Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #15793

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedCampr View Post
Here you go fellow Mutants, my latest blog about the happenings inside the crowded camper. Heaven forbid we actually go anywhere. As professional squatters I tell stories "on the inside."
"Mr. Goodbar, A Shriner and my dog Dixie"
Mr. Goodbar, A Shriner and my dog Dixie - The Crowded Camper

Thanks for posting the link. Your blogpost was a great way to start the day. How on earth did the family not wake up at the fireball???

I can relate to your last night with Dixie (& no doubt others can too). The evening my shepherd/collie mix Heidi started having seizures, I sat on the grass with her until they stopped. It was time for her to go, too, for several reasons, and that's one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.

Good blog!
Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #15794

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
As you may recall, at the GC, when a Gentleman approached with an awning problem you left the group of mutants to give assistance, muttering you knew all about awning problems. At the last supper, the one at the steak house you said you had him going in no time!

When my awning messed up, it was when all was loaded, and I was ready to pull out. I thought I need someone with a wealth of knowledge and experience with awning problems. Ha I have a card Jeff gave me!

Out comes my phone, from my wallet comes the card, great pictures on both sides of Jeeps and Campers and RVing Couple but no phone number. Ack.....

That's the point, to me you went from hero to zero! Lol

Side note, most of my cards don't have my number on it either, one batch I added it!

My hero wound up being the leader of the toothless family in park that let me borrow their ladder. As I said before, Mary wouldn't stand stil enough for me to work on it with me on her shoulder.

Discover goes to shop Saturday, parts ordered!
Hey Tim,

His problem was that his awning had rolled up backwards and since I hadn't seen what yours did I would have had to investigate it first but if'n you want my number send me a PM and you can have it. I promise I'll answer just as soon as I can.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #15795
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
In what might be a first in RVMutant history, we are now at mini-C location # 2 in 2 days time, parked in front of Dunner's house. Lily has made herself at home and cozied up with Sadie in an attempt to warn us about every noise they, and often only they can hear. Sena, a bit mystified by all the strange dogs is a bit slow to warm up to Mike, but tomorrow, uh later today is another day. Pics to follow.
Barb,
At the rate you are going you will have met all the STM's by the time the next C rolls around.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #15796

Quote:
Here you go fellow Mutants, my latest blog about the happenings inside the crowded camper. Heaven forbid we actually go anywhere. As professional squatters I tell stories "on the inside."

Thank you for sharing... I wish I was magic with words..... I am not, but I appreciate it in others..... As Sue said, i relate. After a hirrible marriage and a traumatic divorce, i got my man... Mannie, my first Westie... Then when I met Larry, lol they did not get along... Mannie peed on anything that had Larrys scent, for 3 years.... But Mannie told Larry he was having his second heart attack. They became bonded..... The night before I had to give him his release was hard. For 2 weeks i cried and did not get off of the couch, but then I got LitaBit, my 2nd Westie. She is a character and loves us both... Both Mannie and LitaBit are my white lights.....

Have a white day with lots of rainbow prisms........

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #15797

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Is there a link to your blogs somewhere that is in chronological order? I usually like read everything from the git go and not have to check back for reference.

You do have a gift of being able to make me smile and the laugh right our loud. I have to not read your stuff when I have a mouth full of coffee in the mornings as I can't aford the keyboard upkeep.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #15798

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Is there a link to your blogs somewhere that is in chronological order? I usually like read everything from the git go and not have to check back for reference.

You do have a gift of being able to make me smile and the laugh right our loud. I have to not read your stuff when I have a mouth full of coffee in the mornings as I can't aford the keyboard upkeep.
Possum, on the left side of the page on her blog is a drop down menu for the months... go back to the beginning there.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #15799

Thanks y'all! And the bar on the left will help you read in order. They started in Oct last year. Just start there and go to the bottom, and read up for each month.

If you subscribe on the blog you'll automatically get emailed the 2x a week with my stories. I appreciate the support & everyone can relate to a good dog!

Btw- I DO like the Shriners.
Becky
Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #15800
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
[...]Btw- I DO like the Shriners.
Becky
Sheesh! Remind me not to get on your bad side!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #15801

My oh my! A very quiet RVMville here tonight.

How about a "Unintentional but Silly Ponder Challenge"?

The RVM that provides the best Ponder wins an all expense paid trip to Plano TX after you get yourself to Allen TX by your own expense.

Once you get to Plano, look up RVM2 and eat his Q food, hug Annie, and interview the RVM Central temps for roles in the upcoming movie "RV Mutants, the Prequel".

This was mine.

Next?

Dave and Nola - RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #15802
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Geesh. I'm from Texas; I thought you said "Shiner."

Plus, my Dad was a Shriner. I need to go read the blog to see what's going on.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #15803

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sohapi, Happy Birthday. Many happy returns too.

Thanks Everyone!!!! I thought I snuck through with out anyone noticing I got older lol.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #15804

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman View Post
I'm testing photo upload methodology.
Cooper Lake, 2014-04-22
What a great picture of you guys!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #15805

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
My oh my! A very quiet RVMville here tonight.

How about a "Unintentional but Silly Ponder Challenge"?

The RVM that provides the best Ponder wins an all expense paid trip to Plano TX after you get yourself to Allen TX by your own expense.

Once you get to Plano, look up RVM2 and eat his Q food, hug Annie, and interview the RVM Central temps for roles in the upcoming movie "RV Mutants, the Prequel".

This was mine.

Next?

Dave and Nola - RVM1

My ponder is where are all of the mutants? "I wonder as I wander" where are you wandering....
You all are being way too quiet.... I had hoped for some recovery reading....
Some juicy news about new things to see, new camp sites to visit. Random posts from random wanderings....
Tell those of us that are stationary, what you are doing......

Who journals? I dont blog, but I do keep a journal of every place we visit... Maybe the RVM temps need to add our own.....
I write name, location, cost, site number, my own rating 1-5, dates, and comments. Yes i use the reviews on every website available, but it is nice to know a person who has been there.

Silly ponder? Silly to be so #%~* curious about what ya'll are doing out there in RVMville......

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #15806

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sohapi.... Colleen, sorry i missed it.... Hapi Birthday......

No worries at all I was trying to ignore my birthday this year - crazy busy at work and will celebrate this weekend i think. lol