Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #17389

We could roll around the country in a "flash mob" gathering mutants along the route. I've yet to find anyone to tag along with in a mini-caravan. Might be fun. Plenty of RVers pass us on the interstates but making contact with them is nearly impossible.

Would a rolling curiosity be out of the question? RCRVM for the acronym afflicted.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #17390
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Bob called me yesterday - his cell phone died and numbers were not on the sim card so he lost some info. He asked for Tim's and Dwayne's ph# which I provided by email - sorry folks LOL.
Hey Bob, I got your phone mail today. I don't have Tim's number, well I have "HIS NUMBER," but not his phone number. Glad Steve was able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Nope. My ideal app would only be for RVM, Alas... I do not develop apps....

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Notepad on the iPad, or would that be nOtepad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
We could roll around the country in a "flash mob" gathering mutants along the route. I've yet to find anyone to tag along with in a mini-caravan. Might be fun. Plenty of RVers pass us on the interstates but making contact with them is nearly impossible.

Would a rolling curiosity be out of the question? RCRVM for the acronym afflicted.
We need to have a secret headlight flash. Maybe flash flash flash (space) longflash longflash longflash (space) longflash longflash and it is SOM (Save Our Mutantdom)

Nah, someone would screw up the last one and mak it an "S."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #17391
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay Diane, I found a solution for your plotting experience.

Create an account on MapQuest, use their MapBuilder program to drop pins wherever you want. that will give you an idea of where everyone is. As you get information on their moving around, delete a pin and add a pin.

Between the puppies and the maps, if you can't get it done in 24 hours, work nights.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #17392

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a temp hold on a winter parking lot in RGV. The place looks nice - has more sites than we were looking for - stacks em end to end and side by side - but gives us a 550 mile drive - warmth and will be many times better than work and DFW... We have Dec 1 through Mar 1 and three months got us the 4th month free should winter run long... Also - not so expensive that we couldn't leave early or take Bonita up the coast for a week or two "vacation" LOL. Really would like to see Rockport parks and visit Port Aransas too.

So our patch of "Tex-Mex blacktop" looks like this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2786064320.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	65155

This is the place:
http://tipotexasrv.com/
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #17393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay Diane, I found a solution for your plotting experience.

Create an account on MapQuest, use their MapBuilder program to drop pins wherever you want. that will give you an idea of where everyone is. As you get information on their moving around, delete a pin and add a pin.

Between the puppies and the maps, if you can't get it done in 24 hours, work nights.

Lol..... Have you ever tried to do that on an ipad with SFM? Mapquest doesnt really like to let ipad users drop more than one pin....... Now if you want to buy me an imac air, i will be glad to..... My laptop is a 6year old Dell (windows) with an extra wide screen and that sucker is Heavy......

Herb, i will check into that app, only problem us EVERYONE would have to leave their location service on, and that eats at your phone/ipad battery time.....

Marty, i agree, i would like to suggest that we try to set 2 GC, maybe a summer AND a winter..... If we try to do the same time/week/month, it might be easier for others to plan.... I dont care where, we will make it if we can.
I suggested Branson, but havent camped there in years... It was at State Park on west of lake. I have no suggestions of any places I have been to that have pavilions...
tennessee ir Kentucky?

Diane is the original SFM........... ( Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #17394

Quote:
I have a temp hold on a winter parking lot in RGV. The place looks nice - has more sites than we were looking for - stacks em end to end and side by side - but gives us a 550 mile drive - warmth and will be many times better than work and DFW... We have Dec 1 through Mar 1 and three months got us the 4th month free should winter run long... Also - not so expensive that we couldn't leave early or take Bonita up the coast for a week or two "vacation" LOL. Really would like to see Rockport parks and visit Port Aransas too.

Attachment 65155

This is the place:
tip o' texasÂ* rv resort - Tip O' Texas, RGV RV Resort, Activities, Rentals, Winter Getaway

Looks like a real nice CG. Facilities and activities look top notch. Rates fairly reasonable especially with the first timer free month.

It will take you about 2 - 3 weeks to settle in and not have it feel like another vacation. Once you begin to ask "what day is it?", you'll know you're getting accustomed to retirement and being a snowbird. Except I think you need to drive at least 900 miles to be considered a snowbird.

