Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #8401

Monaco Owners Club
Unfortunately, we are sick too. Our five year old grand kid has pneumonia, we are all coughing and hacking and one of the birds took a chomp on Mary's finger.

Ohhhmmmm feeling better Ohhhmmmm

We've gotta get better - RVM 0 is coming!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #8402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
What say I? Hmmm..well I say I won't have my full set of surgical stainless cookware, which I loved and had many years but for the last 3 mos have been using my cast iron frying pans and managing very well indeed.... I really don't have and don't need a lot of things, as far as the RV goes, if I take anything more out (plan to remove dinette and replace with desk, ( from house) top bunk is out ,the chesterfield might go too ... ) these are all things I can do without, if I remove anything else it would be the wheels! I am so bare bones in the RV and very bare bones in my daily living I am already missing nothing (except knowledge, and some days what I know I know,is inconveniently missing..) Thank goodness for this forum, good reference point... SO, sadly ,if you want more things I do not miss I don't have anything, I am already down to needs only, and my only 'want' is to hit the road ... travel the Rainbow knowing the Journey IS the destination... And so, what I say is, all things considered, is it even possible I was a mutant BEFORE I got my RV.... ? (ass backwards remember)
This is grand, Enokie!
You are RVM65 with all rights and privledges!!!!

Just wondering. Got rope lights?

Welcome to RVMdom! Grab a hunk of rainbow.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #8403

Welcome Enokie

Welcome to the group from the no longer "newest" member.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #8404

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Unfortunately, we are sick too. Our five year old grand kid has pneumonia, we are all coughing and hacking and one of the birds took a chomp on Mary's finger. Ohhhmmmm feeling better Ohhhmmmm We've gotta get better - RVM 0 is coming!
Oh I am so sorry you're all sickies! 'Tain't no fun any time of the year, but always seems worse at holiday time. Your grand is going to be okay?

And that bird, bless its little cotton socks, hasn't become pillow stuffin'? (No, I know you love your birds and accept that some are prone to such stunts.) How's Mary?

Cheers and Ohhhhmms....
Sue
Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #8405

Monaco Owners Club
The bird is on Mary's naughty list. He was not nice! Anjo is our Houdini bird - he has escaped from every cage he's ever been in. He escaped today and didn't want to go back in his cage. When Mary put his food dish in he expressed his displeasure. Mary's poor finger is swollen and sore. I think she was ready to forgo being vegetarian for the night. Anjo was threatened with becoming parrot fricassee.

Grand kid Ethan is getting better. This is his third bout of pneumonia this year. We got so frustrated with the doctors. He had a fever for eleven days before they would give him antibiotics.

Our Dalmatian is sick, too, with a bladder infection. He's on antibiotics along with Ethan.

You can say a lot of things about our family, except for boring. We are never boring...
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #8406

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Checkin' in to say Season's Greetings.
Welcome to the newest RVM's.
I just wrote a reply which got lost somewhere when I hit submit. That is about the 6th time that has happened to me. And usually I just go away for a couple days when that occurs. Tonight I am exercising patience, and trying to stay on long enough to have my reply submitted. I dunno why this happens, and wonder does this happen to others or am I singled out?
Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #8407

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well that went one went to the right place. Sympathy to all the sickies out there! Have any of you ever tried homeopathy? Twice I have fended off serious colds this year with the little pills under the tongue. It works!
Next thing is antibiotics, they are good when you need them, lots of lives saved with the use of them. But they have been overprescribed in the past, which is why they don't give them too fast anymore. I am sorry for your sick kid. That is so hard to deal with.
Bambi doesn't take antibiotics, or hormones or eat GMO's. As far as meat goes, deer summer sausage is yummy, and probably not as bad for you as feedlot beef.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #8408

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Well that went one went to the right place. Sympathy to all the sickies out there! Have any of you ever tried homeopathy? Twice I have fended off serious colds this year with the little pills under the tongue. It works!
Next thing is antibiotics, they are good when you need them, lots of lives saved with the use of them. But they have been overprescribed in the past, which is why they don't give them too fast anymore. I am sorry for your sick kid. That is so hard to deal with.
Bambi doesn't take antibiotics, or hormones or eat GMO's. As far as meat goes, deer summer sausage is yummy, and probably not as bad for you as feedlot beef.
Judy.... I see that you have a westie. Too..... Mine is 13 months old, my second one.

Also i understand deer is good for you, but ate too much of it with ex husband.... Bad tadte for both... Lol... New DH doesnt hunt....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #8409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
what a rainbow I'm sick but wanted to stop in and say hello to all my RVM family
Mutants are not allowed to get sick. Musta been gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I believe Santa has to be the true, one and only RVM#0. His sleigh has no roof, no TV, no wheels, no... and since he hasn't added them in all these how ever many decades, I think we can safely assume he doesn't miss them. And who else is better at making the journey his destination than Santa?

What say ye Dave and Steve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Well, Barb, let's see here....

Santa....

Has a recreational vehicle and is used for one annual business trip. Check.

There are many RV options that his rig does not have, but he does not need. Check.

Santa truly make an awesome Journey each year, and it is his only Destination. Check.

Okay, okay!

I guess it is pretty clear that Santa's rig does not have FBP nor swirls and wooshes on the sides, no satelite dish, lawn chairs, patio mat, and most important, no rope lights.

And the way he flys around, it is obvious that he rides the rainbow, and probably has a better view of it than any of us.

Okay. Good enough!

Santa, I declare you to be RVM0, with all privledges. WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

Can we expect you at the GC@CL? Guest speaker job in it for ya!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Santa has a built in GPS. It's been in his head forever. And........ he has a list.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #8410

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Are all Canadian RVers mutants? Is there something in the air up there?Or does the govt hand out free RVs to mutants only?
No, but there is something in the water. Hide:

Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #8411

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Checkin' in to say Season's Greetings.
Welcome to the newest RVM's.
I just wrote a reply which got lost somewhere when I hit submit. That is about the 6th time that has happened to me. And usually I just go away for a couple days when that occurs. Tonight I am exercising patience, and trying to stay on long enough to have my reply submitted. I dunno why this happens, and wonder does this happen to others or am I singled out?
It's happened to me, but it was probably my fault. Do this: Hit ctrl A and ctrl C. That way it will be in your computer memory. I usually do that for a long post.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #8412

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

It's happened to me, but it was probably my fault. Do this: Hit ctrl A and ctrl C. That way it will be in your computer memory. I usually do that for a long post.
Excellent suggestion. When using the iPhone and a post gets long I copy before hitting send - except when I don't - and that's when it happens...

Merry Christmas Mike!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #8413

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

No, but there is something in the water. Hide:
And some of em have rattlesnakes.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #8414

Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I pop 4 aspirin every 4 hours and it usually knocks it out. I do have a high tolerance for most meds. Plants manufacturer their own form of aspirin to ward off disease. It's really a wonder drug.