Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #16045

Cart: How's Ginny's eye? Didn't you say she had a big scratch on the surface? Makes me shudder just thinking of it.

Don and Sandee: You still at D & W? Care to meet up if you have time?

All other mutamily: Howdy and a big mutant wave, the finger wiggle under the chin. That's a la The Little Rascals, for those of us old ... Ahem ... Mature enough to remember them.

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #16046

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello RVMs. It has been a busy morning for me so I have not had a chance to check in and reply to the PMs and messages here. I promise to answer back when I get home from W**k tonight.
In the meantime a quick update- the Driver seat has been removed- more carpet pulled up and the laminate for the front passenger wall has been ordered. (Pictures and another update to the blog will be late tonight.) I believe the new chairs will ship sometime this coming week.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
DD
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #16047

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Yes the large Walnut and Brass plaque I received for the 10,000th post was well worth fighting for, Sarah you'll be so proud! (Sarcasm button here)
And all I got for a **,000 was a cheap toaster oven.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #16048

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Cart: How's Ginny's eye? Didn't you say she had a big scratch on the surface? Makes me shudder just thinking of it.

Don and Sandee: You still at D & W? Care to meet up if you have time?

All other mutamily: Howdy and a big mutant wave, the finger wiggle under the chin. That's a la The Little Rascals, for those of us old ... Ahem ... Mature enough to remember them.

Cheers!
Sue
Hi Sue and Martin,
Ginny's eye is much better. Most of the redness is gone. She still has to use drops and antibiotic to be on the safe side.
We are in Springfield IL. Heading for Hannibal in the morning. Went to Lincoln home this morning. This is a nice area with a beautiful lake close to the rv park.
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #16049

Finally springish!

Gettin' ready to ride the rainbow! Two acqusitions for this year, extra space (Carefree add-a-room) and an upgraded hitch (Andersen).

We put up the room to test, and then DH had to go away for a few days. Of course then the heavens opened and the wind howled for 3 days and nights, but everything held together! Finally, on the 4th day it stopped raining but was still blowing like stink. I decided it had to come down, since the weather was not going to improve much. Definitely should have been a video made, lol. What would have been a 5-10 minute job for 2 people took me 45 minutes, mainly because I had to run around finding stuff heavy enough to hold the thing down while I tried to fold it. Many rocks and bad words were used, but it was finally done. That is not our trailer, but it looks like that, takes up pretty much the whole trailer length, the awning is 15 ft and the trailer body is 20'. Also got an RV mat to cover all the ground inside. Now awaiting the hitch. That should also be a challenging install, since there is not actually a totally flat spot anywhere on our property that is 40' long for the truck and trailer to sit level. We are more into undulating, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	63219  
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #16050

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Gettin' ready to ride the rainbow! Two acqusitions for this year, extra space (Carefree add-a-room) and an upgraded hitch (Andersen).

We put up the room to test, and then DH had to go away for a few days. Of course then the heavens opened and the wind howled for 3 days and nights, but everything held together! Finally, on the 4th day it stopped raining but was still blowing like stink. I decided it had to come down, since the weather was not going to improve much. Definitely should have been a video made, lol. What would have been a 5-10 minute job for 2 people took me 45 minutes, mainly because I had to run around finding stuff heavy enough to hold the thing down while I tried to fold it. Many rocks and bad words were used, but it was finally done. That is not our trailer, but it looks like that, takes up pretty much the whole trailer length, the awning is 15 ft and the trailer body is 20'. Also got an RV mat to cover all the ground inside. Now awaiting the hitch. That should also be a challenging install, since there is not actually a totally flat spot anywhere on our property that is 40' long for the truck and trailer to sit level. We are more into undulating, lol.

Oh wow. I have a wondrous mental video of you folding that thing up! Not fun at the time, but makes great entertainment later. Our friend Claire used to say, "you made a memory!" Emphasis on memory.

Anyhow, I want what she's having!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 05-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #16051

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

And here I thought that was you standing in the window looking out.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #16052

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tina,

I love the screen room. It almost doubles your flying bug-free space. However, me thinks you need a change of venue. The weather gods where you are are consistently unkind. Too much snow, too much wind, too short a season for RVing.

I'm in Yuma, Arizona now and it's way too hot, but I'll be leaving soon headed to the Pacific Northwest where the summers are marvelous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #16053

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tina,

I love the screen room. It almost doubles your flying bug-free space. However, me thinks you need a change of venue. The weather gods where you are are consistently unkind. Too much snow, too much wind, too short a season for RVing.

I'm in Yuma, Arizona now and it's way too hot, but I'll be leaving soon headed to the Pacific Northwest where the summers are marvelous.

Now stop that, you! Makin' the rest of us jealous! 'Course I remember you spent the winter in the PNW; no picnic, that.

Cheers!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #16054
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Wow, that add-a-room looks nice. I can't imagine folding that by myself! Good job, Tina.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #16055

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Barb,

Getting anything done with your teeth? Do they treat you good and can you understand their Spanglixh? How long does it take to get back to the U.S. side of the border. Did you get a Sombrero?

Old 05-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #16056
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Dunner...how's it going? Are you feeling pretty good or what?
Old 05-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #16057

I have my ups and downs. PEG tube had a big leak around the wound this morning and the towel under me got wet. Tightened the disk and re-dressed it and all seems well. I'm supposed to be "feeding" myself 12oz every 4 hours, but that seems a bit much as I think my stomach has shrunk in the last year.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #16058

Marty

I made some kefir cheese today.... I had about a quart of kefir, so put it in a cheesecloth bag.... When ready i added some fresh basil.... It is way better than ricotta, and much easier..... Yesterday son was making kefir bread.... Thank you again.

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote