Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #16633
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Just posted something in another forum and used the term "nooks and crannies". After I did, it dawned on me that it is a term seldom used by anyone who did not watch the first landing on the moon. Meaning ... it is an old-timer's term. So now, has there EVER been a solid definition for a crannie being different from a nook? Have I, all these years, been redundant?

Man, it hurts to think this deeply. Need to take a mid-morning nap.
Well, the way our language is altered and butchered these days, "Nooks" are ereaders and "crannies" is short for cranberries. Gives the expression an whole new meaning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #16634
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Well, on the MAC I use MAC Mail, on the PC I use Thunderbird (Free). Whenever I'm using a computer other than mine I use Web Mail. You don't want to know why, but I have over 10 email accounts. (Goes back to my IT Security days) and every one of them are forwarded to my one email address. Most of them are my "throw away" email and when the junk gets to much I just delete it and create another one.

So there back atchya.

Dueling IT security; I was a senior systems analyst for ExxonMobil for 28 years. I also have a couple of throw-down email addys and one that is cloaked. I don't have the group emails routed to my regular email because they tend to take over the in-box. So, I log in to Yahoo to see the group activity.

Now back to packing. Colorado bound on Saturday!!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #16635

Quote:
Just posted something in another forum and used the term "nooks and crannies". After I did, it dawned on me that it is a term seldom used by anyone who did not watch the first landing on the moon. Meaning ... it is an old-timer's term. So now, has there EVER been a solid definition for a crannie being different from a nook? Have I, all these years, been redundant?

Man, it hurts to think this deeply. Need to take a mid-morning nap.

From somewhere on the web........

"As for who first decided to put them together and when--- I couldn't tell you.

But it makes sense, since they are more or less synonymous, and therefor combining them creates an hyperbolic emphasis on the extent of relevant crevices.
Source:"

Diane is retired, So please excuse the duh finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #16636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
From somewhere on the web........

"As for who first decided to put them together and when--- I couldn't tell you.

But it makes sense, since they are more or less synonymous, and therefor combining them creates an hyperbolic emphasis on the extent of relevant crevices.
All very well but in my part of the world the expression was "crooks and nannies"
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #16637

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Talking About :angel:Mike

I talked to Linda this morning. Mike's wish was to be cremated and have his asses interred with his parents. She will be having a memorial at his house in Phoenix, but the date has not been set.

And I forgot to ask if Mike had a favorite charity, Dang it! She's more than a bit overwhealmed, but she said Mike was very organized and had put his affairs in order. She just needs time to go thru his stuff.

Please ignore the cheesy grin in the title. I didn't mean for it to be there and I can't edit out. But it didn't put in the like I wanted. That will be in front of Mike's name whenever I post about him. That is how I see him and honor him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #16638

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Are going to ponder on this or mull it over?

Well ... I may have to agonize over that decision.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #16639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Easy for you to say !! 😆
Old 05-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #16640

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
All very well but in my part of the world the expression was "crooks and nannies"

Chicago?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #16641

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well since Wayne and Sarah have revealed their secreat past and their alias e-mails I feel it's time to let you in on the Super Secreat e-mail action that I use. First I developed a second e-mail account that never gets any replies. I Just Never Give It Out!

Just checking in!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #16642
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well since Wayne and Sarah have revealed their secreat past and their alias e-mails I feel it's time to let you in on the Super Secreat e-mail action that I use. First I developed a second e-mail account that never gets any replies. I Just Never Give It Out!

Just checking in!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #16643
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I talked to Linda this morning. Mike's wish was to be cremated and have his asses interred with his parents. She will be having a memorial at his house in Phoenix, but the date has not been set.

And I forgot to ask if Mike had a favorite charity, Dang it! She's more than a bit overwhealmed, but she said Mike was very organized and had put his affairs in order. She just needs time to go thru his stuff.

Please ignore the cheesy grin in the title. I didn't mean for it to be there and I can't edit out. But it didn't put in the like I wanted. That will be in front of Mike's name whenever I post about him. That is how I see him and honor him.
Thanks for the update, Barb. I hope Linda is holding up OK.

I usually make memorial donations to either St. Jude's Children's Hospital or the ASPCA, or occasionally a new book for the library. I think in Mike's case, I will go with the ASPCA since he was a dog lover.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #16644

Quote:
Easy for you to say !! 😆

Lol.... Copy and paste.......

Diane is retired, So please excuse the duh finger slides.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #16645

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Les, for cryin' out loud. I just about had that image out of my head! Sheesh!

Personally I don't see a problem. Water will be the easiest, then digging a line trench and connecting it to the sewer line would be second, and because electricity is what it is, I place it the more difficult.

Consider hiring professionals for the job and make darn sure that they configure the electricity correctly. It is not wired like an electric dryer. When you get ready for that, let us know and we'll provide a like for the correct RV electrical hook up.

Are there any city/county codes that need to be adhered to? Are permits needed?

Edited: What the hey: here is the link to the electric: RV Electric

Put in the 50 amp service even if you don't need it right now. You may get a 50 amp later, OR we may come visit.

Jeesh...thus is hard to do on my phone!!

Anyway, thanks so much Wayne! I will save this link.

The more I talk to my Dad about these issues, the more I realize the tasks will fall on my shoulders, alone. I don't think he wants to be bothered with any of it.

It won't be that bad.... as long as the costs are reasonable.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #16646

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I am deeply saddened at the news of Mike's passing.
Not all that wander are lost and not all that is broken can be fixed.

Many of you were familiar with Dunner before I joined iRV2, but I bumped into him on threads even as a lurker. Those of us who "knew" him journeyed with him through some difficult terrain. There was a point not long ago when it appeared our buddy Mike was back among us and the rainbow brightened up a bit. I thought his health had taken a turn for the better, but it seems perhaps he was putting his best self forward. He told me not long ago that "it was bad". He said he had lived hard and pretty much made his way as he pleased. It was clear to me he was 100% mutant through and through.

And so with that, and without putting it to a vote – I hereby appoint on this day - May 29, 2014 - Mike (Dunner) Beatty – RVM23 as our Official Guardian Angel. We will now ride the rainbow with you looking over our shoulder Mike and we're all better for having known you.

Journey In Peace Mike
Steve and Annie
RVM2
Awwww....that's nice.
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote