Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #9059

Workhorse Chassis Owner
And a very Happy new year to all the mutees!
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #9060

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
And a very Happy new year to all the mutees!
Thanks Ray.
Best wishes on your recovery!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #9061

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Don, we are planning to go the motel route for our trip. You are correct it is not a good time to travel with 5er in tow.
I too love just about anything lemon, used to eat them with a bit of salt when much younger, doubt I could do that anymore. Lemon water is the best drink. Since I don't drink booze or sodas or beer or much of anything really besides coffee and water. It is part of my life change to try to be more conscious of what I consume. But I still eat bad stuff now and then. Just not as much as I used to.
Warm lemon water (real lemons mind you) no sugar, is so good (you can add steevia if you must) however, one of the good things about lemon water is it helps to clean out the liver, and that is a bonus for sure!!

Works cold too, but ice is hard on the body, better to chill glasses and drinks in the fridge rather than use ice...
I am sure many of you know this already, but here it is again, hot tea will cool your body faster in hot weather than any cold drink... it's true, try it when it gets hot out, works for me..
Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #9062

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie
..... (you can add steevia if you must)
Saw my doctor yesterday and he said I'd have to see a doctor in New Mexico for that.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #9063

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I've been told that Norwegians eat their dessert first.

Norwegians eat dessert first. Are you a ... | #CruiseLikeaNorwegian

I eat what I want, when I want.

You must be a closet Buddhist,.. Buddha said to 'Eat when hungry ..Sleep when tired' I find myself being more Buddha -like the older I get ..
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #9064

Monaco Owners Club
Buddha is better than Marjorine!!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #9065

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Saw my doctor yesterday and he said I'd have to see a doctor in New Mexico for that.
Steevia is a plant, you can buy it in bags or boxes (forget which) at the local grocery here. (Sobeys) and you can grow your own and just dry the leaves and add... my friend has it growing in her kitchen...

Surely you can find it at a health food store in the States???

I can send you a box if you want ...(no calories and no side effects, not like beet or cane sugar ... is sweet tho and we use it in cooking.. our Dr's recommend it especially for diabetics as it does not damage the body like reg sugar...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #9066

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post

Yep gonna do that but gotta get this excess water out first then bring in a commercial de- humidifier and fan....fun fun fun. Barb and I, 2 labs and equipment grrrrrrr.
Sorry you're having to deal with that mess, you'll have really clean carpet for the new year! ;-)
Old 12-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #9067

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Yep gonna do that but gotta get this excess water out first then bring in a commercial de- humidifier and fan....fun fun fun. Barb and I, 2 labs and equipment grrrrrrr.
Herb: Run the AC's, they will work against the heaters but they will remove a lot of water. My heaters will over ride the AC's so the MH will stay warm. Remember if you pick up the water with fans, you will need to get rid of the humidity or it will go into your paneling.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable night. We will be in bed around 10:00 PM - we're going to stay up late.

I sure would like to be in Philly tomorrow to see the Mummers parade.

I wish everyone a blessed and prosperous 1914.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #9068

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post

Herb: Run the AC's, they will work against the heaters but they will remove a lot of water. My heaters will over ride the AC's so the MH will stay warm. Remember if you pick up the water with fans, you will need to get rid of the humidity or it will go into your panaling.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable night. We will be in bed around 10:00 PM - we're going to stay up late.

I sure would like to be in Philly tomorrow to see the Mummers parade.

I wish everyone a blessed and prosperous 1914.
Yep, a/c and heater makes a great dehumidifier. I think we all fight our normal humidity every day in our glorified boxes.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #9069

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Tim has the scale fairy been playing tricks on you too? She visited my magic carpet this week too!
That scale fairy got the boot 20 years ago, the tricks that were played! Outrageous.~

Now I use a belt, as long as the pin fits in the same hole. I am good to go, had to replace the belt tho, wore it out, so now I have one with elastic in the back so the leather front part wont need so many holes drilled in it because as you get closer to the end you finally find out it is 'worn out'...

I also learned I didn't gain weight, just inches here and there...!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #9070

Fleetwood Owners Club
Herb, wish I had something witty and side aching funny to say about your water situation, but you know, there is just nothing funny about it!

Guess it could be worse. You'll have a good campfire story once all returns to normal.

Happy New Years!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #9071

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie

Steevia is a plant, you can buy it in bags or boxes (forget which) at the local grocery here. (Sobeys) and you can grow your own and just dry the leaves and add... my friend has it growing in her kitchen...

Surely you can find it at a health food store in the States???

I can send you a box if you want ...(no calories and no side effects, not like beet or cane sugar ... is sweet tho and we use it in cooking.. our Dr's recommend it especially for diabetics as it does not damage the body like reg sugar...
Ha! I am familiar - just a play on words - AND I was in no way recommending the other...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #9072

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So you know what works? To get the water? Sham Wow. Really, they do absorb a LOT of liquid. I use them to get the water out of our trusty swamp cooler, when I clean it. Much better than the towels, just have a bucket and keep wringing the Sham Wow towels out into the bucket. Then I would see about renting a dehumidifier from some rental place. Or buy a small one from Amazon. Or Sears? maybe they sell them too.