Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #9521

Tiffin Owners Club
thermameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
No, no gumbo from me, I'll be on the catfish!

Now how I located the post, tempted to say photographic memorie but you'll quickly see through that by asking me the simple questions such as What Day Is It? More than likely I want know and will answer Hump Daaaaaay!

If you know who posted the reply you can click on their avatar which brings up a box with several choices, one of which is "list post". That's what I did.

I've also used the dates to scan back if I know about when something happened. The search feature also can be used, first go to thread, then search, may have to use a variety of key words.

Others may have better ideas!
After looking at all of the posts in June and going one to two weeks each side I finally googled it and the picture that I remembered came up so now I've got them ordered from Amazon.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #9522

Tiffin Owners Club
Look at the time of this post 5 something in the morning - no sane person is up at this hour, I've been up since 3:45. The Dr has put me on insulin and I just got the needles yesterday so now I have no reason not to begin and I'm nervous (scared). I'm not a happy camper about this change in my life. I've been diabetic for over 20 yrs but have been able to control it. My A1C has been creeping up and now this is the solution.

Our share of the cost for the insulin was over $100.00 and that's for one month. It seems like Stephanie and I are getting to the point that the drug makers are interested how we are doing so we can help support them.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:40 AM   #9523

Steve
Glad you're on the way to mending. I think perhaps when giving birth to STMdom, you concentrated on the "sick" part too much. /:-)
Ya got that out of the way so now you can work on the "twisted or mutant" parts of your future!!
Seriously, get better soon, and good on you mate getting flu shots. In my working life the company I worked for had several hundred employees. Our industrial nurse would line us up and just give em. If didn't want it you needed a Doctors Excuse, just like school. She was tough "called her Nurse Rachet", but not many guys missing work due to flu. These mutated strains are too dangerous. Wait mutated flu-- twisted mutant--me thinks a possible solution is within our grasp!
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #9524

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Okay, we have 3 RVMs that say they got the flu shot, when before they had not.

How many RVMs do NOT get flu shot?

I had the flu. About 2001. I was in bed for 10 days. I sweated thru my pillow. First I was afraid I would die. Then I was afraid I wouldn't. But I did not. Got flu shots ever since.

What is your story, you STMs?

Dave
RVM1

I got a flue shot sometime in the early 1980's.

Then the imposable happened.
Within 72 hours I was sicker than I had ever been for a week.
Yes, the flue.

I have not had a shot since then.
Knocking on wood.
Only 24 hour versions twice in those 30 years.

Dr. goes crazy when I refuse, so does the DW.
I do not like to have my body injected with germs.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #9525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Get well and get back to running things. #1 ain't as good a goofoff as #2.
This is so very true!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #9526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
I got a flue shot sometime in the early 1980's. Then the imposable happened. Within 72 hours I was sicker than I had ever been for a week. Yes, the flue. I have not had a shot since then. Knocking on wood. Only 24 hour versions twice in those 30 years. Dr. goes crazy when I refuse, so does the DW. I do not like to have my body injected with germs.
You must hope you dont get it like Steve and I did. If I was to not get the shot now, and catch the flu, my odds of making it would not be good at all.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #9527
Community Administrator

I get the flu shot every year and have never had the flu. Here is a link to ponder.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flus...bile=nocontent

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #9528

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3763240578.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	307.2 KB
ID:	53603
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-251621313.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	53604  
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #9529

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did not get flu shot this year, used to get them every year. When I was going to get it, I instead caught a cold so passed up the shot, then just never got to it. But you sickies have me thinking once again of getting shot.
I always have reaction to shot, about 24 hours of low fever and jittery, lightheaded illness. Don't tell me it isn't possible, I have this experience within 12 hours of shot.
Get better Steve!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #9530

I usually don't get the flu shot due to my egg allergy. FluBok isn't available here yet. My company provided free H1N1 vaccines a couple of years ago and my reaction was moderate but I think I would still rather have the flu than a severe allergic reaction. I take my chances either way I guess as I have had the flu this year.
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #9531
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bob,
Sorry to have to hear about you going on insulin. I'm probably just a step behind you. Crappy Agent Orange.

Barb,
Monkey-see-monkey-do! Oh boy this is going to be fun. Just kidding. Looking forward to the dos-and-dont's.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #9532

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bob, Wayne et al,

been on Insulin for about two years now and use the 'pen' gismo with super fine needles. It is easy peezy and causes no pain.

http://www.novonordisk.com/diabetes_...es/default.asp

I find it better looking down at the green side than up at the roots.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #9533

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Bob, Wayne et al,

been on Insulin for about two years now and use the 'pen' gismo with super fine needles. It is easy peezy and causes no pain.

Insulin pens and needles - Novo Nordisk A/S

I find it better looking down at the green side than up at the roots.
Had a man that had been using the pen daily for over a month, blood sugar out of control, he was complaining he wasn't given enough pens to last. I ask him to explain how he used the pen. Short story was he dialed the pen to the needed units (8u) gave self shot, next day he figured since he used the first 8u then he needed to dial it up to 16 to get the second 8u and so on till pen was empty.

I like to have had a heart attack when I realized how much insulin this man had been taking. Moral of the story, pens are a great tool, just make sure you know how to use them!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #9534

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Had a man that had been using the pen daily for over a month, blood sugar out of control, he was complaining he wasn't given enough pens to last. I ask him to explain how he used the pen. Short story was he dialed the pen to the needed units (8u) gave self shot, next day he figured since he used the first 8u then he needed to dial it up to 16 to get the second 8u and so on till pen was empty. I like to have had a heart attack when I realized how much insulin this man had been taking. Moral of the story, pens are a great tool, just make sure you know how to use them!

My DH is also on insulin. From heart attack related gall stones and pancreatitis.... Which was ignored when on active duty.... Was in his medical records...
He uses both a pen and regular cause he takes 2 kinds of insulin.... His best tip to stop stinging was from a pharmacist who told him to leave it out at room temp. Less sting... Works.... And he received very little training, even upon going to a diabetes nurse.... Nothing to mess around with....
Btw.... Alcohol is sugar.... So count those drinks........
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote