Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #9269

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I second that.... We spent all last July on the Oregon Coast... I am ready to move up there. Loved it.
Uh, you'd rethink moving if you were up here today, Diane. The day started off beautiful. Sunny, for the first time in weeks! So I decided to clean out a flower bed. I was outside for about a half hour pulling weeds, cutting back dead mums, gathering leaves, you know -- really having a productive session, when the wind picked up. Back into the house for a jacket, winter hat and gloves. After another half hour the wind was roaring thru the river canyon so me and my drippy nose decided it was enough for today. Twenty minutes after I get back inside the skies opened up and the rain began to pour. And by 4:30 it will be dark.

This is an ideal place to spend summers, the days are long sunny and dry -- but they can keep it from Oct thru June. That's when I normally head south in search of sunny skies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #9270

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Okay Muteys I just got an email from Cindy at Quachita whatever ( the zip line place) asking me to call her. Apparently she got my email from CL. Anyway I called her and we discussed at length her having a group of STM's come and zip across the tree tops. Here is what I learned:

The options are 2,4, or 7 zip lines.
Price is $45/person for 2 zips, $65/person for 4 zips and $95/person for 7 zips. She offers a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more on the 4 and 7 zips only.

She said the first two zips are an easy grade for everyone. From there the 3 and 4 zips are about a 30 % grade to climb and about half the way up is vertical then the other half is across the mountain face. She said it is a climb but not really bad. The remaining zips require a steep vertical climb but the zips are almost back to back. The guides take groups of no more than 10 at a time.

Now here is a catch..... They are open by appointment only because her guides have full time jobs elsewhere. She has asked that we try to schedule on either Sat. Or Tues. so she can have enough guides on hand to accommodate a group of 10 or more but I told her we wouldn't know for sure how many may participate until
right before.

So Steve since your building the schedule of events you can take it from here. I told her I would email her in about 30-45 days and let her know about how many may participate.

Okay I'm done!
31 on the side
Old 01-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #9271

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by huntnski Alright Herb and Wayne coming up early, looks like a firewood crew in the making, anyone know how to run a skidder or splitter? lol Actually I should have quit a bite of firewood to haul over already cut and split!

Posted by Wayne
I'm the stacking judge and placement judge. I'll sit back and tell you what to do (or where to go.)

Judging could be tough!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2764185488.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	53129

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-659348445.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	53128
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #9272

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Originally Posted by huntnski Alright Herb and Wayne coming up early, looks like a firewood crew in the making, anyone know how to run a skidder or splitter? lol Actually I should have quit a bite of firewood to haul over already cut and split! Posted by Wayne I'm the stacking judge and placement judge. I'll sit back and tell you what to do (or where to go.) Judging could be tough!
Hey Tim that works for cause I'm allergic to Manuel!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #9273

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post

Now Martha:
If no one will give you a ride in a better chariot, have no fear we will. If you don't mind riding in an "older" vehicle. Our toad, at present, is a 1995 Plymouth mini van and we're bringing it with us as we don't know were else we may be going on this outing.

Lol! You do see the age of my RV don't you? Appreciate your generosity!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #9274

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tim, if the firewood got stacked like either of those however would anyone be able to take any off to burn it? I guess it goes to show that art can be found in everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #9275

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tim, if the firewood got stacked like either of those however would anyone be able to take any off to burn it? I guess it goes to show that art can be found in everything.
Lol oh yeah just hook a tow rope into it and tug on it with a Jeep ... it can be accomplished ...

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #9276

Quote:
Uh, you'd rethink moving if you were up here today, Diane. The day started off beautiful. Sunny, for the first time in weeks! So I decided to clean out a flower bed. I was outside for about a half hour pulling weeds, cutting back dead mums, gathering leaves, you know -- really having a productive session, when the wind picked up. Back into the house for a jacket, winter hat and gloves. After another half hour the wind was roaring thru the river canyon so me and my drippy nose decided it was enough for today. Twenty minutes after I get back inside the skies opened up and the rain began to pour. And by 4:30 it will be dark. This is an ideal place to spend summers, the days are long sunny and dry -- but they can keep it from Oct thru June. That's when I normally head south in search of sunny skies.

Really... Warm? We never took our hoodies off in July, the whole month the highest on the coast that we had was 63.... Used to over 100 plus high humidity here in Arkansas. I loved it, DH was cold.... But did have lots of fog and some rain..... Started in Astoria and worked our way south... Some state parks, some private, ended up at Brookings in city rv on water. Loved each place we stayed..... Of course we are having record lows as is every place. Expected to go down to 11 degrees on Sunday night. Shame we arent leaving for Florida for another week..... April in Arkansas will be nice, Spring will be in full spring......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #9277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
.... Shame we arent leaving for Florida for another week..... April in Arkansas will be nice, Spring will be in full spring......
Diane, curious minds need to know: where in FL will you be headed? We are in far SW FL, between Naples and Marco Island, to be more precise. Is a micro-curiosity possible?

If other mutants are headed our way, please keep us posted...oh! Are we to put those on the private website?

April in AR can, indeed, be glorious. Can hardly wait!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #9278

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Diane,

The Pacific ocean is like a frig, it keeps everything within a quarter to a half mile chilled. The further you back away from it, the nicer the weather. I was so disappointed the first time I put my feet in those waters -- they froze almost immediately. Not at all like the water on the Texas Gulf Coast where we vacationed when I was a kid.

I've spent the last 3 summers in Seattle and southern WA and the weather there is what I described. My preference for weather is shorts and T-shirts 80% of the time and never needing to run the A/C. That's what I find inland in the PNW. It sure keeps the laundry volume down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #9279

Quote:
Diane,

The Pacific ocean is like a frig, it keeps everything within a quarter to a half mile chilled. The further you back away from it, the nicer the weather. I was so disappointed the first time I put my feet in those waters -- they froze almost immediately. Not at all like the water on the Texas Gulf Coast where we vacationed when I was a kid.

I've spent the last 3 summers in Seattle and southern WA and the weather there is what I described. My preference for weather is shorts and T-shirts 80% of the time and never needing to run the A/C. That's what I find inland in the PNW. It sure keeps the laundry volume down.
I thought it was SUPER... liked the water... And the beaches.... Been to Med, Carribbean, panama Canal both sides, Atlantic,...... Beaches in OR and Turkey my fav so far.....
Beaches on Mississippi River, not so great... Call them sand bars....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #9280

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Out of the hospital, in a hotel recovering.

Finally I am out, but have to stick around another week or so with a pump attached to me feed antibiotics. No more visits for the holidays for this guy!

Doing everything we can to get to the GC in CL!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 PM   #9281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Out of the hospital, in a hotel recovering.

Finally I am out, but have to stick around another week or so with a pump attached to me feed antibiotics. No more visits for the holidays for this guy!

Doing everything we can to get to the GC in CL!
Sending positive vibes your way! Glad things are now heading in the right direction.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #9282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Out of the hospital, in a hotel recovering. Finally I am out, but have to stick around another week or so with a pump attached to me feed antibiotics. No more visits for the holidays for this guy! Doing everything we can to get to the GC in CL!
Healing Ohhhmmmmms headed your way. Remember to smile: you'll heal faster! Glad to hear you're recovering.

Cheers!
Sue