Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #15527

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Steve and Mary Ann - we're having James (BIL) you met at GC over for fish fry tomorrow. Will let ya know how it goes!!

It would sure be nice if we all lived closer - but hey the rainbow bends...

Talk soon. Call when ya can. Send money often. Etc etc etc....
OK then say hello!!!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #15528
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a floppy! External disk drive and a few 5-1/4" floppies in a drawer. I just "hang" on to them for sentimental reasons. I have converted them over to CD/DVD's.

Ah! The good old days. I paid around $350 for my first 10mb hard disk drive, Seagate at that. Just a month ago I bought a 2Tb hard drive that fits in a shirt pocket for around $130. Moore's law, when the equipment gets better the price goes down.

Edited: p.s., FYI on Moore's Law
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #15529

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
OK then say hello!!!
What a day!! Just had a call from Possum! Earlier missed a call from Don and Sandee. Talked to Davedeb1 this afternoon and a little earlier today to Don / ToyDuck. Had a nice PM from Jne and exchanged notes with Les / Dogpatch. Annie talked to Earleen and Sandee today as well. Now how do you top that! Well ya go online and tell the other 78 RVMs - Happy Mothers Day to all you moms and you dads be sure to kiss those moms! Life is so good on the rainbow. Can not wait till we meet again!!

G'night all. Take care and be happy!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #15530

I'm home. Kinda anti-climatic. No Sadie yet. Probably Tuesday as Linda is out of town.

Sent me with 5 prescriptions and remaining meds. Even one for COPD, which the Pharmacy says is just an anti inflammatory and not actually for COPD. they may not have the Roxicet, but can order it.

This feeding over the sink is going to to be a boring pain in the ass. Going to try to rig up a small water pump to feed me the 12oz every 4hrs. Ordered one off of Ebay. Yeah, I'm nuts and it may not work, but I think it has a 50-50 chance. If it feeds too fast, I have the clamp to slow down the flow. Don't want to blow myself up.

Lost my spare house keys, but everything else was in it's place.

For some reason my thighs are real sore and weak. I did some PT Friday, but didn't push it. Maybe it is cumulative from the day before.

Thanks for all the ohms and prayers. They are working, but slowly. Just have no ambition.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #15531

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sue, Sarah, Possum, Barb and all other mutants that have posted comments concerning the Next Grand Curiosity!!

Steve has added a new form on the rvmutants site under the " Contact Us" heading called the Son of FEGC@ _____ for the purpose of compiling all suggestions on the next GC.

Discussing your thoughts and reasons on the thread are good but being able to keep everything orderly becomes a true job for the temps so please fill out the form too!

Mary and I are committed to being at the next GC wherever or whenever. There are lots of places we haven't been so lets hear some good suggestions!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #15532

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mike, I have one of those rotary liquid pumps that I've not got plans for at the moment. Its one of those gizmos that have four wheels that rotate and pinch and roll along plastic tubing for pumping medication. To sterilize it all you would have to do is insert new tube and attach a timer. If you want to give her a go, PM me your shipping address.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Peristaltic_pump_head.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	62570  
Old 05-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #15533

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, Sarah, Possum, Barb and all other mutants that have posted comments concerning the Next Grand Curiosity!!

Steve has added a new form on the rvmutants site under the " Contact Us" heading called the Son of FEGC@ _____ for the purpose of compiling all suggestions on the next GC.

Discussing your thoughts and reasons on the thread are good but being able to keep everything orderly becomes a true job for the temps so please fill out the form too!

Mary and I are committed to being at the next GC wherever or whenever. There are lots of places we haven't been so lets hear some good suggestions!
I know that at times I'm a little dense but there is no way in heck that I could find a link to this input form.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:05 AM   #15534

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
I know that at times I'm a little dense but there is no way in heck that I could find a link to this input form.
Try here..... http://rvmutants.com/2015-son-of-fir...tion-form.html

G'night again. LOL!
Old 05-11-2014, 05:15 AM   #15535

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Ok Possum, are you trying to get someone to argue with you over the dense part? Lol

It was my error, an I consider myself thick, not dense!

