Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #9031

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Cliff and Wayne that was the problem. Clogged drain. Now I got to get this floor dry before it mildews. Thanks for the help guys.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #9032
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Thanks Cliff and Wayne that was the problem. Clogged drain. Now I got to get this floor dry before it mildews. Thanks for the help guys.
Happy to help. Glad it was that simple.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #9033

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Dunner, we have to talk! I love lemon cream pie! I make lemon curd and then fold it into whipped cream. I make an angel pie crust - it's like crunchy clouds - and pile the lemon filling into the crust. Chill, garnish with lemon zest and slices of candied lemons - pure heaven. And then there's the chocolate version, that has pecan pieces in the angel crust...garnished with chocolate curls and toasted pecans. I'm hungry!
Stop! You've made me drool on the phone!

So, talk to me about angel crust, please! Is there any chance if a gluten free version? Gotta know! Lemon is a favorite in this house, too, but I didn't know about lemon cream, just the meringue type.

Mmm-mmmmm! I just bought some Meyer lemons, so need to decide what yummy thing to do with them first.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #9034

Party? After 9pm? Are you kidding?!!

Sorry Barb, but there's nothing worth watching here, even vicariously. We may have a couple of friends in for a while instead, but we're all early-to-bed types.

I'd love to have done an evening kayak paddle, but it's too cold yet for that. We'll wait for a full moon and a warmer night.

There will be fireworks from the end of Naples Pier, probably pretty spectacular. The beach will be crowded! Imagine the view from any of the waterfront mansions! There's your visual for tonight--no big head resulting.

Happy New Year to all!
Sue
Old 12-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #9035

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have some rather sad somewhat disturbing news to report. Today I went upstairs to check over the house since we had 9 out of state guest stay with us this past weekend. DW had given them our bathroom scale so those that were flying could weigh their luggage. The house looked in great shape, beds stripped and bedclothes in laundry, thermostat reset to previous setting, bathrooms good and clean. I picked up scale to return it downstairs to its proper place.

Here is what I discovered, after placing the scale back in place I stepped on scale. I don't know how, but they somehow made my scales weigh 25 lbs heavy! Now contemplateing if I'll have them back. I think they got in my closet too and shrunk my clothes.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #9036
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim,
A lesson to be learned. Never hang clothes in a dark closet. They will shrink.

That's my story and i'm sticking to it. As for the scale, just turn the little wheel on the bottom until it reads what you want it to read then you will weigh your bantam weight.

Works for me. I also tell the doctor's office to deduct 6 pounds for my clothing even when I'm wearing my summer clothes and be slippers.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #9037
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Stop! You've made me drool on the phone!

So, talk to me about angel crust, please! Is there any chance if a gluten free version? Gotta know! Lemon is a favorite in this house, too, but I didn't know about lemon cream, just the meringue type.

Mmm-mmmmm! I just bought some Meyer lemons, so need to decide what yummy thing to do with them first.

Cheers!
Sue
My friend here in TC (Yes I do have one) has a Meyer lemon tree in his back yard so we get plenty of lemons. Earlene will extract the juices and freeze them in an ice cube container. When she needs some juice for cooking she will nuke them in the microwave just enough to have them melt and use the juice.

$.10 please.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #9038

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I have some rather sad somewhat disturbing news to report. Today I went upstairs to check over the house since we had 9 out of state guest stay with us this past weekend. DW had given them our bathroom scale so those that were flying could weigh their luggage. The house looked in great shape, beds stripped and bedclothes in laundry, thermostat reset to previous setting, bathrooms good and clean. I picked up scale to return it downstairs to its proper place. Here is what I discovered, after placing the scale back in place I stepped on scale. I don't know how, but they somehow made my scales weigh 25 lbs heavy! Now contemplateing if I'll have them back. I think they got in my closet too and shrunk my clothes.
Tim has the scale fairy been playing tricks on you too? She visited my magic carpet this week too!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #9039

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
When the boss lady's S&B had a water leak the restoration company used a huge vacuum to suck up as much water as possible, then they lifted the carpet at 2 sides and placed fans to blow thru the carpet for 3 days. They pulled up and tossed the carpet pad, saying that type (looked sorta like a course felt) would not dry properly. Once it was all dry they re-stretched the carpet.

That was for a major leak. Hopefully yours isn't that bad. If it squishes I would lift the carpet after using a shopvac to suck out as much water as possible. Fans for sure until its all dry.

Good luck! I know what your New Years Eve plans are now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #9040

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Herb - Glad you found your leak to be a simple thing! Do you have a small wet vac. Been thinking of getting one - but don't want a monster but do want power.:. Any ideas?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #9041

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Never heard of Meyer lemons. How are they different from the Sunkist variety?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #9042

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Herb - Glad you found your leak to be a simple thing! Do you have a small wet vac. Been thinking of getting one - but don't want a monster but do want power.:. Any ideas?
Steve I started out with a 1.5 gallon Shopvac Hangon. It was cheap, powerful enough to pick up anything Sena dropped, but the hose that came with it was a joke. I took the ends off the hose with me to Home Depot and found some spa hose that fit. The 6' of hose cost almost as much as the vac.

I have since replaced it with this

InterVac Black Hang/Flush Mount Vacuum System - Vacuum Systems - Vacuum Systems - RV Appliances

In the built-in style, the power unit goes in the basement and inside the coach there is only a plug-in for the hose. The installation was a breeze. It only took me 2 hours, most of that was spent wrestling with my mattress. I was surprised by the amount of suction from such a small power unit and the tools are really good quality.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #9043

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Steve I started out with a 1.5 gallon Shopvac Hangon. It was cheap, powerful enough to pick up anything Sena dropped, but the hose that came with it was a joke. I took the ends off the hose with me to Home Depot and found some spa hose that fit. The 6' of hose cost almost as much as the vac.

I have since replaced it with this

InterVac Black Hang/Flush Mount Vacuum System - Vacuum Systems - Vacuum Systems - RV Appliances

In the built-in style, the power unit goes in the basement and inside the coach there is only a plug-in for the hose. The installation was a breeze. It only took me 2 hours, most of that was spent wrestling with my mattress. I was surprised by the amount of suction from such a small power unit and the tools are really good quality.
For a vacuum, we have the built in - that comes on when the hose is plugged into a floor connection. It works surprisingly well for dirt and carpet
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-335870471.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	52928
But if I had water in the carpet I would need something else. May be a way to retro fit but would like to be able to rinse hose out to dry if icky leak from toilet etc double

Scratching my head... Btw - snooze fest here for New Years Eve.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #9044

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Tim has the scale fairy been playing tricks on you too? She visited my magic carpet this week too!
May bring a whole new meaning to the phrase " I'll be rolling in early to the GC@CL"

Got to get in shape, you know the Olympics start soon!