Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #9409
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis,
We spent the last two summers out that-a-way so now it is my brother's turn to put up with us. We're headed to the N'East. I'll park in his driveway, maybe, for a few weeks, then who knows. We typically head out around the middle to end of May, so after the GC we'll come back home for a while then head out again. At least that is the present plan.

Whatever CinCHouse wants shall be done. Or put another way, I am master of this house. Whatever my wife says shall be done.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #9410

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I have some old dishtowels in the garage and I tie one around my head when I'm outside. It absorbs more and keeps the drip an inch away from the skin.
I think Wayne is trying to get out of drying dishes, but it might be fun to watch as he runs his head down in the pots and pans to dry them.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #9411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

I always tell the truth about Texas weather. That is, we have two weeks of winter, but it is a day here and a day there that accumulates to two weeks. Same for Spring.

We usually are SummerBirds and fly North during May, June, July and August. Sometimes we wish we had stayed gone for September and left in April.

So true about water and pores. I have some old dishtowels in the garage and I tie one around my head when I'm outside. It absorbs more and keeps the drip an inch away from the skin.
Hey Wayne !!!

X2 for using a towel tied around your head to soak up work moisture. I have to do the same thing. I just spent the day rebuilding the toilet in the magic carpet, all new valves and seals from top to bottom, it is a pita job but it needed to be done. I had a towel to stop the drippage ....

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #9412
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I think us Canadians are finally getting some of the crappy winter weather coming up from down south!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #9413

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Wayne !!!

X2 for using a towel tied around your head to soak up work moisture. I have to do the same thing. I just spent the day rebuilding the toilet in the magic carpet, all new valves and seals from top to bottom, it is a pita job but it needed to be done. I had a towel to stop the drippage ....

Cheers !!!
This thread just keeps getting better, now Jeff is tieing towels around his head to dry up a dripping toilet. This is going to be a great and entertaining GC.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #9414

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

This thread just keeps getting better, now Jeff is tieing towels around his head to dry up a dripping toilet. This is going to be a great and entertaining GC.
Ummmmm Tim

I used the towel on me head but it was new seals that stopped to drippy commode .... read between the lines my friend. If ya want to know about the repair we can share stories around the campfire.

Cheers
Old 01-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #9415

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Over 20 pages in 6 long cold days.... Just thought I'd check in to let y'all know it is Very cold in all of Illinois, so we came home to Colorado where it is a balmy 38. Had cold snowy trip, which we hope to not repeat soon. But are happily home now, so I am going to back up to page 652 and read my way forward.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #9416

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ummmmm Tim

I used the towel on me head but it was new seals that stopped to drippy commode .... read between the lines my friend. If ya want to know about the repair we can share stories around the campfire.

Cheers
Darn, it was funnier the other way.lol

Sorry, like I told Herb, water leaking is not funny. Hopefully I want need that repair anytime soon, but thanks for the info offer. But don't worry I have help coming, Steve is bringing me a self help book, " Making and keeping friends on the Internet "

May have some jeep questions though, started looking over the jeeps, Sport, Sahari, Rubicon. Looks like Rubicon only one that comes with front differential look, is that correct?
Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #9417

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Over 20 pages in 6 long cold days.... Just thought I'd check in to let y'all know it is Very cold in all of Illinois, so we came home to Colorado where it is a balmy 38. Had cold snowy trip, which we hope to not repeat soon. But are happily home now, so I am going to back up to page 652 and read my way forward.
Hi Judy

Happy New Year to you, glad to read y'all made it home safe and sound. Read on and enjoy.

Cheers !!!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #9418

Quote:

Darn, it was funnier the other way.lol

Sorry, like I told Herb, water leaking is not funny. Hopefully I want need that repair anytime soon, but thanks for the info offer. But don't worry I have help coming, Steve is bringing me a self help book, " Making and keeping friends on the Internet "

May have some jeep questions though, started looking over the jeeps, Sport, Sahari, Rubicon. Looks like Rubicon only one that comes with front differential look, is that correct?

Laughs ..... yes it was funny and I was not offended at all, I am looking forward to meeting you and we can repeat at Myrtle Beach.

The Rubicon does have the front differential lock, but they are also the most expensive Wrangler to buy
The newer Wranglers have a hill hold option though which would do you just fine, ask Campdaven the Grand Pohbah. The Rubik's will run you quite a bit more than a regular Wrangler. My main reason for the X version well a Wrangler in general was the built in rollbars.

Cheers !!!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #9419

Quote:
Darn, it was funnier the other way.lol Sorry, like I told Herb, water leaking is not funny. Hopefully I want need that repair anytime soon, but thanks for the info offer. But don't worry I have help coming, Steve is bringing me a self help book, " Making and keeping friends on the Internet " May have some jeep questions though, started looking over the jeeps, Sport, Sahari, Rubicon. Looks like Rubicon only one that comes with front differential look, is that correct?
Hey Tim. May be able to help you (translation: confuse you) on Wranglers. Best thing is to go to the Jeep website and build one. Just google "build a jeep". You end up with lots of info and have fun in the process.

Hint: you can get what you need, or you can get what you need AND spend more than you want on what you need plus what you dont need. Almost a long version of the RVM credo, just a "Jeepy" version.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #9420

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hey Wayne !!!

Cheers !!!
Keep this pace up, Jeff, and by 2015 your Magic Carpet will be brand new. One part at a time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #9421

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Keep this pace up, Jeff, and by 2015 your Magic Carpet will be brand new. One part at a time.
Yes !!!!! That brings to mind an old Johnny Cash song. Thank you Barb !!!

Cheers !!!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #9422

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, Jeff, Dave or any other Jeeper out there. I've looked over the jeep website which is where most of my factual info came from. I've stopped in and kicked the tires at a couple places and as is common, the salesman always says what I need is what they have on their lot. The big question is what do I really need? Hill stop is something I've never heard of, what is it, do you have to order it, how does it work, how's it different from differential lock.

Is there much difference in jeeps built in past few years, what's to look out for on a used one. Was told they keep price and therefore want cost much more to just buy a new one!