Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #7883

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey y'all! Thanks for all the good wishes. Lunch w/ my DH at a rather posh place, dinner w/ the spinners & weavers guild, driving on ice after dark w/o incident...all seems fine on my bit of the rainbow. My mutant friends are the icing on my cake.

Which reminds me, I forgot to bake myself a cake!

Cheers,
Sue, who is no longer 70. Another hill topped!
Happy birthday Dear Sue, Just to let you know for 5 days every year we are the same age. I turn the 7 0 next December.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #7884
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Originally Posted by okmunky
I'm late to the party as usual. I had a PT appt in town, but had to take my friend's Ford Explorer as there was snow on their very steep driveway. That SUV has more touch screens, gadgets and gizmos on it than I've ever seen. They're going to make it so us old fogey s won't be able to drive new cars if this keeps up.

They almost drive themselves. Everything in my new truck can practically be operated by voice control.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #7885

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Originally Posted by okmunky
I'm late to the party as usual. I had a PT appt in town, but had to take my friend's Ford Explorer as there was snow on their very steep driveway. That SUV has more touch screens, gadgets and gizmos on it than I've ever seen. They're going to make it so us old fogey s won't be able to drive new cars if this keeps up.

They almost drive themselves. Everything in my new truck can practically be operated by voice control.
Leaves people with nothing to do but text and talk on their phone.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #7886

Fleetwood Owners Club
The best and worst news.

The best--New grand dauther 6 lbs 14 oz 19 inches, she looks like Grampa!

The worst-- Grampa came down and still has a fever. I saw Ms Ella Kate through the glass and was then sent home. Family all taking turns sending me pictures of them holding her just to cheer me up.

Here is proud daddy and Ms Ella Kate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	51836  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #7887

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
The best and worst news. The best--New grand dauther 6 lbs 14 oz 19 inches, she looks like Grampa! The worst-- Grampa came down and still has a fever. I saw Ms Ella Kate through the glass and was then sent home. Family all taking turns sending me pictures of them holding her just to cheer me up. Here is proud daddy and Ms Ella Kate
Cheers for Ella Kate!

Prayers for Grandpa
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #7888

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim - now that there is a shiny new mutant if I ever saw one! Congratulations to the family!

Now feed that fever. You need a clean bill of health so you can wait in line to hold that Grand. No fun looking through a window with fevered brow.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #7889

happy birthday Sue hope it was a great one.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #7890

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats Tim! Get better! You have spoiling duties awaiting!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #7891

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Journey

The journey is made better by grandkids! Congratulations Tim.

Let the spoiling begin!

Happy belated birthday to Sue.

We've been somewhat incommunicado lately. Too many things going on but the highlight reel is :
Mrs. Muddypaws has had two recent surgeries to remove breast canncer. The first was not 100% clear so they removed a bigger chunk. Successfully. She will be starting radiation and/or chemo as the oncologists orders. This is her second go-round in 10 years. Ladies, I you're taking an aromatase inhibitor (such as Aremidex or Tamoxifen) as part of your long term treatment you might want to think about taking it longer than 5 years. They now recommend 10 years, and sometimes indefinately. This is the first year in a long time that we're not hosting Christmas Eve at our S&B house.

We've got the Bounder out of storage and are going on a short trip this weekend to host a Christmas Dinner for our RV club. Then again right after Christmas for a week or so. The change in scenery will do us good.

It's finally warming up here! There was no ice on my car this morning. Woo Hoo! But I'm still wearing the heaviest coat I own.

About the Y2K thing happening to our mutant thread here:

Not likely. The post number may not even be stored in the database, but if it is it's probably a single precision interger. Things may get squirrelly when we pass post # 32767. At the rate posts pile up here that won't be a problem for about another year. But only IF it's a stored interger value. Maybe by then we'll have our own multi-threaded forum?
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #7892

Monaco Owners Club
Tim - congratulations! That's a fine looking mutant girl child. I hope your fever/illness passes quickly and you are able visit with Ella Kate.

Mrs. Muddypaws - sending healing thoughts your way. It sounds like you are on your way to recovery. Enjoy your travels!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #7893

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Tim congrats to you and the family Miss Ella Kate is ready to be programmed by Grandpa to begin mutation. She is a beauty!!! Hurry up and get well cause she needs bonding time with her grandpa before grandma steals all your thunder.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #7894

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
The journey is made better by grandkids! Congratulations Tim. Let the spoiling begin! Happy belated birthday to Sue. We've been somewhat incommunicado lately. Too many things going on but the highlight reel is : Mrs. Muddypaws has had two recent surgeries to remove breast canncer. The first was not 100% clear so they removed a bigger chunk. Successfully. She will be starting radiation and/or chemo as the oncologists orders. This is her second go-round in 10 years. Ladies, I you're taking an aromatase inhibitor (such as Aremidex or Tamoxifen) as part of your long term treatment you might want to think about taking it longer than 5 years. They now recommend 10 years, and sometimes indefinately. This is the first year in a long time that we're not hosting Christmas Eve at our S&B house. We've got the Bounder out of storage and are going on a short trip this weekend to host a Christmas Dinner for our RV club. Then again right after Christmas for a week or so. The change in scenery will do us good. It's finally warming up here! There was no ice on my car this morning. Woo Hoo! But I'm still wearing the heaviest coat I own. About the Y2K thing happening to our mutant thread here: Not likely. The post number may not even be stored in the database, but if it is it's probably a single precision interger. Things may get squirrelly when we pass post # 32767. At the rate posts pile up here that won't be a problem for about another year. But only IF it's a stored interger value. Maybe by then we'll have our own multi-threaded forum?
Prayers from us to you and Ms. Muddypaws! Your Mutant family will be praying for quick and complete remission never to return again!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #7895

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
No worries - there's room on the rainbow for all of us, vegetarian, omnivore, carnivore. My favorite food is carrot cake!
Mmmm!!!! Me too! unfortunately...gluten has been unkind to my tummy the last few years and I don't get to partake of carrot cake much anymore.... :(
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #7896

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
See, as a mutant I should not be expected to know that...about those fancy phones, eh?. I'm still upset that they made me get a phone with push buttons last year...

HEY, why don't they make a "cell phone thingy" that has a proper rotary dial like a phone should have anyway?
Bet there is an app for that...lol