Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #7841

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yep! Oh my, how to choose? Google "japanese hot springs, Ar". Many!
Hooray! I foresee a special outing or 2, and perhaps a little sake or ... what is it? ...Kirin beer.

I'm off to Mr. Google!

Jaa mata!

Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #7842

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

That's what the Wasabi is for. It puts a good taste on the Sashimi, and Sushi. Earlene cannot dip into my soy and Wasabi mix. To hot for her.

Ummm ummm good food.

Down here we use artificial bait for catching those fish we do fry on occasions. No sense wasting good food.
Soy sauce filled with wasabi only hides the flavor of fresh fish. Only a skoshi bit of either should be applied to sashimi. Adding wasabi to soy sauce for sashimi is fine. If your sashimi needs a good taste put on it, it might not be good fish.

With sushi there is a skoshi bit of wasabi between the rice and the fish. A skoshi bit of soy sauce on the fish side of sushi is fine. But not too much. The chef has applied the right amount of wasabi to the sushi so there is really no need to add any to the soy sauce. You can always tell a novice by the amount of rice in their soy sauce.

Liking the taste of wasabi hot soy sauce - is one thing. Paying good money to mask the flavor of high quality, sashimi grade fish is another.

If you don't like the taste of fresh, raw fish - pour some wasabi laden soy sauce on something you do like. JMHO - YMMV - and I sure as heck don't want to get into another discussion of who eats what and how. I do have the above on good authority though. While you can not tell it to look at me now, when I took Aikido as a kid - my name was Skosh.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #7843

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have it good authority - that at the count of 3 - we should all say Happy Birthday
1 ---- 2 --- 3
To Suspinz!

She is a fine lady, a dabbler in many things, and mutant of the highest caliber!

Happy Birthday Sue!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #7844

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Please tell the neighbor when he is shoveling to shovel it all back up to the Canadians. Woo woo! Happy times are coming. Yep! Great to have them, play with them, and when finished hand them back to the parents. Also nice to have them do some of the things your children did and then say, " Pay back!" Are you talkin' to me! Are you talkin' to me! Oh! Forget it, you were talkin' about dave being the wise and gifted one. Ohayō gozaimasu m(_ _)m kenmeikatsu sainou yutaka 1tsu. Sushi ya sashimiha hijixyouni yoku konomare te.
OMG Wayne is an alien.... I knew it.....he is speaking in alien tongue......nanoonanoo!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #7845

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I have it good authority - that at the count of 3 - we should all say Happy Birthday 1 ---- 2 --- 3 To Suspinz! She is a fine lady, a dabbler in many things, and mutant of the highest caliber! Happy Birthday Sue!
Happy happy happy birthday Sue !!!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #7846
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.........you know the rest.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #7847

Quote:
I have it good authority - that at the count of 3 - we should all say Happy Birthday 1 ---- 2 --- 3 To Suspinz! She is a fine lady, a dabbler in many things, and mutant of the highest caliber! Happy Birthday Sue!
Well hey, umm, er, I mean, oh gosh, gee whillikers! Thenkyew!! Now that was a surprise!

It's been a grand day so far, and a few hours left to play. It's wonderful to have friends near and far, some whose faces I know and others whose words I know. That is the best kind of gift.

You don't hafta dust yer friends. Not most of them, at any rate.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #7848

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Soy sauce filled with wasabi only hides the flavor of fresh fish. Only a skoshi bit of either should be applied to sashimi. Adding wasabi to soy sauce for sashimi is fine. If your sashimi needs a good taste put on it, it might not be good fish.

With sushi there is a skoshi bit of wasabi between the rice and the fish. A skoshi bit of soy sauce on the fish side of sushi is fine. But not too much. The chef has applied the right amount of wasabi to the sushi so there is really no need to add any to the soy sauce. You can always tell a novice by the amount of rice in their soy sauce.

Liking the taste of wasabi hot soy sauce - is one thing. Paying good money to mask the flavor of high quality, sashimi grade fish is another.

