Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #11131

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Wayne... Reading some of your posts lately - it appears your attention to detail may be Wayne-ing.

As a reminder - Have ya heard we're having a Curiosity in Az at Lake Havasu from April 24 - 30th. We're calking the GC @ AZ - sound familiar?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #11132

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We just might be....Mom was born in the big city. She was from Van Buren. Family in the country all around Alma - Fayetteville and so on. I'm sure what was country then is no longer so...

We once went camping at Natural Dam. We had been there many times before and loved playing in the water. This particular trip - there had been a lot of rain and the water was high. My dad says look at all those sticks and branches in the water. Upon closer inspection - M R Snakes. Ok pack it up - we moved to some place with these cabin that were natural stone and rustic. So mom goes into the bathroom - comes out and says M R scorpion? To this day I haven't looked it up - but never really thought of Ar as a scorpion state. Maybe we had the cabin with the only one...
Oh, I have seen them in Missouri down by lake of the Ozarks... I'm sure they like Arkansas also.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #11133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh, I have seen them in Missouri down by lake of the Ozarks... I'm sure they like Arkansas also.
Hi Marty !!!

Thanks for the edit tips last night, they were much appreciated.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #11134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Little confused about what you were messing with Diane about...
In Kansas, you will hear much more about Jayhawks ( mythical) which are a School Mascot, than the Meadowlark, our state bird, I remember really being confused in grade school about that since we had a coloring page with a jayhawk on it and learned the colors blue, red, and yellow that way. Then Kansas Day, there showed up a meadowlark and it wasn't as 'cute' looking as the jayhawk and we had to color it brown and yellow. just like the sunflowers that were the state flower. ( at least the stalk was green...) and the Bison was brown...and I was a brownie and didn't get to wear the green girl scout dress....but the ugly brown dress... I could ponder on about the lack of color choices afforded in early grade school.... but I've lost my intent here for this post....LOL!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #11135

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
Meet the striped bark scorpion - who is as much at home in Mexico and Texas as they are in Arkansas and Missouri.

Name:   image-2046945371.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  23.2 KB
(You know I had to look at the wicked Wiki - and I think this might be the actual one mom spotted!)

The things this this thread makes me think of - and you mutants just encourage it - and of course ponder wildly and freely as well. Gotta love it.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #11136

Quote:

Meet the striped bark scorpion - who is as much at home in Mexico and Texas as they are in Arkansas and Missouri.

(You know I had to look at the wicked Wiki - and I think this might be the actual one mom spotted!)

The things this this thread makes me think of - and you mutant just encourage it - and of course ponder wildly and freely as well. Gotta love it.
This just my opinion I'm sure, but I think the mutant knowledge base is quite extensive.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #11137

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yup...looks like the buggers I've seen at girls camp!
Few years back, there was a black tarantula there too, they made me kill it, which I felt was horrible and awful to do... but little girls paranoia won out and management said it had to go, so i euthanized it and pinned it for a nature display. (I'm a nature coordinator and class teacher there as well as campcrafting skills teacher, for 1 week out of the summer)
Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #11138

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Attachment 56085

The things this this thread makes me think of - and you mutants just encourage it - and of course ponder wildly and freely as well. Gotta love it.
I've still never seen one in the wild!

If one shows up at the GC I'm saying it came from Texas! lol

Can't wait till the GC@AZ!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 PM   #11139

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
In Kansas, you will hear much more about Jayhawks ( mythical) which are a School Mascot, than the Meadowlark, our state bird, I remember really being confused in grade school about that since we had a coloring page with a jayhawk on it and learned the colors blue, red, and yellow that way. Then Kansas Day, there showed up a meadowlark and it wasn't as 'cute' looking as the jayhawk and we had to color it brown and yellow. just like the sunflowers that were the state flower. ( at least the stalk was green...) and the Bison was brown...and I was a brownie and didn't get to wear the green girl scout dress....but the ugly brown dress... I could ponder on about the lack of color choices afforded in early grade school.... but I've lost my intent here for this post....LOL!
Marty - very colorful and entertaining.

If not mistaken - in 1958 Crayon had 64 colors in their largest box. I think what you're saying is the box of 8 or perhaps 4 was all you needed. I have to say - when my sister and I got our first box of 64 - we had no idea where or how to use most of them. It was an embarrassment of color riches.

We were locked into the colors of our Lincoln Logs - which as I recall were brown - red and green. Do I have that right?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #11140

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Can't wait till the GC@AZ!
Be sure to mention it to Wayne.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #11141

Vintage RV Owners Club
Pretty much! I think our kindergarten/1st grade crayons (the fat ones with a flat side) had red, blue, green, yellow,brown and black. I was so very excited to finally grow up enough to get colors like periwinkle, sea green, magenta... ok, I'm getting excited chills just thinking about how much glorious fun that was! (remember I have funky colored hair nowadays... never know what color it will be!)
Old 02-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #11142

Fleetwood Owners Club
Snickerdoudle was the yellowish, tan color that all Walmarts were many years ago. A color named by Mr, Sam and made exclusive for Walmart, like someone would want their living room to look like WM!
Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #11143

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh...Em...Geeee!

Now ya done it. And RVM bouquette!

Superbly yummy!
(I will steal the pic)
I've added a new RVM sign in here somewhere.... Actually twoeven...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ya know Steve,

That this a bit cruel to those of us that are allergic to shellfish, but that does look really tasty......

Cheers !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I used to stop and smell the roses! Now I will stop and eat the roses!!

Happy birthday to Annie!!
X2 Steve, please pass along to Annie DW and myself birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Oh, I guess it's ok to eat the state mascot. Sorry, I didn't know.
Did someone mention Bacon or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Does that make us kin? Where in Arkansas?
Btw, i was born at Wichita Falls, TX, at Sheperds AFB... (Yes Wayne my daddy was Air Force..... )
Umm he didn't mention Kentuk
Quote:

Ask Larry about root beer floats when you meet him at GC.
Do tell for those of us who will not be in the fold?

Quote:
Typical woman, start talking and forget why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Snickerdoudle was the yellowish, tan color that all Walmarts were many years ago. A color named by Mr, Sam and made exclusive for Walmart, like someone would want their living room to look like WM!
Have you seen the pictures. All those people in the weird outfits would just love that mustard yellow livingroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0014.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	56090   Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0015.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	56091  

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #11144

Quote:
Little confused about what you were messing with Diane about... In Kansas, you will hear much more about Jayhawks ( mythical) which are a School Mascot, than the Meadowlark, our state bird, I remember really being confused in grade school about that since we had a coloring page with a jayhawk on it and learned the colors blue, red, and yellow that way. Then Kansas Day, there showed up a meadowlark and it wasn't as 'cute' looking as the jayhawk and we had to color it brown and yellow. just like the sunflowers that were the state flower. ( at least the stalk was green...) and the Bison was brown...and I was a brownie and didn't get to wear the green girl scout dress....but the ugly brown dress... I could ponder on about the lack of color choices afforded in early grade school.... but I've lost my intent here for this post....LOL!
A very nice bit of prose, and also a nifty story!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote