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dated and time stamped for posterity!
What I wouldn't give for 36 degrees about now.
We've had no snow but it is minus 7 and we have electric heat that is having a hell of a time keeping up and the propane tank is awaiting a fill we called for week before last. Sometimes living in booneyville isn't all that cool, er warm er not hot!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #7717

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Now you want everything Wayne proofed???...
Is that possible?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #7718

Hey, Barb! I'm really looking forward to meeting you. Forget Sena for the moment. You must feel a bit ignored in a way!

How are you set for puzzles these days? I do the daily JigZone puzzles, plus some app that gives me a certain number free. Can you grab them off here, or is a PM better?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #7719

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I found a blog done by some photographers and grabbed a bunch. I can also save images posted here, but not on the yahoo photo site. All I get there is a link. Found some amazing images from the Hubble telescope on NASA website. I lack not, but do enjoy puzzling some of the images posted here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #7720

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey, Barb! I'm really looking forward to meeting you. Forget Sena for the moment. You must feel a bit ignored in a way!

How are you set for puzzles these days? I do the daily JigZone puzzles, plus some app that gives me a certain number free. Can you grab them off here, or is a PM better?

Cheers!
Sue
Well that certainly wasn't my intention....animal people tend to talk quite a bit about...well...their animals!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #7721

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
Well that certainly wasn't my intention....animal people tend to talk quite a bit about...well...their animals!
Of course it wasn't your intention. Mine either. I do the same, and we're all fascinated by Sena. I just happened to remember new babies getting all the attention and dad and mom none, and the sibling maybe feeling ignored...that sort of thing. Just me freewheeling.

Don't get me started on my cats! ;D

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #7722

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's been a very quite day in the RVMdom. Much more of this and everyone will be caught up!

I was pondering today about the GC @ CL and Jeff had asked for another shameless promotion. The long and short of it - Mutants are gathering at Catherines Landing just outside of Hot Springs Arkansas April 24th - 30th 2014. We have sites available on the lake for $28 a night and access from the lake row for $26 a night. It promises to be big fun.

To register ya need to Call Catherines Landing and make a 1 night deposit. It is fully refundable up to 3 days before the event.

You should also go to our website www.rvmutants.com and under the events tab - fill in the Sign Up Form and the Itinerary Form.

Feel free to offer ideas of any kind using the Contact Us Page.

There is lots of GC @ CL info in the Events area on the site including links to CL and local attractions.

To those of you waiting on me to post info on other Curiosities next year - I still only have 3 or 4 suggestions - and I owe Possum a phone call. I can tell you the suggestions are across the map. It looks like nailing down where folks we be is the big kicker. I am trying to figure out a Time / Space Continuum to assist in that via the site.

Well, gotta run. The roads are good enough my Chinese Delivery guy will be here soon.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
Old 12-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #7723

Quote:
Of course it wasn't your intention. Mine either. I do the same, and we're all fascinated by Sena. I just happened to remember new babies getting all the attention and dad and mom none, and the sibling maybe feeling ignored...that sort of thing. Just me freewheeling. Don't get me started on my cats! ;D Cheers! Sue
So, tell me about your cats.

My son and DIL have 4. They own the house, but allow servants.
I have fun with them, especially Puppy; cat that thinks he is a dog.
4 cats. Hair. Could knit spare cats!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #7724

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

So, tell me about your cats.

My son and DIL have 4. They own the house, but allow servants.
I have fun with them, especially Puppy; cat that thinks he is a dog.
4 cats. Hair. Could knit spare cats!
LOL!
I remember that! Our AC filters would be absolutely felted with their fur when we had kitties. And that was just after one month!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #7725

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post

LOL!
I remember that! Our AC filters would be absolutely felted with their fur when we had kitties. And that was just after one month!
Oh you should have seen ours, we had a huskie and she shed enough for 4 dogs and a cat.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #7726

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

Oh you should have seen ours, we had a huskie and she shed enough for 4 dogs and a cat.

Cheers !!!
Oh yeah. Definitely that could happen!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #7727

Quote:
Don't get me started on my cats! ;D Cheers! Sue
Hay!

Need a good cat ponderance. ;-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #7728

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Hay!

Need a good cat ponderance. ;-)
Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.
Christopher Hitchens