Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #16381

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Cindy we gotta talk. I can tell you how to set up your C Class to ease your leveling problems with two pair of scissor jacks and a battery powered impact wrench. Total cost under $300.00 and I KNOW it works. Bindar Dundat.
Wow...that sounds like a plan! Thank you for the suggestion!

Does it matter what kind of scissor jacks, or what size they should be? Are they all the same? My Dad says he has a pair somewhere around here.

And how do I get them installed?
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #16382

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Cindy,
Instead of thinking big, like full cement pads, think of just 12 inches or a little more wide cement tracks that are fairly level. Considerably less cost than full pads. Also, instead of cement, level the area and throw in crushed rock or river rock. Jacks can be used with 3/4 inch plywood on ground or gravel/crushed rock.

More info if needed.
Thank you Wayne...I've actually seen that before in some places...and didn't remember.

Ok...I just talked to my Dad some more. He said there's electric, water and sewer right in the middle of the area we're thinking of, and we'd have to utilize a backhoe to dig them up and move them over about 15 feet (a useless trailer home is now standing there that would be torn down). The area is about 16' wide...with all that stuff in the middle.

Do you anticipate a problem with that?
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #16383

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gooooood morning RVMdom!

I can't believe that I, a truly mutated nite owl, is the first to post on this fine sunny Sunday morning. Y'all havin' too much fun on this long weekend?

Y'all be careful now, ya hear?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #16384

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ

So glad he is getting help. Glad someone checked in on the old fert.
Hey Old Fert - aka Dunner - aka Mike - get yourself well and back online. We need ya back in business!
-------
Hi Marty!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #16385
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
When I had a floating RV eventually all my boat tools had thongs attached to the boat close to where I was using them. I bet I placed about $300.00 worth of Craftsman and MasterCraft tools onto the bottom of Huron and Superior evenly.
Dennis, where you hanging the thongs out to dry? I hope you still had a pair on and were not flashing the marina.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #16386
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
Thank you Wayne...I've actually seen that before in some places...and didn't remember.

Ok...I just talked to my Dad some more. He said there's electric, water and sewer right in the middle of the area we're thinking of, and we'd have to utilize a backhoe to dig them up and move them over about 15 feet (a useless trailer home is now standing there that would be torn down). The area is about 16' wide...with all that stuff in the middle.

Do you anticipate a problem with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Old Fert - aka Dunner - aka Mike - get yourself well and back online. We need ya back in business!
-------
Hi Marty!
If there is a trailer home that is being torn down, that would be a fairly level spot to park the RV. Also, if it was one time operational it would have a sewer line and possibly a capped water line. Electricity could have been yanked out but typically sewer and water remain and just get capped.

I think you found a good solution. Now, did your dad write up a contract on the length of time you can visit?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #16387

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
..... And for the rest of you SICK TWISTED RVMs, have a grand Holiday weekend! Can I get an OH YEAH?
Dave and Nola - RVM1
Back atcha RVM1 and all STMs! Hope all is well on your part of Rainbow!

For the record - we did entertain for a moment the Jeep Unlimited. We still are but they sure are proud of them. They don't come with a trim piece or running boards and look like someone forgot to finish assembly. So add $420 for running boards. And their first - make me offer I can't refuse price was $32.8k or $1,200 below sticker price.

I'm not sure either of us want to "hop" up and "bail" out of our daily driver either. Once there we both test drove and liked it but not any more than any other vehicle we drove. Jury is out but we actually liked the cheapest and probably lowest "ranked / reviewed" car we drove as much or more than anything - the Chevy Equinox.... it was a nice little toad and the "Internet Price" was right at the average price on truecar.com. The Jeep truecar average for same package was $29k or $5K more than the Equinox.

This car hunting is no fun. I'm getting to old for this kind of nonsense. We shall see. We sall see.

Have a great remaining holiday. This evening we fry up some more GC @ CL striped bass.

OH YEAH!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Old 05-25-2014, 08:09 AM   #16388

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman
Hi Sue....

Do you feel the shift in the universe as we mutant numbers occupy the area?

Will give the mutant wave soon as we pass by your house on I 57....

So far a uneventful drive only heavy traffic was in NW Indiana near home.
Be safe and above all Happy!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #16389

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve and Mary Ann - glad your card playing extravaganzas were a success and SILs surgery as well!!

Sounds like all is as it should be up your way! Get out the oil and fry up some fish. Going to marinade this batch in some milk for an couple hours. I used to do that with black bass years ago. Annie is not a big fish fan - and she thought it was a little "fishy" tasting. My BIL and I thought it was great tasting!

Take care!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #16390

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Back atcha RVM1 and all STMs! Hope all is well on your part of Rainbow!

For the record - we did entertain for a moment the Jeep Unlimited. We still are but they sure are proud of them. They don't come with a trim piece or running boards and look like someone forgot to finish assembly. So add $420 for running boards. And their first - make me offer I can't refuse price was $32.8k or $1,200 below sticker price.

I'm not sure either of us want to "hop" up and "bail" out of our daily driver either. Once there we both test drove and liked it but not any more than any other vehicle we drove. Jury is out but we actually liked the cheapest and probably lowest "ranked / reviewed" car we drove as much or more than anything - the Chevy Equinox.... it was a nice little toad and the "Internet Price" was right at the average price on truecar.com. The Jeep truecar average for same package was $29k or $5K more than the Equinox.

This car hunting is no fun. I'm getting to old for this kind of nonsense. We shall see. We sall see.

Have a great remaining holiday. This evening we fry up some more GC @ CL striped bass.

OH YEAH!
Steve and Annie
RVM2
How can you make an intellengent decision about Jeeps without talking to our resident Jeep connoisseur (Jeff)? Or are you talking to him on the land.. 'skuse me cell phone?

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #16391

Today is our 12th anniversary... Yep.... Took us forever to find the right person....... But the best is worth waiting on.....
Thank you Larry for 12 years of LOVE and FUN..... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1401028034.654874.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	63771

Diane is retired and lazy........ So please excuse the fat lazy finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #16392

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di and Larry - Happy Anniversary to You!!
Steve and Annie
Old 05-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #16393

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
Steve ... what is wrong with the current toad? Is it ready to be pushed off a cliff into a scrap yard? That's when I begin hunting for a "newer" toad. I think I was premature with my decision to sell my old '62 Ford van. Probably could have squeezed a few more miles out of it. Old cars can be rehabilitated for far less cost than buying something new that is burdened with high-tech, impossible to fix, EPA mandated "stuff".

Now I've done it. I'm slipping into a funk over my mistake of letting the old '47 Crosley go. Small, light weight, easy to fix ... what was I thinking!!
Well sir - we have a '94 Jag Vanden Plas and a '97 Jag XJ-6 and neither is flat towable and both have over 140k on them. Both will go before we go full time and have to have something.

Sold the Crosley eh. What were ya thinking? LOL!!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #16394

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Diva
Flagship....check out TruCar.com to help on pricing

Also make a copy of your DD214 if you have one. Many manufacturers have special rebate through the 30th for all military....not just the active military.

Good luck.
Did the truecar last night and it was very helpful.
Actually have a retired AF ID in my wallet!

Have a great holiday weekend - and thanks for the PM and tips above!
Steve and Annie
RVM2