Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #15457

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Someone asked for statistics on the FEGC@CL. Here's what I got:

ATTENDING THE FEGC@CL:
22 rigs registered
-3 cancellations: #13, #43, #52
19 Attending: #1, #2, #5, #14, #17, #18, #22, #27, #28, #31, #32, #36, #39, #45, #48, #50, #58, #64, #73
+2 new RVMs #78, #79
21 RVMs or (42 STMs) attending

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

I have a spreadsheet with photos because it REALLY DID HAPPEN. Included FREE: a genuine copy of the CL seating chart! whoa! Let me know via PM if you want a copy.

jne
Yes sign me up! Was asking about you two the other day, you've been unusually quite! Hope everything ok!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #15458

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Going to take time. I have no need to swallow soup or Ensure, other than for the satisfaction of eating. I may do ice cream. There is some sweetness there. I have a strong sweet tooth, plus the cold will soothe my throat.

The nurse just came in and disconnected the pump. She will start bolus feeding me in an hour. 350 cc every 4 hours. That's a lot of syringes to fill and pump into my belly. Been there twice before and have a plan. I feel so free not being tied to a machine that makes obscene and funny noises. Maybe I could use a fish tank pump to automatically feed a desired amount into me. Leave it to Dunner to find an easier way to do something.
Now just look at this.. Almost back to classic Mike (Dunner) comments. How pleasant to read this? Very.
Sweet tooth? does this mean you are learning to taste again? YAY!!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #15459

Monaco Owners Club
Good for you Dunner! Keep moving forward!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #15460

No, the taste buds are not coming back very quickly. Neither is the saliva. I read that if you can't make it wet, you can't taste it and water is not the same as saliva. It has other Yuki stuff. One nurse said she has a friend who had throat cancer and it's been over 2 years and his taste buddies are still not working. Just have to use my brain to remember what something tastes like.

I will never lose my sense of humor. I was born a smart a$$. Gotten me in trouble many times. I'm serious about the fish tank pump. Will give my creative mind something to do. Just gotta get to Petco and get one.

I have every reason to be depressed, but what good will that do? I'm just hanging around to see what will happen next, and believe me something will.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #15461

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think Diane wanted us to post our watercolor paintings, I finally got mine scanned...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Banjo man.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	62458  
Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #15462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
No, the taste buds are not coming back very quickly. Neither is the saliva. I read that if you can't make it wet, you can't taste it and water is not the same as saliva. It has other Yuki stuff. One nurse said she has a friend who had throat cancer and it's been over 2 years and his taste buddies are still not working. Just have to use my brain to remember what something tastes like.

I will never lose my sense of humor. I was born a smart a$$. Gotten me in trouble many times. I'm serious about the fish tank pump. Will give my creative mind something to do. Just gotta get to Petco and get one.

I have every reason to be depressed, but what good will that do? I'm just hanging around to see what will happen next, and believe me something will.

Mike, although we have not met, I'm pretty certain that you and I could probably have a pretty good go at talking up some tales of old, and later trying to decide which one of us is the bigger horse's patoot.

You have been writing in increasingly cheerful tones! I like your spirit and can see the spicey vigor in your words. Makes me think you have bounced from the lows and are heading steadily upward.

Good show! Give us more.
Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #15463

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I think Diane wanted us to post our watercolor paintings, I finally got mine scanned...

I splash some colors on paper, while you make art. Nice! More?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #15464

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Looks good Marty, you should of seen the evil in Mary's eyes when she spotted her painting, which I proudly displayed in our front window at the GC. I felt my life was in danger, luckily she didNt notice it till the last day, so I happily removed it!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #15465

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
Okay. The cows have come home to Texas ...

And, coming through Jackson, MS we roped a big ol' truck tire cap. It took out the left parking light, air scoop, and the brackets, muffler and tailpipe to the generator. Nice.

jne

Jeanne, thank goodness there are not as many road gators as there used to be. Had to dodge a few of them with Gwen in Texas; glad the shoulder was wide.

Hope you get things fixed up okay.

Only a Texan "ropes" a tire cap. Love your lingo!
Dave
Old 05-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #15466

[QUOTE=zeelarry;2044496]By chance, did you purchase the extended warranty through Wholesale Warranties? If so, I have read that people who bought warranties through them & had problems with a claim, Wholesale Warranties got involved & helped with having the denied claim flipped to approved.

My extended warranty was purchased at the "closing desk" at the dealership. Allegiance must be their warranty of choice.

With my recent record of not having problems covered, I'm tempted to "cash in" the remaining years with my present warranty and just buy extended drivetrain warranty for the MH. Ya know? What else isn't covered and what is the warranty worth?

In a recent "gun battle" with them I told them I was considering dropping their coverage. The reps comment was "I encourage you to do that". I must have touched his sensitive button in our discussions.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #15467

Quote:
Originally Posted by janlee2 View Post
We will hopefully be on the road again tomorrow. It was the differential along with universal joints and on and on. We feel very fortunate that we wre able to get here without having to br towed! Thanks for asking. We are hoping to make it to Goshen on time for the beginning of the festivities on Monday. We will do what we can..no rush..no worries. Take care everyone

Oh my goodness, Jan, you take such things in standard stride that would make me truly quake!

So glad it is all fixed up. Aint you glad you are retired? Sheesh!

Dave
Old 05-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #15468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Day 2 of surgery recovery....... Sore, not really pain, but really sore... However my appetite is good... Larry cheffin is not my fav thing, but today tomato basil soup, cheese crackers,,, and a delicious smoothie..... Thanks DH... LitaBit not leaving my side, and Larry waiting on me.... I forsee a long recovery, right?

e...

Di, I milked it for 10 days, long ago and far away.

Yeah day 1 is "What? I had surgery?" Day 2 is "OMG my gizzard is hollering".

The midnight itch of the noogie by your navel will give you time to paint.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #15469

PapawSteve, my heart goes out to you.

My hope is that, at the least, the nifty fix that Dwayne applied is a sound repair.

Best of luck on the battlefield.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #15470

Quote:
Hey Marty,

Your guitar picker looks strangely familiar ...... well done !!! ..... Marcia really enjoyed Di's class as well.

Cheers !!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote