Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #8443

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Yep Tim the rain is here too. Ugh. Been coming down since midnight or thereabouts. Think it is on the menu for most of the day. Enjoy your day!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #8444
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Btw - what month does the Big Red Bucket Rattlesnake Roundup open for business?
It usually begins when it starts getting hot here. I'm told, they can smell water and are attracted to my underground sprinkler system or possibly the pool. I never had one in 9 rears of living here. Then BAM! Waitin for the locusts to fly overhead then I'm outta here!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #8445

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post

Rope lights?? heard of them don't know what they are for...

I don't even have hoses!!(Water) the prev owners took all the good stuff as they are upgrading and need the genny, hoses etc. but I got a great deal $wise
it doesn't leak no wet and maintained roof, big tanks and solid underbelly which has been spray insulated.
Please do tell of these rope lights... I thought they were decorations...no?

Where to purchase?

I have to be a mutant, I need things I do not have... A-Backwards..
Don't do it! You certainly don't need rope lights to be mutant. I don't do rope lights...
Old 12-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #8446

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Merry Christmas all you mutants! I have been spending most of my time on a different forum recently where I found a gentleman who was at the factory at the same time as our new rig was being built. This complete stranger sent us over 60 pictures and 15 minutes of video of our RV during the construction process. The kindness and generosity of RV'ers never ceases to amaze me. We will be travelling to Memphis next week to pick it up.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #8447

GC@CL

I just made our reservations, GC@CL yes DH I really did.....we did discuss it, remember?

Now I just need to fine pontoons for our RV, this rain as Tim said is solid.... think it is almost to 3 inches. But I live on a hill top....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #8448

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl
Merry Christmas all you mutants! I have been spending most of my time on a different forum recently where I found a gentleman who was at the factory at the same time as our new rig was being built. This complete stranger sent us over 60 pictures and 15 minutes of video of our RV during the construction process. The kindness and generosity of RV'ers never ceases to amaze me. We will be travelling to Memphis next week to pick it up.
RVM0 was good to you this year! Remember, pics or it didn't happen!! Congratulations and holiday cheer your way!!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #8449

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I just made our reservations, GC@CL yes DH I really did.....we did discuss it, remember? Now I just need to fine pontoons for our RV, this rain as Tim said is solid.... think it is almost to 3 inches. But I live on a hill top....
Diwizi what space# did you get so I can put you on my sheet?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #8450

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

RVM0 was good to you this year! Remember, pics or it didn't happen!! Congratulations and holiday cheer your way!!
RVM2
Weather permitting we will pick it up on 12/30. This rig will have everything we want, and won't have anything that we don't want and/or need. Does that make this the perfect RVM rig???? Or is there such a thing?
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #8451

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Don't do it! You certainly don't need rope lights to be mutant. I don't do rope lights...
Thanks for the tip, I cannot afford to do them right now, as you can see I need more important things ... also I have seen somewhere about PVC? pipe for sewer line, isn't it sort of stiff? Looking for a new sewer line eventually, what to look for in the search? someone mentioned caps... ?? send me some sturdy info or a link on best hook up material

I could put rope lights around it to warn folks not to touch!!
is it ok to ask for serious advice here or best to hop off the rainbow to
'just the facts m'am' land??

Poked my nose outside this AM and it is a balmy -25 C... (32 F) lookin' for the 'suit' Santas , that is..
Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #8452

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Happy Solstice to All!!

Quoting Wiki; "Winter Solstice is an astronomical phenomenon occurring in December every year when Sun's elevation with respect to Earth reaches its lowest value (-25.5 degrees). It is accompanied by the longest day on South Pole and the longest night on North Pole of Earth. In 2013, it occurs at 17:11 UTC on December 21"

So, for some of you it will feel like the coldest night of the year, and with good reason

For others...like myself I will be partaking in: "Worldwide, interpretation of the event has varied from culture to culture, but many cultures have held a recognition of rebirth, involving holidays, festivals, gatherings, rituals or other celebrations around that time." Two of the 3 parties I'm attending tonight are specifically celebrating the Winter Solstice. However. I will have fond thoughts of you all and hope you'll have happy celebrations, and good cheer in the days to come!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #8453

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Well... the snow is about 3 inches deeper. <sigh>

Twas the night before Christmas...and everyone was feeling Mary... and she liked it!!
That is why I like to Eat Drink and be Mary!
Old 12-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #8454

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Les, are you sure those were Rattle Snakes and not someones Rope lights?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #8455

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
Quoting Wiki; "Winter Solstice is an astronomical phenomenon occurring in December every year when Sun's elevation with respect to Earth reaches its lowest value (-25.5 degrees). It is accompanied by the longest day on South Pole and the longest night on North Pole of Earth. In 2013, it occurs at 17:11 UTC on December 21"

So, for some of you it will feel like the coldest night of the year, and with good reason

For others...like myself I will be partaking in: "Worldwide, interpretation of the event has varied from culture to culture, but many cultures have held a recognition of rebirth, involving holidays, festivals, gatherings, rituals or other celebrations around that time." Two of the 3 parties I'm attending tonight are specifically celebrating the Winter Solstice. However. I will have fond thoughts of you all and hope you'll have happy celebrations, and good cheer in the days to come!
to paraphrase)

Ahhh, cold the day -27C and colder still the night .... hope it doesn't get as bad as last weekend! (-41*C)
However, it is the beginning of longer days, one minute a day I am told, so at the end of January we shall have 30 odd more minutes of daylight... for me it means more light to see the SNOW...
You my friend, shall have more dark in which to observe your winter solstice rituals..
may they ALL be Merry and Bright...
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #8456

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
That is why I like to Eat Drink and be Mary!
Into cross dressing are you??

Fellow Mutants, all kidding aside.

Denise and I are off to Port Coquitlam in the lower mainland for a couple of days of family partying and then back on the Island and up to Campbell River for Christmas and Boxing Day for more family partying. I have no idea of when i will be back online until we get back home.

Please enjoy yourselves and each other.

Merry Christmas, Happy Solitice, Celebrate Festivus, Happy Chanukah or whatever else you celebrate.

Hoping RVM#0 is good to you!

Happy New Year from the gang at our house.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote