Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2014, 09:53 PM   #13119

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Busy with loooong time family friends in Mesa.
And Mesa is in bloom!
Many congrats to the grandparents. 21? Woof! I cant keep up with 2
Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos!
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #13120

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Guess I deserved that. I used Schwepps.

I do brew my own beer though.
I like a good gin and tonic myself. Usually wait til it's a little warmer though. As I've gotten older my freqency has dropped, but I go about with determination nonetheless...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #13121

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey Dave, Which way are you and Nola going to the GC ?
Not sure. Will be in Benson on Monday for near a month, then to the GC. Have not chosen how to ride the Rainbow to there.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #13122
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes for Asher. Mom and dad and kiddo are trying to get some rest and Mammy and I are wore out too! So we are off to bed but please indulge me one more time as I have to post pics of my son and his beautiful family and our precious grand kids including #21. We are pretty proud and this never gets old.

Attachment 58944
Attachment 58945
Attachment 58946

Mammy beat me to the head of the line!
Congrats. The new little one is precious and you have a beautiful family.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #13123

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well the Temps here at RVM Central were busy today and made some website updates. They are:

1. Under the Events Menu: At the bottom of the GC @ CL Itinerary page there is a PDF Printable Itinerary. It's on the lower left side of the page.

2. Under Events Menu: A new drop down has been created. The long awaited Meal Sign Up Form is now available. There are 2 PDF printable files there as well as the form. Please attempt to complete and submit the online Meal Sign Up Form by April 6th. That's about 2 weeks from now. That will give the temps time to tabluate the results.

The first printable file explains How to Answer the Questions in the Form.

The other printable file contains the Meal Sign Up Questions. The form fields are mandatory, so don't attempt to fill in and submit the form until you've had a chance to figure out what you'd like to contribute to each Meal / Gathering (if anything).

It's not really complicated - and won't take long to do once you know what you want to contribute, cook, prepare, share.

If you have questions, I will be monitoring the other email group (Yahoo).
I know you're all extremely smart and gifted as well as S & T Mutants. This should not be difficult for you. Please remeber, a question asked is not a request for 20 additional questions. But if you have questions on how to fill out the form or what something means, feel free to ask on yahoo.

Annie and I are really looking forward to meeting all you STMs. There are still spaces available. If interested Contact Herb of HerbnBarb by PM or me, or asking here. And the Web Site is also an excellent place to visit for details.

Steve and Annie
RVM2
Old 03-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #13124

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes for Asher. Mom and dad and kiddo are trying to get some rest and Mammy and I are wore out too! So we are off to bed but please indulge me one more time as I have to post pics of my son and his beautiful family and our precious grand kids including #21. We are pretty proud and this never gets old.

Attachment 58944

Attachment 58945

Attachment 58946

Mammy beat me to the head of the line!
Great addition to a very good looking family. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
It's not Texas exit visas they need. It's entry permits to get into Arkansas. They're just lucky they can pick theirs up at the border and don't have have a veterinarian signed health certificate like Sena. Or do they?
Umm, you forget they will be concealing Wayne, er ... well traveling with Wayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Even though we seek the journey more than the destination, my wallet says go slow too. LOL
Funny the mileage increase that one gets when one travels below the 65 MPH. DW is more comfortable at about the same speed you travel.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #13125

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well the Temps here at RVM Central were busy today and made some website updates. the Web Site is also an excellent place to visit for details. Steve and Annie RVM2
great job Steve..... Thank you for your temp work...... I am sure all Mutants agree with me......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #13126

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well the Temps here at RVM Central were busy today and made some website updates. They are:

2. Under Events Menu: A new drop down has been created. The long awaited Meal Sign Up Form is now available. There are 2 PDF printable files there as well as the form. Please attempt to complete and submit the online Meal Sign Up Form by April 6th. That's about 2 weeks from now. That will give the temps time to tabluate the results.

A fine job indeed!

Just for some info...

I know that Sandee and I are somewhat socially challenged in big groups and also barely know our way around a stove. LOL We are learning slowly and marvel at how well some of you folks can turn 2 sticks into a fire and a pot into a dinner. So...the nearest supermarket (Kroger) is about 5 miles away. We are not afraid of getting anything for pot lucks that might be lacking for variety.