If you don't like the taste of fresh, raw fish - pour some wasabi laden soy sauce on something you do like. JMHO - YMMV - and I sure as heck don't want to get into another discussion of who eats what and how. I do have the above on good authority though. While you can not tell it to look at me now, when I took Aikido as a kid - my name was Skosh.
Words flow from your keyboard as wisdom from he who knows. Living in Japan for a couple years I can concur with the wisdom and profound insight carefully articulated for those of us that can benefit.
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #7849

While you can not tell it to look at me now, when I took Aikido as a kid - my name was Skosh.[/QUOTE] Skoshi is one of my favorite foreign words, mostly 'cause I can remember it. Especially when someone asks me if I know Japanese. "Just a skoshi bit!" Most of us might have been called Skosh at some period in our lives, eh? Me, it's been a long time ago! Cheers! And Jaa mata! Sue
Old 12-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #7850

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I hear these are making a comeback.
Attachment 51760
Maxwell Smart and Dick Tracy were just men ahead of their time. They knew we'd have cell phones LONG before they were invented. And what about Star Trek's use of what we now call an iPad?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #7851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Well, I'm keyboarded again... with what I'm familiar with. A little stiff, and I still have to program some keys to my liking. Feels good again. Ergo KB retired to the spare stock pile.
What's a Ergo KB? Is it one of them funny ergonomic thingies?

Quote:
I cleaned out that spare bedroom and threw away some coded KBs. Coulda used one of them instead of buying an Ergo one that I couldn't get used to.

I tend to keep everything, but had a moment of weakness when I had the whole house painted.
Don't feel bad, shipped off 25lbs of old ISA motherboards and expansion cards to the recycler for disposal. Surprised I got a $25.00 check in the mail two weeks later for my share of the recovered metals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
thank y'all is was a big weight off my shoulders . got mad today a campground told me that my service dog was not allowed at there camp ground because of her breed. I informed them they can't deny her because of her breed. then my DW called them and laid in to them and told them to look up the law. then they said we can come but they are full. but they told me they had a lot of spots open. I'm so mad.
Sorry for the rant it just gets under my skin.
Unfortunately Intelligence isn't contagious; often has to be taught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
they are a real nice camp ground. and they are going to call us tomorrow. I just get so mad that people just don't know the breed. they watch the news and think all pit bulls are mean and will turn on you. which is so un true. I have had over 100 pit bulls in my life. a lot of them I saved from pit fighting rings. and all of them but one went to good homes some with kids. and never had a problem. and the one was so sick we kep him for years till he died. and I wish this camp ground no ill will. we will teach them the law with out a lot of bad words or the lawyer. so next time they will not ask.
Blame the media, they do tend to focus on pit bull incidents, and once they have their teeth into one they don't want to let it go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I spent the day up in the mountains today.

Attachment 51470
WHY? Don't you have enough snow at home already?

Quote:
Inquiring minds need to know. Why some of Mutant avatars are different?
Well, originally, two different ones were presented...I think.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #7852

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
You Two are certifiably Mutated !!!!

Raw fish .... .... battered and deep fried or grilled .... .... but on a different note:

My Amish cooling unit has landed in Phoenix and I will be picking that up today, sadly my small parts, ie: the new heaters, new fans and new fan control have not yet made it or have just made it past Nashville, so I still have to wait a bit longer before I can get my fridgerator back into operation, but progress is afoot:

So a ponderance comes to mind, why is it they ship the major piece separately from the minor pieces but all the pieces should be together so you can do the proper install, a curious mind wishes to know.

Cheers !!!
Might be dropped shipped (as opposed to drop kicked) from different manufactures.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #7853

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm late to the party as usual. I had a PT appt in town, but had to take my friend's Ford Explorer as there was snow on their very steep driveway. That SUV has more touch screens, gadgets and gizmos on it than I've ever seen. They're going to make it so us old fogey s won't be able to drive new cars if this keeps up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #7854

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Fellow Mutants - Ponder this off another thread...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/new-r...ml#post1840246
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote