Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #16689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
Yeah we are home. Been cleaning the MH between rain showers. Had a good trip but glad to be home.
Have you got Mary fishing in the rain.

Welcome home, Jim, and same to MaryAnn! It's good to hear from you again.

Nice to have elbow room again, isn't it? Even as much as we love our rigs, it still makes a nice change.

I'll have to look up Reno's location. If you're having rain, I'm guessing you aren't in West Texas, but if I knew, I've forgotten. CRS, as they say!

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #16690
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Just because everyone was aware of my Mom situation, I thought I would share her current status.

It's tough to constantly have the thought that the old gal won't be with us forever, but if there was any silver lining in the cloud, it is the Hospice House she is in now.

We speak to her every day by phone because we live about 900 miles from where she is.

She has an uplifted spirit because of her surroundings and the people that she has caring for her. She says, staying here is like being at a 5 star resort (something my Mom has never done in her life) and the people are so wonderfully nice. Porridge in the morning is exactly the way she would make it. They come and ask her if she needs anything or would like anything. There's a triple decker bird house outside her window and she watches the birds come and go all day. Yesterday morning a lady came through with her small pet dog and Mom spent some time with it doing tricks and visiting. In the afternoon a lady came by with her guitar and Mom and her sang songs together for about a half hour. Dinners are great she says, like a fine restaurant, tastes like chef prepared. They bath her, tuck her in make sure she's comfortable.

When she talks, she sounds like she feels pampered and enjoying herself!

The people that care for her there are like Angels and it makes not being there a little easier on the heart strings .

My sister and brother are there every day thankfully.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #16691

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Just because everyone was aware of my Mom situation, I thought I would share her current status.

It's tough to constantly have the thought that the old gal won't be with us forever, but if there was any silver lining in the cloud, it is the Hospice House she is in now.

We speak to her every day by phone because we live about 900 miles from where she is.

She has an uplifted spirit because of her surroundings and the people that she has caring for her. She says, staying here is like being at a 5 star resort (something my Mom has never done in her life) and the people are so wonderfully nice. Porridge in the morning is exactly the way she would make it. They come and ask her if she needs anything or would like anything. There's a triple decker bird house outside her window and she watches the birds come and go all day. Yesterday morning a lady came through with her small pet dog and Mom spent some time with it doing tricks and visiting. In the afternoon a lady came by with her guitar and Mom and her sang songs together for about a half hour. Dinners are great she says, like a fine restaurant, tastes like chef prepared. They bath her, tuck her in make sure she's comfortable.

The people that care for her there are like Angels and it makes not being there a little easier on the heart strings .

Les, we do care... In my opinion, Hospice is one of the best things available, for this stage. I have never heard anything other than wonderful things.... The caregivers at Hospice have the be angels on earth.... They have all of my utmost respect. Please keep us posted.... You can be sure we listen and care.....

Diane is a retired SFM........... (Sliding Finger Mutant) duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #16692
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Les,
Thank you so much for sharing that. Prayers are with you and your Mom.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #16693
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Les, we do care... In my opinion, Hospice is one of the best things available, for this stage. I have never heard anything other than wonderful things.... The caregivers at Hospice have the be angels on earth.... They have all of my utmost respect. Please keep us posted.... You can be sure we listen and care.....

Diane is a retired SFM........... (Sliding Finger Mutant) duh!
I'm so proud that you decided to come out of the closet and post the SFM signature.

Duh sends!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #16694

Vintage RV Owners Club
Les,
I am sure everyone is more comfortable with the Hospice house thing, I have a friend who works at one, and while it is hard, it is rewarding she says. There usually is a "living room" type place for people to go sit in and a food station where they can help themselves to meals brought in by the community. There is even a piano in the living room area where folks can play or people come in to play and just fill the building with music. Just try not to be one of those families who just can not/will not let go and cause everyone around to have a harder time. Try to give her the grace she needs to exit gracefully.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #16695

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Les,
Thank you so much for sharing that. Prayers are with you and your Mom.
X10 bud.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #16696

Thanks Les!

My Mom left last year and spent her last weeks in hospice. She and all of her kin were very pleased with them. It was a graceful, peaceful and pleasant experience for all.

Bless you, sir.

Dave and Nola - RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #16697

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Les, the rights of passage have come a long way since the early seventies when my mom passed. It is so great to hear your mom is being pampered and spoiled.

I am both happy for her and sad for you and your siblings but it sounds like your mom is being given the royal treatment. All the best to you and your family from our house. Hopefully we will see you in early August.

Denise and Dennis
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 AM   #16698

Thank you, Les, for posting the update on your mom. I'm so glad she has good hospice care and family who care so much.

All the best to her and to you as well.

Sue

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #16699

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Les, it was good of you to fill us in on your mother's situation.
My sister has hospice care in her home, and when we saw her last month she was happier and appeared more robust than she had for the past couple years. I am sure it is because they aren't putting all those meds in her, that she seems different.
Sometimes when they prescribe the drugs I think they forget the person in the quest to fight the disease.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #16700

Dang infernal combustion engines! Mini-tiller for the garden and I can't start the thing by myself. I can run it, can maybe restart it if I it's already warm, can refill the gas tank ... but can't start the dang thing.

So in an hour, one tank of gas-worth, about 1/10 of the fenced in space is done, and it really is a small garden. Phhhht! At this rate, there will be snow in the air before I'm ready to plant.

I'm ready for a cold one. Something. Anything. How about a Hurricane? A Smoothie? Or a Skip and Go Naked? Nah. Ice water is quicker and easier. And closer.

Cheers!
Sue

Old 05-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #16701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Dang infernal combustion engines! Mini-tiller for the garden and I can't start the thing by myself. I can run it, can maybe restart it if I it's already warm, can refill the gas tank ... but can't start the dang thing.

So in an hour, after Martin finally got the thing started, and after one tank of gas-worth, about 1/10 of the fenced in space is done, and it really is a small garden. Phhhht! At this rate, there will be snow in the air before I'm ready to plant.

I'm ready for a cold one. Something. Anything. How about a Hurricane? A Smoothie? A Tootsie Roll? Or a Skip and Go Naked? Nah. Ice water is quicker and easier. And closer.

Cheers!
Sue

Old 05-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #16702

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

Les that was one of the most uplifting post I've read lately, thanks for sharing.