Congrats on your upcoming stating of your vowels. Like, where were Mary Ann and I when you announced that you and Annie were still just really good friends? We thought you were married. You acted married. You two didn't have that "dating mode" going on. I think this just puts your relationship in the final stage mode. Little will change. Annie will still let you know what you're thinking or what "your" decision is. LOL

Anyway, our joy is your joy. The rainbow is glowing brightly this day.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #17395
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutants are where?

For Dianne. Start you planning. Let Steve know where is the best area.

Location of Mutant States (of mind).

No place specific in the State, just a State. If I had home towns I could have been more specific.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mutants.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	65160  
Old 06-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #17396

Vintage RV Owners Club
Certainly looks like Ohio/Michigan should qualify for a gathering so those up more northeast can come... and the one they are planning up toward the northwet is good and Perhaps Tennesse or Alabama area? also might be a good locale....
Old 06-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #17397

R U an RV Mutant too?

Steve, looks like you found a dandy wintering place. Good show!

Folks, yeah you STMs! I suggest that Michigan and such might be nice places, but I have not done the Midwest Mosquito Wave for many years. Nor the Biting Black Fly Swat. Dont look forward to doing it again soon either.

However, Lanesboro, MN is in an area with very little standing water, mostly flowing water. Very few skeeters and good infrastructure. Nice community center.
http://www.lanesboro-mn.gov/site/lan...ity-center.php

Just sayin.

Site suggestion submitted. Please advise temps.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #17398

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, I think ours was the first Mutant Wedding. We had a wonderful day, and we wish the same for Steve and Annie. Congratulations!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #17399

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
The east coast is nice in the Summer :-)
Pacific Northwest is even nicer. AND!!! Dennis and I are planning what I have been referring to as a Midi Curiosity near Oroville, Washington (north central WA) for Aug 5-10, 2014. There's a lake up there that spans the border with Canada. I'm hoping to see 8-10 of us up there.

What's a better term than midi to describe a Curiosity smaller than the Grande and more than a Mini?

All mutants are invited to join us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #17400

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Well, funny that app topic came up... When Steve was asking for help with the Son of GC... I was thinking... ok, I have a list of where all the mutants say they live or are from... but that isn't really going to help us find a central local for folks because many of us don't stay put and are in the southern part of the continent during one part of the year and in the northern portion for another portion and the rest of the time somewhere in between! It's like trying to herd cats, trying to keep track of each others whereabouts! I wanted to print out a map and mark each home place and take a string and see if I could come up with something equitable for traveling... but that pretty much puts us in the midwest area for those from more coastal climes...

So, an app would be a great idea.... but I really don't think we should pay attention to dividing up the driving distance as then those in the midwest will always 'win' and some of us would like to see other parts of the country.
I think the solution would be having several GC's around the country at various times of the year! It will just take time to discover the places that work the best for our group get together styles and then we will have complied a list of places that work out. I believe Branson was mentioned once... but I've not camped in other than a state campground there and don't recall if they had a large shelter/pavilion type place... or what type of hookups, etc. I think we will just have to keep our eyes open as we camp and submit spots we have personally been to and think might work.
If you join RV Village, you can post your location on their, and it only stays there.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #17401

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Diane, the last week of April was chosen for the first GC mainly because the weather would be pleasant by then, but the rates were still "off season". That would change for different areas of the country depending on the climate and school schedule.

Campgrounds are delighted to book big groups in the off season. More perks, less cost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #17402

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey Bob, I got your phone mail today. I don't have Tim's number, well I have "HIS NUMBER," but not his phone number. Glad Steve was able to help.

Notepad on the iPad, or would that be nOtepad?

We need to have a secret headlight flash. Maybe flash flash flash (space) longflash longflash longflash (space) longflash longflash and it is SOM (Save Our Mutantdom)

Nah, someone would screw up the last one and mak it an "S."
Oh YEAH! I see a detour mini curiosity in my future! Looks like a great place. Checked out the location, close to lots of serious seafood!

Quote:

Attachment 65155

This is the place:
http://tipotexasrv.com/
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote