Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #15429
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Update. Looks Like I will be getting out Saturday morning and sent along with remaining meds and scripts for 30 days. They will make an appointment with my PC Dr and I will get new scripts from him. They told me they would schedule an appointment with the ENT Dr from the hospital.

I'm going to chew my PC Dr out. He talked me into a pneumonia shot and billed my insurance something like $133. Lot of good that did.

Still have to do some PT and swallowing exercises before they let me walk. They will transport me home and I don't have to have anyone baby sitting me. GF reminded me I don't have a house key and will lend me hers.

They will send someone over on Sunday with supplies and training. Don't know when I will get Sadie home. No biggie; She'll just lay around on the couch and sleep. She still loves me.

I spoke to the Dr in charge of this place about the delay in getting my meds and it worked. Got them right on time. Will probably only work for that one nurse. He still didn't sign the lorazapam script for some reason. Been sitting there for several days. I asked to up the strength of the Roxicet pain meds and he was reluctant. (Only taking 5/325). He was afraid I would end up back in the hospital.

Thanks for alll the support, ohms and prayers. Hope to be eating by mouth soon. Not sure how that is going to go.

Mike
Cup is half full Mike! Always half full and never half empty!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #15430
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Dave I'll give you a ride but you need to have a Gas can in your hand that's the only way a man gets on my bike lol
If'n he wore his Kimono with all the stuffing in it, you'd never know the difference.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #15431
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Found it hard to believe it is legal to ride in a travel trailer or 5th wheeler in my state and Missouri....
Had a 5th wheel. I can gurantee you that you better be a young person because the bouncing around will really get to you. It may be legal, but it sue as heck is not practical. Wonder why it is they strap everything down.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #15432

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Had a 5th wheel. I can gurantee you that you better be a young person because the bouncing around will really get to you. It may be legal, but it sue as heck is not practical. Wonder why it is they strap everything down.
It seems incredible to me you must have your children in a car seat/booster until a certain weight and height... but you can let them ride loose in a trailer.
I know there are people who have done that with their pets which I discourage...
I don't like having laws for everything... but on the other hand, I don't think people are learning to think things though either... not sure what to think about that!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #15433

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
At a much younger age myself and two others were invited on a camping / fishing trip with my buddies parents. If were couldn't ride in the trailer we wouldn't have been able to go. They pulled their TT with an English (read small) import and there was just not enough room for Mr & Mrs, daughter and two sons and their three buddies in the car. We had a blast and didn't find it all that bad until we got on the Ranger Lake Road, which I firmly believe was an obstacle course set out by Moose to train their young.

The long weekend went great, the fishing was fantastic and the adventure a distant fond memory.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #15434

Quote:
Martin, I believe all vehicles brake lights and flashers work when ignition is off. Maybe not so for the turn signals. On my present MKX I have the Diodes. On the 2007 Saturn I had I was given the option of diodes or separate lights. I opted for the separate light bulbs. New holes are drilled in the present light holder and bulbs are installed. Wires, of course have to be run separately. If you are not sure the diodes will work, additional bulbs would do the trick.
Hi Wayne, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, the Cherokee's tail lights are in an LED assembly and can't accept any bulbs. So, diodes it will be. There's a guy on my Jeep forum ( Jeepgarage.org ) who has documented in a very comprehensive way (with photos) his work in 'toadifying' a Trailhawk and we've been discussing this problem of the brake lights over-riding the turn signal. He has now found a relay kit by Roadmaster that is supposed to interrupt the brake light feed. He is getting one of these kits and will let us all know how he gets on. However, the kit instructions seem to call for playing around with the wiring at the brake pedal and there's no way I'm doing that with all the electrical complexity of that car.

Martin
(now, where's that photo you were promising?)
MartinC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #15435

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Dave I'll give you a ride but you need to have a Gas can in your hand that's the only way a man gets on my bike lol

My kimono loaded with mascots was nicely bumpy in the front. That work?

Quote:
If'n he wore his Kimono with all the stuffing in it, you'd never know the difference.

Yep. My ripped abs are so distracting
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #15436

Day 2 of surgery recovery....... Sore, not really pain, but really sore... However my appetite is good... Larry cheffin is not my fav thing, but today tomato basil soup, cheese crackers,,, and a delicious smoothie..... Thanks DH... LitaBit not leaving my side, and Larry waiting on me.... I forsee a long recovery, right?

Diane is holding my iPad using iRV2 mobile app........ So excuse the finger slides, please...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #15437

Latest word on my MH roof

As some of you know who went to the GC@CL, my rear fiberglass cap became disengaged and a gaping seam was created on my roof. Would it surprise you to know that Allegiance (extended warranty company) decided that it was normal wear and tear and was thus not a covered item. So . . . . . the cost of repair is on me. I didn't even feel like asking for an estimate when I talked to the repair shop.

Knowing what I know now about such coverage, I would have had lower expectations and assume that the extended warranty is really only EXTRA years on the engine, tranny, genny, etc. The likelihood of having coverage for structural items is slim and the ball game favors the warranty company about 89% of the time.

BTW - - the repair shop technician was impressed with the repair job that Dwayne performed on the problem at CL. He left Dwayne's work alone and sealed and anchored the cap with Dwayne's work still in place. Many thanx to a fellow mutant.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #15438

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne, you gunna be near Cherry Creek BC in the near future?

Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #15439

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
LOL. Got to have pics or it didNt happen!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #15440

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
If I remember right on I Love Lucy, Lucy cooked a meal going down the road!

Then again, I was just an infant!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #15441

We will hopefully be on the road again tomorrow. It was the differential along with universal joints and on and on. We feel very fortunate that we wre able to get here without having to br towed! Thanks for asking. We are hoping to make it to Goshen on time for the beginning of the festivities on Monday. We will do what we can..no rush..no worries. Take care everyone
janlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #15442

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=Diwizi;2044348] Day 2 of surgery recovery....... and Larry waiting on me.... I forsee a long recovery, right?

Da#@ you Wayne & your advice about MILKING IT!!!!!