Rvmutants site

RVM Events

On my IPad a drop down appears that says "Son of First Ever GC... Sug...form"

Clicking it takes you to a screen that tells about the form. At the bottom of that page in small print, is a list that includes " 2015 Son of First Ever GC suggestion form"
Clicking it takes you to the form!

Sorry my error.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #15536

Fleetwood Owners Club
Happy Mothers Day!

This goes out to all those that are Mothers or had a Mother!

Those that arrived here my other means, well, Good Morning!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #15537

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning Muteys! Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!

Steve is there a way we can read the Son of FEGC@CL submissions? I can't find it on the website. Maybe the temps there at RV Central can add it to the navigation bar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:06 AM   #15538

Vintage RV Owners Club
Barb... you must have stayed put cause I didn't see any new travel log from you.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #15539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Mike, I have one of those rotary liquid pumps that I've not got plans for at the moment. Its one of those gizmos that have four wheels that rotate and pinch and roll along plastic tubing for pumping medication. To sterilize it all you would have to do is insert new tube and attach a timer. If you want to give her a go, PM me your shipping address.
I ordered a pump off of ebay that has continues flow. I think your pump would work, but it would be as slow as the normal feeding machines. The one at the hospital was 66/ml/hr and was basically drip feed., I want to empty a 12oz container in about 10 seconds and not have to stand pumping at the sink for 5 syringes. It gets old and is a PIA. I think I can do it with the right pump. This one comes with 6mm outputs, so that is going to have to be necked down to limit the volume. Wll let you know how it turns out.

If yours is quiet (unlike hospital ones that a pulse all night long with an irregular patern) send it to me. I could maybe use it at night. PM sent.
Is it adjustable? Want to pump as much protein in me as possible to gain back that 30#s radiation took away.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #15540

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Good morning Muteys! Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms!

Steve is there a way we can read the Son of FEGC@CL submissions? I can't find it on the website. Maybe the temps there at RV Central can add it to the navigation bar?
Barb and all - The submitted forms go into an administrative mailbox on the rvmutants website server. I receive an email when a form is submitted. It does not tell me who submitted it or what was submitted. When I log on to the server I go to the form submission mailbox and download the forms to Excel and/or Word, and from there I can build a data set and produce something for you to view.

I have not logged in today but have only received notice of 1 form submission. I won't be doing anything with this until I have several forms as I can deal with a batch of them almost as quickly as 1 or two.

If you have multiple suggestions I recommend using note or word or some text editor to compile them and then cut and paste them into the form(s). Also - the more research and work you mutants do in making your suggestion, the faster the process will go.

We have some requirements and some "better to have than not" suggestions.. For example - some may not require sewer hook up at their site but most would prefer it - so better to have than not. We must have big rig friendly - at least some sites up to 60'+ and some pull throughs etc. We must have electric service at a pavilion or club house and the ability to prep / serve and potentially cook / grill, party, dance, maybe have a band, etc. In other words the suggestions need to be and have a full throttle curiosity friendly facility / atmosphere!!

It's not required that the venue have a guy named Tim with a cart who runs around picking people and things up, delivering fire wood, and building fires, but hey - who could argue with having one (Although, the mold was broken when Tim was made. Mary tells me that's a good thing btw.)

If a suggestion says Utah - well the state of Utah probably has a place that fits the bill - but if I have to find it - it may never happen. Name the place - provide a link - tell the story / review the place in the form if you've been there etc.

We have some time but the sooner we have some ideas the sooner we can begin to really plan. It's been suggested to me that I post a survey and gather info on mutant probability of attendance etc. That's not a bad idea - but it's hard for folks to know what they might do a year or more from now. We may also have a new freshman class of RVMs by then. I will put the temps on the survey project but don't expect it any time soon. The value of the survey goes up the closer we get to the actual date and the more factual info we have - like 4 or 5 Son Of GC solid suggestions.

I know for a fact our GC discussions here cut down on posts from those who couldn't make it to the FEGC. We don't want to alienate anyone. Let's try to keep our family of mutants functional - there are enough dysfunctional families in the world already!

Annie and I are looking forward to the future and many GC's to come. Here we go again mutants - or as they say- we're off and mutating!
Steve and Annie
RVM2