Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #11747
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhytefall View Post
I wonder what it would take for the whole of Mutantdom to have our subforum on iRV2... Seems there is enough of us active to warrant it!
An offer was made to set up a section for the RVMs, but it was rejected by the RVM Leadership Team.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #11748

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
An offer was made to set up a section for the RVMs, but it was rejected by the RVM Leadership Team.
Perhaps time to reconsider?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #11749

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Maybe we should reconsider Wayne's offer.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #11750

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Is #2 spoiled or is Annie just a great wife?

Sure call old fearless grande potentate at 8:00 pm his time and find out you're interrupting a pizza and beer night. Some have it so hard.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 PM   #11751

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
The exposure to new potential RVMs, and the unique vision of joyful RVing we provide would be lessened if RVMdom was sequestered into a little-visited corner of iRV2. I have no solutions that could segment RVMs from the mainstream and still provide the visibility we need.

Perhaps some conversations could be outside the RVM thread? That would be up to the RVM poster to decide: Does this belong on the RVM thread, or should it be offline, in PMs or emails?

I think forethought as to the proper venue (RVM thread, email, PMs) would be a nifty thing to consider. Aye?
Perhaps we can all ask ourselves, is this what all RVMs (and lurkers) should see, or shall I keep it more personal?

Nuff said?
Opinions welcomed.
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #11752
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Perhaps time to reconsider?
I must refer you to RVM1... (See below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The exposure to new potential RVMs, and the unique vision of joyful RVing we provide would be lessened if RVMdom was sequestered into a little-visited corner of iRV2. I have no solutions that could segment RVMs from the mainstream and still provide the visibility we need.

Perhaps some conversations could be outside the RVM thread? That would be up to the RVM poster to decide: Does this belong on the RVM thread, or should it be offline, in PMs or emails?

I think forethought as to the proper venue (RVM thread, email, PMs) would be a nifty thing to consider. Aye?
Perhaps we can all ask ourselves, is this what all RVMs (and lurkers) should see, or shall I keep it more personal?

Nuff said?
Opinions welcomed.
Dave
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #11753

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well said Dave.

I remember our discussion back when -
"One thread is more than we can handle."

And as you said - RVMs are free to create threads in any and all forums, PM, Email, use the Contact Us Via the website - and so on.

This is the Seinfeld Thread... It's about anything - everything - nothing.....

It's about a group of friends - RVing friends - who realized their RV doesn't have a few things and they don't miss them - and - the Journey is the Destination. It's about the RVMdom and Rainbow.

RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #11754

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
I hope I don't come across as terse as I am afraid I will but...

While bacon seems to be without any season, there is a season for for most all other things and traveling to the GC is coming into full bloom. I think on a couple occasions I have suggested separate threads for things like this but have been shot down.

Frankly, the Yahoo groups set up...well...I really dislike it even when I can access it. It is my least favorite way to put a string together. It doesn't help that Yahoo doesn't seem to like working in my Safari web browser very well and is nearly useless on my iPad. Fortunately, I run Parallels on my laptop and can fire up Windows IE if I really need to.

I don't want to sound upset but let's face it...we are gaining more RVMs. While we are unified in celebrating the journey, we are not all interested in the same thing. That does mean that as long as we continue on a single thread it is going to start sounding like the trading pits at the NYSE.

I think the GC will be a wonderful experience and at the same time we will discover that some RVMs will have a stronger affinity to other RVMs with similar interests. As an example, the Jeepers will probably have a stronger connection with other Jeepers.

This HUGE thread is much the same way. There are items I don't really care about but I haven't complained. Sometimes I just let it flow, take a few days to week off of even reading it, then see what happens. It isn't that I don't care, it is that sometimes I just can't follow it when it twists and turns into silly, even sublime banter.

So, unless we find a different forum or start working separate threads with dedicated topics, someone is gonna get a screen full of stuff they may not be interested in if they visit this thread. No real way to get around that.
I completely agree. I find myself just skimming pages during prolonged periods of banter.
I know its all good natured, and I find everyone on here open and pleasant. In fact, this is one of the few threads where the mood stays light and there is no political, religious, gun enthusiasm, or materialistic chest puffing.
My point is, if we start splintering off into special interest groups, it will turn into just another site.

There are plenty of these different groups and discussions right on the irv2 site. I love the site, I have learned so much and continue to learn, and sometimes contribute my experience. I also love the thread, because its a brotherhood,(forgive me, a sisterhood also) of people with varied interests that are not put to the forefront. The big common ground most everyone shares here is, no one cares what others think about them. We are not trying to show everyone what we have. We all have different wacky lifestyles, and it doesn't matter. Hence the big GC. We are just all curious about each other and can hardly wait to meet. Maybe people will "pair off" by interest or common ground at the GC, but some friendships will now be formed by the fact we all became RVMs.

My wife and I are "normal people". We watch a lot of TV, we golf, like to go to the movies, we love trying new restaurants, but we generally keep to ourselves because we like each other so much. I would rather be with her than do anything and she feels the same.
But, we are so excited to meet everyone because we fulltime in a older RV. We don't own a home anymore and we really don't care what anyone thinks about our lifestyle. This is the essence of RVMs. :-D
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #11755

Yes, Davedeb1, that IS the essense of RVMdom. Thanks for the fine expounderance!
Your check is in the mail. I dont get mail here, you?

On the otherhand, the subtropical moisture is coming over the mountain tops over Tucson and at first we will see a lot of evaporation but most chance of rain is not until the weekend, which means they pretty much have no clue. I know this makes us all feel better, as a chance of rain over all of this kitty litter is equal to high humidity in Florida. Um. Yes? No? Okay, carry on. Or carry forth, carry over, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I can carry a tune.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #11756

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don, it's ok if you get terse with me, not that I think you were. I'll still love all my RVM sisters and brothers, no matter what.

I had no idea the email list was a problem for you, or for anyone. It can be entirely email based and can be sent from/to ANY registered email address. It need not be the yahoo email address. Just address email to rvm2rvm@yahoogroups.com and all members will get the email. You shouldn't need to go to the group website unless you want to access some of the other features. I never use the several yahoo email addresses I have had to set up over the last 17 years.

BUT!!! Only email addresses registered with our group will get delivered. If you are not receiving RVM mail at a convenient email address send me a PM with the correct address and I'll change it. It only takes a minute. I set the email list up so we could easily do GC planning and not let the entire world in on all the great things we plan to do. That mistaken idea that the email list is easy for everyone was behind my suggestion that you guys move it to the list.

Forgive me? Any other problems with the email list, please let me know. I'm here to serve.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #11757

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Barb - I have no issues with the yahoo group as email - only have issues if I try to login to the group to see pictures. So are you jogging yet?
---------------
RVMdom to Elizabeth - come in Elizabeth. I was only kidding about your beautiful parrot looking delicious... Really, just kidding. How are your breathing symptoms? Many healthy Omms of positive energy your way!!
----------------
Possum - sorry about that - we usually eat earlier but got a late start tonight. We'll talk tomorrow.
----------------
Wayne great talking to you earlier today.
----------------
RVM1 - thanks for the 4 text messages today. Also - thanks for taking my call Saturday morning while packing up to head for Tucson or Yuma - I lose track. Your insight into using the FMCA Michelin Tire program was priceless.
----------------
Don - great talking to yesterday - and thanks for the email last night and texts today.
-----------------
For those of you who think we should take more offline - you have no idea....
--------------
Dave and Deb - hard for me to believe we have only met you two and Dwayne and Shara. Can't wait to meet all the other RVMs - sooner or later.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #11758

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave and Deb - forgot to say - thanks for great couple of posts on being an RVM.

Ya never know what ya might find on this thread - but ya can be pretty confident what ya won't find!!

Like grandpappy always said - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

See ya soon.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #11759

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I completely agree. I find myself just skimming pages during prolonged periods of banter. I know its all good natured, and I find everyone on here open and pleasant. In fact, this is one of the few threads where the mood stays light and there is no political, religious, gun enthusiasm, or materialistic chest puffing. My point is, if we start splintering off into special interest groups, it will turn into just another site. There are plenty of these different groups and discussions right on the irv2 site. I love the site, I have learned so much and continue to learn, and sometimes contribute my experience. I also love the thread, because its a brotherhood,(forgive me, a sisterhood also) of people with varied interests that are not put to the forefront. The big common ground most everyone shares here is, no one cares what others think about them. We are not trying to show everyone what we have. We all have different wacky lifestyles, and it doesn't matter. Hence the big GC. We are just all curious about each other and can hardly wait to meet. Maybe people will "pair off" by interest or common ground at the GC, but some friendships will now be formed by the fact we all became RVMs. My wife and I are "normal people". We watch a lot of TV, we golf, like to go to the movies, we love trying new restaurants, but we generally keep to ourselves because we like each other so much. I would rather be with her than do anything and she feels the same. But, we are so excited to meet everyone because we fulltime in a older RV. We don't own a home anymore and we really don't care what anyone thinks about our lifestyle. This is the essence of RVMs. :-D
Well Dave I will have you know sir that I am a right wing, bible thumpin, pistol totin, proud Texan and I don't have to be materialistic cause I already know I'm better so there! ROFL
Old 02-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #11760

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb

Well Dave I will have you know sir that I am a right wing, bible thumpin, pistol totin, proud Texan and I don't have to be materialistic cause I already know I'm better so there! ROFL
Yeah but not good at any of it so we tolerate ya.