I have a small stomach (thank you surgeon!) so between the two of us we share small portions and we don't imbibe in alcohol (good for me and anyone around me) but with a road map we can be designated drivers and navigate anyone back to their humble abode as needed. I will get the form done in a couple days.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #13127

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Diane! The temps were promised some time off if they got this done by Monday. Hope they have a Great Time.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #13128

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Congrats to you two!
Asher looks a bit Mutant. ;-)
X2 and is this what's referred to as Blackjack?
21 Grands!!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #13129

Quote:
A fine job indeed! Just for some info... I know that Sandee and I are somewhat socially challenged in big groups and also barely know our way around a stove. LOL We are learning slowly and marvel at how well some of you folks can turn 2 sticks into a fire and a pot into a dinner. So...the nearest supermarket (Kroger) is about 5 miles away. We are not afraid of getting anything for pot lucks that might be lacking for variety. I have a small stomach (thank you surgeon!) so between the two of us we share small portions and we don't imbibe in alcohol (good for me and anyone around me) but with a road map we can be designated drivers and navigate anyone back to their humble abode as needed. I will get the form done in a couple days.
Don..... NOT to worry, NOT everyone likes large groups... I seem to like them, but my DH, Larry does NOT.... Also NOT all of us like to cook, i do, but am still dealing with rv cookery, and since I also have had the same tummy bypass, i eat small portions, and only occasionally drink some wine... Larry is a 4 shot a day insulin deoendent diabetic, so he doesnt drink alcohol.....

But imho, we are all mutant enough to accept our individual mutantcy..... And wow to offer to be a dd, is thoughtful, and Kroger, well..... That is cool too..... So we will remember to NOT ask you to get in front if the group? Lol.... Just glad you are NOT letting it stop you from coming...... That is COOL, x2....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #13130
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Well, I know you told ME. LOL And you are correct, I show you the 21st.

Finally, someone that pays attention. Ha ha!

I have all of the contact info for those going to Cooper Lake SP and will be there at least 4 days ahead of you all. I will keep you posted on any information I have on whether or not I can serve as a "first come - First serve" proxy. Ya never know what you know until you know it.

I'll do my best to keep us reasonably close together with emphasis on getting pull-throughs for the over-nighters.

You the man!! Yeah!

8 of us! That is gonna be a big caravan! With the route we will use (courtesy of Tim) we shouldn't have any serious problems keeping together and reasonable gaps for traffic.

The one thing I have learned in a caravan is to not worry about who's behind you or who is in front of you. Anyone want to pass me, that is fine. We all know where we are going and how to get there, one way or another. Don't make a caravan a chore. If there is a delay on an entry point, it takes a very long time to try and catch up to the leader unless they slow way down. That in itself causes traffic problems. Yes, it is nice to stay together, but not a necessity.

Since we all know our parking spots, perhaps we can also coordinate with the folks at CL to just go straight to our spots instead of jamming up the registration area if we remain a pack of 8. Tim, would you check that out after you get there?

Great idea. Hope it works.

Also, fair warning, my preferred cruise speed is 62 MPH (max is 65 mph because of toad) and that makes the time enroute at close to 4 hours. 4 hours can be a stretch for my dogs but not impossible. I don't see any problem if some folks want to go faster and maybe break it up to 2 groups. Also, same goes if some folks want to push on non-stop and others, like me, would rather plan a quick stop for pets and or just to stretch their legs.

My preferred is also 62 and max of 65, unless going downhill then I have let it creep to 68 or so

BTW...I don't know if my CB works (I know it receives but never tried the transmitter out) but if we all have them, we can probably coordinate any thing we need to enroute.

Same here. I have a double paned window with a glass mount CB antenna. Not the best in the world. I'm Leary of putting a mag mount inside the front cowling with all the new dashboard electronics and harmonic radiation. One of thes days I'll get up the courage to have a hole drilled in the roof.

It Vill all Vork out and VE VILL have a great time!
It vill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Oh absolutely. Last one in pays for everything!

Notice how I am picking up on this?
Ah! I think you missed something in the previous 12,000+ posts that the person traveling with the highest RVM# pays the bills. Works for me. Anyone else.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #13131

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You STM Caravan people sound like kids on Xmas eve! Lol
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #13132

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
A fine job indeed! Just for some info... I know that Sandee and I are somewhat socially challenged in big groups and also barely know our way around a stove. LOL We are learning slowly and marvel at how well some of you folks can turn 2 sticks into a fire and a pot into a dinner. So...the nearest supermarket (Kroger) is about 5 miles away. We are not afraid of getting anything for pot lucks that might be lacking for variety. I have a small stomach (thank you surgeon!) so between the two of us we share small portions and we don't imbibe in alcohol (good for me and anyone around me) but with a road map we can be designated drivers and navigate anyone back to their humble abode as needed. I will get the form done in a couple days.
Don it looks like you are not the only somewhat socially challenged person in our group. Barb is also a social sideliner by nature and generally doesn't participate in anything requiring her to stand out. I'm somewhat a polar opposite and my career kept me in front of crowds for 40+ years. Because of that I now tend to sit on the sidelines and watch and let someone else take the lead although I can still talk with ease in front of people and mix fairly well. That's what makes our group so great! We accept each other as we are and seem to have no difficulty interacting with each other.