Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #19545

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Did I miss something in my quick scan of your wordy postings? I see a mention of an exclusive place for the pending son of GC? where and when is my main question and concern?
There is no location at this time... we are still mulling, pondering, and otherwise scratching our heads and thoughtfully considering various locations. Some mutants have an expressed a fondness for a location may miles outside of your comfort zone.... I will send you their names so that may address them individually - whether it be bribe or bat....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #19546

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen.
We may have a winner!
But will Chuck put an entry into www.rvmutants.com ?

Will Naomi finally find her true love on the prairie? Or is she just whistling dixie?
Stay tuned to the next exciting episode to find out...
This place looks awesome and I love the smokey mountains
Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #19547
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I don't care what ya use so there.
��
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
When they had a unique risk processor back in the day - I had a G2 I belive it was and another something or other... and a AGFA pro scanner and on and on... but using plain old computers for business the last 27 years - and the almost equal if not better dual core processing speeds in computers - it really comes down to exactly what you say - what OS you like better. As for the memory and battery issue - I do prefer being able to add memory and change batteries over not...

But really - Apple / PC - Jeep / Not - Class A - Pop Up -- all comes down to personal preference and $ to spend. To each their own. Today I have PC and Droid - tomorrow I may have something else. I'm married to Annie - not operating systems ��������������

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Steve. I have a nice Dell laptop in my studio..... But I am so addicted to apples that i seldom use it.... Thinking about the new MAC air, But cant bring myself to pay for it yet.... Especially since there is also a desktop in studio too....

I havent updated to newer ipad or iphone because of the smaller plug.... I have too many of the old cords.... I use an ipad 2, have an ipad and android tablet for grandkids to use.... I do not like the droid operating systems...... I am on my 3rd iphone, almost 2 years old, and both of my previous phones still work..... I am still impressed with the quality of apple products....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Thasmygirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Is the Chez Dalla-Vicenza on that itinerary?
[...]
A while back I watched a TV documentary where the presenter made the claim that Apple users and afficandoes can be likened to members of a cult religion. They believe theirs is the better way.

And you expected otherwise??????
Way back in the day of teaching adult computer education I was often asked which is better, PC or MAC. My reply was always the same and started with a question. What do you intend to do with it? If all you want to do is word processing, and some general games, then a PC is good. If on the other hand you want to get involved with heavy graphics, then the MAC was probably a better choice. It was at that time, circa 1984-85, that the 300 baud modem was popular and there was a service that came up where one could shop using a computer. It was not fully developed at the time but it was still an interesting concept and difficult to get across to the students. Either computer would have been fine for that application.

Now-a-days, the PC has some fine graphics, and the MAC has some fine word processing so it really comes down to a matter of personal preference. Consider that what you have does not matter so long as you can converse with all of the other mutants in the world.

Personally, MAC RULES!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #19548

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sooooo, we have been here almost 3 months. We start (as in LAUNCH) winter 3 on 8/1 and can hardly wait. Year 1 was 7 months out, year 2 was 8. Shooting for 9 months this time!

We have finished all medical and vehicle issues, seen everyone, partied but not like the old days. Gwen has new toys and wants to try them out: TPMS, new air filter, and a new Class B licensed driver!

The itch to GO is stronger than ever, especially since we have been researching possible sights and campgrounds and food and.....you get the idea! Looking forward to as many Mini-Cs as possible in the area of Tucson, Yuma, etc.

Today we spend the day with Son and Grandson for eating, a movie, laughing and talking too way much; a three-generation memorable moment!

There are some RVMs with health issues affecting them or their kin or friends, and Nola and I send our very best wishes to all of you! To STMs out on the Rainbow, pics or......
I hear you. We still have family and people to see. Going to try and get out in Early September. Would like to get down to Sierra Vista by early October.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #19549

Tiffin Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

I hate, I mean love (sorry) my iPhone. It is the consummate aloof electronic companion. It does what it wants regardless of what you want, kind of like a cat. Thank god for PCs, and dogs. Faithful till the end and will do what you want. I'd switch to a Samsung phone but I think my apple is listening.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #19550

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I hate, I mean love (sorry) my iPhone. It is the consummate aloof electronic companion. It does what it wants regardless of what you want, kind of like a cat. Thank god for PCs, and dogs. Faithful till the end and will do what you want. I'd switch to a Samsung phone but I think my apple is listening.
In May the SAS Institute released a Mac version - yes this year.... and running SAS - Tableau - Business Objects and a ton of other stuff I have had to use the past 20+ years to earn a paycheck just would not work - or required a windows emulator to run poorly. Now that I have 84 days of work remaining - a tablet may meet more of my needs - who knows what I might do. But the Galaxy S5 is proving to be a nice phone. Has it issues but I like it. Nothings perfect.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #19551

Well i went back to the doctor because my arm and shoulder would not stop hurting. Come to find out i have a spur and a sist in my shoulder and on top of that my humerus is broken in my shoulder. But I'm ok. The rainbow moves on.lol

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #19552

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Well i went back to the doctor because my arm and shoulder would not stop hurting. Come to find out i have a spur and a sist in my shoulder and on top of that my humerus is broken in my shoulder. But I'm ok. The rainbow moves on.lol

Hoping for a good outcome on that Dwayne, I mean Grandpa. 😉
I feel your pain, sorta. Arthritis. 😬
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #19553

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Om my my my... and I believe I missed a call from you too...

I owe ya one. Please Dwayne, get fixed up and try to stay that way. I know it's hard, but ya got to hang together grandpaw.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #19554

Quote:

Dang.... Dwayne... Ya gotta get well...... You are too young to be old....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #19555

Quote:

Good grief, man! Have all your warranties run out already?! Maybe you shouldn't play Superman after age 29? At least be very nice to the man with the stethoscope; he probably plays with knives.

Truly, I'm sorry to hear all that. As has been said, I can feel your pain through my own and wish you good care. VA?

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #19556

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Herb - I know you're really at Comic-Con in San Diego this week. Did ya get any autographs or celeb pics...
Old 07-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #19557

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Oh my! Be good to yourself! prayers your way....
Old 07-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #19558

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dwayne, spurs, impingement, rotator cuff, all just scares of honor worn by the ruff and tuff like us! Been there done that and can still spoil a grand child. Getter taken care of and get ready for a son of GC!